It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four women attacked near car park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Biigs

Sad, really.

The more I read of the UK, it seems nearly like a giant prison with the inmates under constant surveillance, and disarmed such that only the crooks have "illegal" guns and knives. And worse, it seems, the prison guards prefer to look the other way when the bad people victimize the innocents. Its almost like the cops take the view that there are no "innocents", just inmates.

Instead of reading about it, why don't you try visiting? I think you'll find a country which, whilst not perfect, is nothing like your description. Oh, and as for worrying about offending our cops - don't. In the vast majority of cases, you have to be pretty serious and pretty persistent in your attempts to antagonise them before you get a reaction.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you focus your efforts and attention on the tools used, rather than the people using them, you will never find a solution to the problem. Tools are just tools. Anything can be used as a weapon. Anything. I remember a news article about a woman who hit her husband on the head with a frozen pot roast and killed him. You have to address the people and the reasons they kill, not the tools they use.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

Sad, really.

The more I read of the UK, it seems nearly like a giant prison with the inmates under constant surveillance, and disarmed such that only the crooks have "illegal" guns and knives. And worse, it seems, the prison guards prefer to look the other way when the bad people victimize the innocents. Its almost like the cops take the view that there are no "innocents", just inmates.

Instead of reading about it, why don't you try visiting? I think you'll find a country which, whilst not perfect, is nothing like your description. Oh, and as for worrying about offending our cops - don't. In the vast majority of cases, you have to be pretty serious and pretty persistent in your attempts to antagonise them before you get a reaction.

Great reply.

Yes while the UK has its issues, for a massively multicultural country(s) we are actually doing pretty well. If you are nice, pleasant and get the job done you will get rewarded with a comfortable and violence free life. Its also very picturesque out of the citys.

I do hate the way the courts act and luckily its NOT having the dramatic effect you would think, a lot of people learn that yes you can be a violent psychopath and get away with a lot - but you can just as easy devote that attention on a good life - and get it.

edit on b3232333 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

man you guys are ruled by a Monarchy, and if this had happened here in US that man would have been shot dead by all four ladies at the same time saving us all some needed tax money. People not being shot does not suddenly equate to no more crime. UK has high violent crime and the police have been caught routinely lying on reporting under pressure from MP's trying to make it look like they get results.

What makes matters worse besides the violent crime, is people who actually use lethal force to defend themselves are treated as criminal themselves and heavily scrutinized before being cleared. As if self preservation needs anyone's permission.

People the world over come to the US in spite of this alleged "plague of gun crime" because they know we are stable. Brits will start a drunken riot over a damn soccer game and destroy property. This is intolerable behavior, and if the police did not appear as a joke sometimes I bet your average citizen would have a little more respect and sportsmanship before angrily attack the surrounding community after an event.

This attacker should get the death sentence.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

"This attacker should get the death sentence."

Somehow i imagine any Man capable of randomly stabbing 4 Woman pedestrians for no apparent reason probably has a few mental health issues so a death sentence could be rather extreme. Never mind the fact that we currently do not have a death sentence policy in place in the UK.

Locking the the culprit up in a facility that can accommodate and treat his issues seems like a better idea to me, if somewhat more expensive i suppose but end of the day, one way or another, people like this should not be allowed to walk the streets praying on the innocent.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

wait so the answer to the violent criminal is what? Some time in an asylum until he can lie good enough to his counselors about no loner being a threat?? That actually makes more sense to you? I recommend y'all start treating violent criminals like the violent criminals they are, and not try to make excuses for why they attacked random innocent victims. Whatever though, its your country I guess. I prefer the permanent solution to murderers and attempted murderers rather than trying to help them back into society as a misunderstood lost soul that needs therapy.

It could easily have been premeditated as in "the culprit planned and knew he wanted to stab people today, just anyone" . Mentally unstable or not, a bullet is the solution to that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah its a bit weird here, if somone trys to kill you with a knife you take it off them and in the scuffle you kill them in self defence - you go to prison..... 0.o

EDIT: though i suppose witnesses would make the difference n the above scenario.
edit on b1313305 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its beyond me how in Britain it has always been that if you have damaged property or stolen from some establishment you rarely if at all get bail but if you commit a violent crime - bail you get. Shows the legal system's values and who they protect.

