It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: 157 Pregnant Women In The U.S. Have Tested Positive for Zika

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am more concerned about the people pushing this disease than I am of the virus.

Me, too.

BUT....regardless of what Zika is really all about, the U.S. is about to be thrown into a panic this summer -- especially after the Rio Olympics.

Since that is a nice period of time leading up the November election, I can't help but raise my eyebrow at it all.

A crisis is never wasted in U.S. politics. In fact, I tend to think some are probably created for political purposes.

edit on 20-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In the late 1960's and early 70's, mosquito borne disease was nearly eliminated in the world, thanks to DDT.
Then along comes the newly formed EPA. The first head of the EPA supposedly had said "If we can ban DDT, we can ban anything."

Now Malaria has made a come back and this Zika virus is supposedly running rampant. What would have happened if they wouldn't have banned DDT?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I live in America, in the woods, in a subtropical area, and I have a fairly large pond in my backyard, and yes, I fear the people pushing the vaccines more than I fear Zika, Dengue, Malaria, Ebola, and any other mosquito born disease.

I have better odds getting sick from a vaccine than I do of contracting any of those diseases, which in all of my more than a few short years on this earth, I have never had, nor has anyone I know ever had.

I do know a lot more than 180 people that have had rashes, conjunctivitis and joint pain. I too have had more than a few rashes, and conjunctivitis a couple of times in my life. Joint pain is my companion. None of these I think warrant the need for a mandatory vaccine. I have been sick from vaccines. I even lost the use of my left arm for six weeks after receiving a tetanus shot. After that, no more vaccines for me.

Maybe if I was pregnant I would feel differently, but that ship has long sailed. To each his own. I believe everyone should have a a choice about what they consume, or place in the body, or remove from their body; as far as that goes. I just don’t believe the hype.

That is just me. Call me a uninformed, silly old lady. I have been called much worse.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I believe everyone should have a a choice about what they consume, or place in the body, or remove from their body; as far as that goes.

Ok.
I guess you won't be getting vaccinated if and when a vaccine for zika is developed.
edit on 5/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I believe everyone should have a a choice about what they consume, or place in the body, or remove from their body; as far as that goes.

Ok.
I guess you won't be getting vaccinated if and when a vaccine for zika is developed.

I wouldn't get vaccinated if a vaccine for Ebola was developed, was free, and delivered to my front door, and it is a lot scarier than Zika.

All I am saying is that we need to be more careful about what we believe when the primary goal is profit. Everything they say you have to have, and is good for you; isn't. We don't need a vaccine for every condition you can find listed in a Merck manual.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Right now, CDC officials say they have no evidence that anyone has gotten Zika from being bitten by a mosquito in the continental United States.

In the OP link.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Right now, CDC officials say they have no evidence that anyone has gotten Zika from being bitten by a mosquito in the continental United States.

In the OP link.

Yes, it is in the OP link. I don't think anyone is confused about this fact, so I am not sure why it's been called out twice in this thread.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I pointed it out because the OP didn't and because the thread title could be taken as an indication that the women had contracted the disease in this country.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah. The OP's link had that info though. I usually try to give people credit for being able to read and comprehend as well as me. Even if they can't, I'd feel like a pompous a-hole for pointing out the apparent to them like they missed it or something.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Boy Zika sure gets around, impregnating women all over the place. Sounds like a guy I used to know.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I still don't believe the Zika virus is causing birth deformities. I would be very concerned with pesticides being sprayed on pregnant women though.

Any side effects resulting from that could of course be just blamed on Zika anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join