It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O god I think Trumps growing on me....HELP!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But just like any campaign, all the rosy promises are going to disappear when the reality of what a POTUS can and cannot do becomes clear to him.

I think most Americans know that many of the promises the Presidential candidates make during their campaign, will never see the light of day.

We just need something to believe for the few seconds it takes to cast our vote. We need to believe we can really make a difference, and that this time it will be different. This time we are going to see a miracle.

Then we go home and watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

Broken Campaign Promises: A History: Photos
edit on 20-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: My mobile is not ATS friendly.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

we are in the same boat, little ewok.

I can't stand him. But i can't help but feel that my cynicism drives most of my feelings on the matter.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It appears that you, like many others, are slowly waking up to see what is really going on, and to see through the haze of misinformation created by the MSM and false narratives pushed by the insiders in our political system.

Welcome to the bright side!

Keep your eyes open and your mind alert!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What are you even holding onto with Trump? Just about everything he has ever said has been countered by his own opposite stances. I have no idea how people trust this dude. It all reeks of desperation, manifesting itself in the worst way.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

It all reeks of desperation, manifesting itself in the worst way.

This is an interesting take on it.
I don't see any sign of Donald being desperate - he literally has nothing to lose, no matter what happens. This may have all been a flight of fancy, or a strange experiment, but really? If he just has to go home, it won't faze him a bit.
He's not "desperate", not by any means.

Why would he be?

He strikes me as being in the ultimate position to just say "meh. Okay, this was fun...now - what shall I do next?"
Truly, for people like him (although I'm not sure there are any other people quite like him) the world is his oyster. Nothing can conquer him except disease or an untimely death.

That's one of his appealing draws, I think. It really doesn't matter to him. He will still be Donald J Trump long after this election and the next 4 or 8 years are gone.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am not a Trump supporter but I think I understand why so many people do support him. I also think there are a lot of people that are not as much pro Trump as they are anti Hillary.

A lot of Americans are fed up with the present government and they don't feel they have much to lose with going with anyone that doesn't already call the Hill home.

They know there is no way out of the pit we are in by digging deeper. They are taking a chance on trying a different direction. Many feel, and they may be right, that any direction is better than the bottom of the bottom.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

To be honest thats pretty much how i see him......better than the alternative......

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

And he speaks to much from emotion sometimes and needs to think before he speaks.

His response to missing flight 804 is telling...

EgyptAir flight 804 has yet to be found -- nor has a reason for its disappearance been released -- but Donald Trump is convinced he knows why the Cairo-bound aircraft went missing this morning.

"A plane got blown out of the sky," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said at a fundraiser in Lawrenceville, N.J., tonight. "And if anything, if anybody thinks it wasn’t blown out of the sky, you are 100 percent wrong, folks. OK? You're 100 percent wrong."

Link

Deny ignorance Donald, because as president you'll not be allowed to make such quick assumptions. And his stance on our military makes him a developing warmonger just looking for a cause. If it's unavoidable, then may our future wars be swift and justified.

Well, everything is pointing in the direction of "A plane got blown out of the sky". Don't underestimate Trumps intelligence, or his access to inside knowledge. Many have made that mistake before.

soulwaxer

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

He is a phenomenon.
He's as filthy rich as the 1% elite. But. He's not one of them. He employs people in his companies which also bring money into the local communities.
He can claim he'll do the wall, or open libel laws so he can sue more etc etc. But. Any attempt to do the the more crazy things he says will have to be passed as law through congress. So, i wouldn't worry too much about his bad ideas.
I have a similar thread. And was really hoping it would change my view. It hasn't.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe
Through my life adventures I have had the opportunity to be acquainted with a few wealthy people. I learned a lot from the time I spent with them; enough to know that crap is still crap, even if it is transported in Louis Vuitton or Valextra.

The wealthy have their own set of concerns. They have their own class system, and just being wealthy doesn't guarantee you a seat at the table. The Nouveau Riche under some circumstances aren't any more likely to be treated any better than the Middle Class, and in some cases worse.

Being wealthy isn't always about the amount of money a person has.

edit on 20-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: word correction

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My point was that he does do some good with his money. And, real, normal working people and communities benefit from it.
Personally. I would have wealth caps and earnings caps and share the wealth back.
But. We only have the system we have now.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Perhaps I should've been more clear. That statement of mine...

