It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporatism/Corporate state vs Fascism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I just think we as a capitalist world (largely) need more government control over our corporations

According to that theory, America would be better off more fascist?

I don't know if that would be an improvement.
edit on 20-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: sp.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

So you think that controlling corporations is a bad thing? They control hospitals, our government, education, ambulances, everything.

When I say control I don't mean censorship of everything, I mean commonsense nationalism and control for the betterment of the people.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Fascism is where the nation state is strong and controls the actions of the corporations and banks.

So you think that controlling corporations is a bad thing?

That depends on how you look at it, I guess.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I just think we as a capitalist world (largely) need more government control over our corporations,

After the GFC toxic assets were purchased by the Government then repackaged and resold to the same peddlars for cents in the $. Seriously more Government control?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Since most of the wealth goes back to a very few individuals, the Corporations have to work for them, the Corporations lobby the government to get what they want, as Governments and their leaders are bought and sold . It sound more like a De facto Aristocracy run by merchant princess . Where the illusion of choice is maintained to keep the sheep munching , and the cows mooing.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A very interesting analogy, seeing as the sports entertainment Industrial complex is one of the most unhealthy, self destructive, & downright evil examples of the Corporotacracy dominating our lives while we worship it like a God & give it all of our money & attention.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Since most of the wealth goes back to a very few individuals, the Corporations have to work for them, the Corporations lobby the government to get what they want, as Governments and their leaders are bought and sold . It sound more like a De facto Aristocracy run by merchant princess . Where the illusion of choice is maintained to keep the sheep munching , and the cows mooing.

I agree, unfortunately this revolving door, and the buying of government officials is rampant, that is why we need true for-the-betterment-of-the-nation-state government control. Not government control that only exists to make the rich richer . I think that perhaps that is a naive hope, that there will be people in government willing to do what is right for the people, but it is one that I still have deep inside. Hence the difference between corporatism in this case, and nationalism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join