How the hell did someone as dangerous and deranged as this get bail because if he attacked a police officer he sure as hell wouldn't be bothered about attacking ordinary people. Did anyone responsible for our bail system consider he could have attacked kids, women are bad enough?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I don't really have the answer to violent criminality in society but execution is certainly not a the way to go especially so if the person has mental health issues. As to a bullet being a solution, well if i have to say if he had tried to stab me or anyone around me and i had a gun, i would have shot him to prevent injury to myself and others.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

BAN THE KNIVES!

Ban the crazies.

And take the knife makers to court [sarcasm]!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

you wish!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Love the Muppet by the way.

You are right we did away with the death penalty and for a good reason that its rare you can be 100% positive you have the guilty person; also our law depends on how good your barrister is in an awful lot of cases.

But what I do wonder is about the mental health issue we see used time and again today.

Surely its fair to say we can all go off the deep end given enough provocation - and yes we don't all kill even when swinging through said deep end. But we use the mental health issue a lot and I am wondering if its parameters are set a little low - just a thought because as you go through life, you meet a lot of strong willed people who will go for whatever they want regardless of the means they employ, but they are not mentally ill just mental strong willed and delinquent in their values.

Does anyone know anything about this man and who he is?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Cant seem to find any identity as to the attacker. So far all i can establish is that he only went for Woman, was very tall, unshaven, dark skinned and appeared to be incredibly anxious.

Sounds like he was on something to me or possibly schizophrenic or suffering from some other form of mental disorder.

edit on 24-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Dollars to donuts it was religion that played the major role. Mix in a bit of crazy and you have a powder keg.

A muslim? Wouldnt suprise me really.
Is the perps name public yet?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

He has been named locally as Ethem Aydin Orhan, 66. I have seen no reference to the attacker's race, nationality or religion. "Named locally" is journalese for "everyone knows who they are, but the authorities can't release their name "officially" for procedural reasons". It might be a UK thing.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's a bit more about the creep. Seems he was arrested the day before for possession of a knife and assaulting a Police Officer and then released.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

On Friday 20th May – just two days before the third anniversary of the terrorist attack that saw UK soldier Lee Rigby stabbed and hacked to death on London streets – a man named Ethem Aydin Orhon stabbed multiple women in a supermarket car park just 15 miles away.

Mr Orhon was caught by police and remanded in custody until he appeared in front of Wimbledon Magistrates Court the next day. He is now being held until trial on June 17th, when he’ll be charged with four counts of attempted murder and one of possessing an offensive weapon.

But what you don’t see in the reporting of the Independent, the Guardian, the Evening Standard, the Daily Mail, the Mirror, the Sun, ITV, BBC, Metro and others is the fact that one of the witnesses to the incident said the following:

“The man who did it walked off, went around onto the main road and was waving a knife around”. Sound familiar? Of course it does. But more than that, another man told the Evening Standard‘s video team: “A couple of people said he was shouting about that Lee Rigby’s birthday or something like that”.

But that detail seems to have been left out of the media record of the incident, and since Mr Orhon has now been to court, the police consider the matter sub judice and therefore won’t discuss it.

What we know however, is that four women, aged 53, 62, 67 and 71, were left injured following a stabbing on a South London street just a few days short of the anniversary of Lee Rigby’s death.

And we also know that Mr Orhon had been released from police custody just hours before his latest attack. According to one local paper, he had been arrested in a different borough the day before for being in possession of a knife and assaulting a police officer. But the police released him to attack again less 24 hours later.

A woman working at the nearby Hampton Pub said Mr Orhon “appeared to be out of it” and was targeting women in the “completely unprovoked” attack. “He only went for the women,” she said, adding: “The man ran through and started attacking them. It didn’t seem like they knew him, it was completely unprovoked.

“If it had been ten or 20 minutes earlier there would have been children there because it’s right outside a primary school.”

Cases like that of Mr Orhon rarely get much media, and we will probably never really know the man’s motives. What we do know however from speaking to locals is that the last shocking murders they remember were those perpetrated by Levi Bellfield.

Mr. Bellfield, now serving three life sentences at HM Prison Frankland, was convicted of murdering three women including 13-year-old Milly Dowler.

He now goes by the name of Yusuf Rahim, having converted during his time at HM Prison Wakefield.

Follow Raheem Kassam on Twitter

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join