It all reeks of desperation, manifesting itself in the worst way.

...was not about Trump, but of those that follow him. It doesn't surprise me that he has followers either. This country is full of knee-jerk angry people who will grab onto anything when they feel like they are falling (whether they are actually falling or whether media hype has convinced them as such is a different story).

When you've got a candidate who has said everything from every side of every issue then there are plenty of people who will cherrypick what they want to hear (people are used to doing it with religion & politics already anyway). And even in the face of watching him now backing off on those key campaign touchpoints that first drew people in, the blinders are being given a fresh coat of paint and excuses are continuously made.

It really doesn't matter to him. He will still be Donald J Trump long after this election and the next 4 or 8 years are gone.

I think to anyone that values the incredible responsibility, the fact that "it doesn't matter to him" should be a very scary sentiment. But I do believe it matters to him, but for all the wrong reasons... mostly ego related.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think he slowly starting to grow on me.

I cant stand the man I really cant. I think him repulsive. And I still can’t shake the idea he is controlled opposition and Clinton puppet.
Though the way the media and all the establishment are attacking him in having doubts on that too.

But if he is the real deal then in his own way he does seem to make sense.

He is the only one willing call out REAL issues and willing to discuss real problems.

Ok he needs to think some of his ideas through better. Right now some of his ideas are a little half-baked and need refining. And he speaks to much from emotion sometimes and needs to think before he speaks. Maybe problems that could be overcome with a good cabinet of advisors?

Politian’s either in the USA and here in the UK refuse to tackle problems head on. They just dither around them or ignore them in the name of politician’s correctness and globalisation

and yet, he hasn't "discussed" any of the problems....he's parroted catchy phrases and slogans that make the ultra-right turgid....and he has backed off about his "solutions" and they now are just "suggestions".....yeah right, he's an intellectual giant.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm not buying into what appears to be a similar capacity as Steve Jobs to distort reality around him.

I like that he's got a record of sticking to his ideas, it shows he's actually got character, but I think he's terribly ignorant, a bit of an idiot, and not in the least a person worthy of the Oval Office.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think to anyone that values the incredible responsibility, the fact that "it doesn't matter to him" should be a very scary sentiment. But I do believe it matters to him, but for all the wrong reasons... mostly ego related.

I think you are exactly right!!!

It matters to him, but not enough that he'll go home and cry.

Same with Hillary - she might cry, but really - is she going to be worse off? No.

For Bernie - well, he can just go back to his normal life, too - but at least he KNOWS that he made a difference. He stood his ground. He got millions of people engaged in the debate.....and still has a chance of winning, actually.

Trump would suffice if the only other alternative is more of the same (Clinton - taking up the sluggish Obama doctrine....or Cruz, rolling the boulder uphill righteously)....

The only people left standing who the masses can get behind and still snub the "status quo" - Bernie, and Donald.

I'm just extremely intrigued, and feel very lucky to be alive right now. This is as big as the French Revolution, The Enlightenment, The Constitution and subsequent Bill of Rights ------

it's all been tucked in the janitor's closet for too long. I'm literally doing deep-cleaning, home improvement, and spring clutter clearance right now in my real life.

It's time the whole nation got on board with doing that at every level.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I still can’t shake the idea he is controlled opposition and Clinton puppet.
Though the way the media and all the establishment are attacking him in having doubts on that too.

I know that feel

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

His top advisers have admitted that was just 'tough talk'.

I think he's brighter than he's given credit. I've been suspicious that his build the wall rhetoric was actually just pushing for something extreme so when he tones it down it seems like he's made a concession.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Crazyewok, just relax and go with the flow. Trump's plans will come into clearer focus as we get closer to November, just like Obama's did. You'll be GLAD you did!
-cwm

Jesus Christ, this sounds like a cult, lol.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Next time have the common decency to put a warning up before posting something like this!

I ended up having to clean coffee sprayed over the screen and keyboard.....

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ive thought the same about a couple of politicians over the years, he is just a politician, seems like a fairly honest one to me, not entirely, after a few months he will fade out like the ones before him that led a good fight and people will be left with tattoos they are ashamed of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join