It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Gets NRA Endorsement, Says He'll Ban Gun-Free Zones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

People don't care that he has flopped on pretty much every position from the past.
This guy is a salesman, he knows how to work people and tell them what they want to hear. People just don't care and cling to the " He isn't a politician!" line and act like they are the only people who blow smoke up your ass.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The real question is, why believe Trump? He has clearly made peace with the Republican elites but that doesn't mean what he wants to do has changed, it only means that what he says has changed. Even when he says something on policy he always leaves room to change his mind. Like his Supreme Court picks, he said these people or someone similar. On guns he has said he wants gun laws that make sense, and part of making sense is removing gun free zones. It's all double speak.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
He would have the ability to instruct his justice department to investigate the legality of gun free zones, potentially even bringing the situation before the SCOTUS to determine the constitutionality of public universities and businesses which do business with the public passing "gun free" zone policies. It's exactly the same as Obama's justice department filing a $200,000 fine against the bakery that refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

It's too late at night to go into the in depth debates on pro/con here, but I'll say this. I live in a very high crime towns. If it weren't for the fact that I spend 50% of my time on a fairly safe campus which has banned guns (aside from security personnel), I would carry one 100% of the time. As it is, I don't want to leave a gun at home for protection where it can be stolen, or where it won't be there when someone tries to carjack me on the street.

If Trump were to remove gun free zones for public institutions I would be quite happy.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I do believe that gun-free zones in places where it is impossible to actually enforce it or check for guns are pointless and stupid, but if it's a place where the guns can actually be searched for, e.g. the entrance to a courthouse, then there's nothing wrong with banning guns there. Much like smoking. Or flopping your penis out.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Gun free zones serve a purpose, they prevent the death of the false flag operatives. It would be pretty messy if a black ops guy got greased by some do gooder armed citizen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join