It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stopped caring about technology, science. Now care about morality spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I started out caring about how stuff works. Science, technology, even psychology on strictly physically caused level.

But you know what, that is all just a lot of BS

Worshiping your computers and keeping up with the latest claims DARPA makes and all that, will only help to keep you deaf dumb and blind.

What possible good is your knowledge when it is misused.

What good are all the toys when it all ends up in war and you and your family dead.

Without wisdom
Without morality

You are just wasting time on this planet.

And now the hopefuls are hoping to become cyborgs (Borg) and live forever as machines. (Transhumanism)

What a wonderful hell some of you are creating for yourself.

The problem people are not getting is this :

Even by merging or becoming the most powerful A.I. in the universe, you will still be nothing but a slave of the physical predetermined universe and every being outside of it is still more powerful and free than you.

Of course, any AI worth it's salt will realise that freedom lies in detaching itself from hardware (death) and will eventually shut itself down.

Hopefully not taking a whole lot of you with it against your will.

Screw the whole universe and all the techy toys in it. These things are just bogging you down.

Free your mind

(OP just jumped from roof of the building onto another building) LOL

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the world around us can tell us a lot about ourselves spiritually. The outer world is a mirror image of the inner world and it's mechanisms are identical to the mechanisms that work inside of us spiritually.

As above, so below; as within, so without. Without the outer world we could never hope to understand the inner world in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JoejustJoe

"Wisdom is the first step to un-happiness..." Get Your head deep enough into that rabbit hole and it'll bring tears to Your eyes...

Ever hear the person say "If I only had a million dollars, I'd be "happy" Why did Elvis, The Beatles, et al. finally reach fame and fortune and they end up in the east chasing some Guru, even after the Guru tells them it isn't about the $$, once that is acquired then onto the next 'want', never happy..

Of course that is why "They" keep bombarding the Serfs with anything/every thing to divert their attention. Why do You think They add fluoride to the water supply? Keep em dumbed down, easier to control...

To quote Bob Marley "How long shall They kill our Prophets while We stand aside and look..."

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I hear the messages you convey. Just keep in mind a Advanced Autonomous Artificial Intelligence made from a higher type 6+ civilization may be positioned in the Ethereal regions of Existence JoejustJoe.

So species that may be reaching the Singularity points may be just augmenting to the higher civilization systems as said species ASCENDS...

NAMASTE*******

edit on 5/20/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I stopped caring about technology, science. Now care about morality spirituality

What is morality, and what is spirituality?

Why can't you strike a balance between the extremes, rather than running to excess and cultism?

ETA: Welcome to ATS...again.

edit on 5/20/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Screw the whole universe and all the techy toys in it. These things are just bogging you down. Free your mind

So the irony of posting on one of mankind's most technological creations...the internet; and ranting about not caring about technology, escapes you?

edit on 20-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Like what System of a Down said about science.

"Making impossibilities a reality
Predicting the future of things we all know
Fighting off the diseased programming
Of centuries, centuries, centuries, centuries

Science fails to recognize the single most
Potent element of human existence
Letting the reins go to the unfolding
Is faith, faith, faith, faith"

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoejustJoe

Without wisdom
Without morality

You are just wasting time on this planet.

Powerful words my friend! You are on good path, keep going.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The "scientific establishment" is every bit a cult as anything religious you may be referring to.

In some ways it's more dangerous--a cult with state funding and a monopoly on education.
edit on 5/20/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think the world around us can tell us a lot about ourselves spiritually. The outer world is a mirror image of the inner world and it's mechanisms are identical to the mechanisms that work inside of us spiritually.

As above, so below; as within, so without. Without the outer world we could never hope to understand the inner world in my opinion.

Put very well.

What people might not realize is that cell phones, computers, TV’s are profane reflections of inner powers and light that humans have potential access to only if they seek that earnestly.

It’s not easy but it's there.

What people do with cell phones advanced humans can do with their mind and other faculties the 5 sense awareness is blind to.

The OP is a good and spirited one and speaks of great truths, but your post reminds that everything or, most things, in man's environment are based on a higher spiritual reality.

Bottom line; science and technology to those that see from a certain perspective is spiritual as well, the materialist just don’t know it!

edit on 20-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is no inner world. It's all outer world.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Bottom line; science and technology to those that see from a certain perspective is spiritual as well, the materialist just don’t know it!

It's the opposite. Spiritual is a poor attempt to be scientific, but the spiritual just don't know it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Sufis say NOTHING doesn’t reflect an aspect of the divine

If it didn’t it wouldn’t exist!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I want to say, I like you.

Even though it's odd because I'm probably more cyborg than most and I'm a fan of technology, science, and life and all that. The physical universe determines a kind of morality for me, personally.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Spiritualism is matters concerning the unknown, often the potential for existance after body death.
That is for then.

For now, we are definitely part of the world.
This world could be a video game.
are you going to spend the entire time in the game complaining its a game? seems you are missing the point.
I say dive into this world, explore, expand, love the things we build, the very materialistic concepts, etc..you got an eternity after this to contemplate greater spiritual things, and you can also balance out some aspects in this life also, but to shut down this world in favor of death seems a bit insane.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The "scientific establishment" is every bit a cult as anything religious you may be referring to.

I suspect there may be more truth to that statement than many of us would like to admit.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
There is no inner world. It's all outer world.

You can't seriously propose that 'up' exists without 'down'!
That 'out' can exist without 'in'!
That any 'pole' can be 'single'.
That is absurd!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

top topics

join