It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way to break the "Two party" system...so simple!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

There's no solution to that and we all know it. Them's whats got the money calls the shots. Its always been that way.
The "Parties" are just a distraction; the whole thing is a manufactured media circus of stupid.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How is this for naivety? Firstly you must limit the time a politician can serve, I would suggest two terms only, with the proviso that when they leave they take up NO post with any industrial company.
If it is proven that they have had any incentive from any industry (before, during or after their terms)their pensions taken away and proceedings taken against them.
Make lobbying, from industries or anybody not with the peoples good at heart, illegal and any politician who has shown that they have made decisions because of lobbying rejected immediately with no pay off.
Make it far easier for people to vote off their politician if they are not doing what the majority of their constituants want,ie. if they are proved not to be doing what they were elected to do they should be ousted immediately with no pay off.
How's that for a start?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Great idea but there is a small problem TPTB ....

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
The first 2 paragraphs are non-starters.

Firstly you must limit the time a politician can serve, I would suggest two terms only,

It will take new constitutional amendments in all 50 States and at the federal level to force all of those term limits on all of those elected positions. It literally took the 22nd Amendment to stop US Presidents from being elected more than twice, because FDR was elected 4 times lol. But who do you think will be the people writing those constitutional amendments? The very same politicians you're trying to force out of office!

Also, isn't that actually undemocratic? If the people like their leader, why should they be forced to pick new, unproven ones? Not to mention, some positions only last 2 years, while others last 6 years. That's hardly fair, unless the politicians simply jump from one position to another.

with the proviso that when they leave they take up NO post with any industrial company.

How are they supposed to work after they're out of office? Wouldn't this provision actually force them to find longer lasting government positions if they prefer that specific field? As in, a person went to college for a subject, got a job in that field, got elected or appointed to a govt position because of their experience in that field, and now can no longer work in that field after their short terms are finished. Wouldn't they simply choose bureaucratic positions that have no terms or term limits instead of the term-limited elected positions?

If it is proven that they have had any incentive from any industry (before, during or after their terms)their pensions taken away and proceedings taken against them.

How would this work? Every citizen can have investments. How can you legally prohibit legal citizens from having any investments? And would this extend to their spouses, family members and close friends? Because those would create the same conflicts of interest. Ironically, this sounds almost like a communist government's restrictions on private property. Not to mention that different retirement funds and pensions also invest in different stocks, bonds, commodities, and assets. So they'd still have personal interests in those sectors doing well, even if indirectly.

In other words, there will always be conflicts of interest, especially when dealing with people who have a lot of status or assets. The goal is to minimize those conflicts of interests and their effects on the rest of society. Besides, the only people who won't have personal connections to industries and powerbrokers are poor people. But those people would be the ones hurt the most by your 2nd suggestion of not being able to get a job in any industry.

Unless the goal is to have a mandatory draft that randomly selects citizens for "politician duty". The selected citizens are then forced to serve their mandatory term(s) in a field they have no experience in, no connections with, and no desire to work in once their term is finished. Because that's the only way I see these suggestions happening in practice.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Art cannot result in failure....
. Art as a passion combined with a pragmatic 'capitalist' goal? That's a different story...LOL
The list you would join would be long and distinguished.

As far as me and ATS, I think it was a google link on the subject of F-22s that turned me onto ATS. After that, more a lack of good conversation/communication in the general day to day goings on.

The sheer variety of subjects and a genuine curiosity of others opinions, helped.

I've stayed away from it from time to time for a week or two in sheer frustration. Now? It's as much entertainment than anything else....ok, I admit a certain pleasure in a good argument, now and again....especially if I consider that I won it....

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Great idea but there is a small problem TPTB ....

Sure, not so small a problem....LOL. Still, last time I checked, they don't control us talking amongst ourselves or who I vote for.

Even the money side of it. 10-20 bucks donated to a candidate of our choice goes a long way to evening up the ledger sheets when 100 million people or so is factored in.

No, not easy, just not impossible either.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The parties themselves are not the problem. The oligarchy controlling them through bribery is. The citizens of this country should demand changes to campaign finance laws to prevent the oligarchs from buying all of the candidates in an election. Campaigns should be shortened as well. Then laws should be enacted that bring huge penalties and long sentences for any type of bribery. The public officials that are caught selling influence should spend decades in prison. Personally, I would go so far as to say that it deserves the death penalty for both the briber and the bribee.

Getting the corruption out of politics is the only way we will ever have good government that is responsive to the needs of the common citizen.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Why should we have parties at all?

Because officially sharing a common platform with several other people who cast votes gives you the ability to get your legislation through more often, or successfully oppose legislation you don't like. Parties are impossible to avoid in any system where people vote.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are too many people who are, and have been raised to be loyal to their political party as though it was their religion. It all too often becomes a part of how they identify themselves; I am a Republican, Democract etc. Then there is a large base that stays loyal to their party, not so much because they agree with it, but that they dislike the opposition so much that they are afraid if they don't stay loyal then the opposition will seize power. The mere reality that we are going to have either Clinton or Trump as our next president just shows how stupid and entrapped people are to this two party system. Third parties don't even get invited to the debate stage. Out of 300+ million these two are the best we can do to lead our nation? These are the best the two party system can produce? What a farce. Nothing will change until the majority of Americans wake up and quit being sheep. But the sad reality is, that people are stupid. As many neat things we as a species can produce, we are a stupid species. Things are functioning just as TPTB what it too. They are winning and have been winning for centuries.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What 2 party system?

We live under a corporate Oligarchy that controls both parties; ruled by the neocons that have no allegiances to anything except greed and the Gods of Profit.

This!

I would think at ATS there would be more of this being accepted as truth, but it isn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

originally posted by: olaru12

What 2 party system?

We live under a corporate Oligarchy that controls both parties; ruled by the neocons that have no allegiances to anything except greed and the Gods of Profit.

This!

I would think at ATS there would be more of this being accepted as truth, but it isn't.

I'm truly astonished at the Trump, GOP, Right wing, cult that has almost taken over ATS. The view of Trump as the Savior of America gives me the creeps.

I'm glad I don't have any kids to watch this BS.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Half the nation's only vested interest in politics is the complaining part. They neither vote nor participate in the process in any other ways. They are disgruntled, but they won't bother to vote regardless.

"I'm not happy about (insert random political happening of the day) and I'm going to complain and maybe even protest, but I won't vote come election time!" - Typical voting eligible American.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Half the nation's only vested interest in politics is the complaining part. They neither vote nor participate in the process in any other ways. They are disgruntled, but they won't bother to vote regardless.

"I'm not happy about (insert random political happening of the day) and I'm going to complain and maybe even protest, but I won't vote come election time!" - Typical voting eligible American.

Be grateful 50% don't vote. It is the brilliance of the American system. The process of self-disqualification....
Thank goodness for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join