It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can You Use Student Loans to Go On Spring Break?

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well the thing is, I paid into my G.I. Bill and was even denied that, 15 years later, 4 JAGs, 5 letters of Denial from VA office and just about every boneheaded excuse you can come up with as to where paperwork is and where answers come from, and I still don't have that 48k I paid into in Basic training. They just invested it and spent it on more 500 hammers I suppose.

I've self taught myself web design, development and went into SEO and Cybersecurity myself.

While every other tom, dick and Harriett get's approved ( somehow ) for college loans that many could buy a modest home for or a brand new car, but most go for that liberal arts degree, no offence to anyone with an actual liberal arts degree.

The thing is, all these student loan debts, are going to be the cause of the next great depression, one that will make the housing bubble look like a key step in some Bernie Maddof scheme.

Just remember, Our debt could be tomorrow's War.




posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know where you lot have been living but this is been going on since god knows when.
I would hazard a guess that about 95% of university students just go to uni to have a good time and if they come out with a degree all the better and let's face it unis give degrees out for really stupid things. The other 5% is what the university people hold up to the public as their successes.
The majority of students I've come across do invest their money in businesses like the student unions bars(cheap beer don't you know) curry houses, music festivals etc. etc. etc.



posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
uni is just a 4 year party. school does not take that much effort unless going to an elite school which most are not.

Every college women I met at uni, I just want to study abroad in Europe and about 1/4 end up going. My sister blew like 6k in a month, I just shake my head. That's 6k that could of been part of idk, a down payment for a house.

When society mainstreams and funds things like study abroad aka ridiculous unneeded consumption that should be all you need to know about society.

Study abroad is far worse than spending the money on something needed like a car.



new topics
 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join