It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Contact.............

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

OR

The government slowly reveals it through first ET microbes, then other small lifeforms, ET plants, etc. Then, they move on to discover ET creature fossils, etc. finally leading up to evidence of other sentients out there. This seems to be the current gameplan...but if, for some reason, the cat gets out of the bag (like an unimpeachable insider, etc.), we're likely to see a massive campaign to educate the public quickly on most of what we know up to now.

This is pretty much what I see happenning. The Government knows that we cant handle this info at this time. The little halloween spoof here on ATS was proof of that. The fear of the unknown plays into the governments deception every time. The only way we can have full disclosure is to ensure that we as a planet of humans, are educated first about whats out there. We only feel comfortable with what we know. I think the internet is playing a big role in this. The internet is used by many people as a sort of intermediate educational tool for gaining knowledge about what mainstream doesnt cover. Only in the last 50 or so years have UFO's really penitrated our lives to such an extent that it is hard to go more than a day without seeing one single referance to them. Wether its in a movie, or a commercial, or any other myriad of media we consume. This media saturation didnt really start occouring untill the birth of the internet. Yes, there were sightings, and reports and the like, but there was not really a way to spread the ideas to many people who had not considered the idea before. WWW.com changed all that. The exposure that the internet has brought to UFO's and ET has brought the idea to the minds of just about every person in the world now. Which is something else to consider. Our government isnt probably just planning for disclosure for the USA, but if they ARE planning full disclosure, it would have to be with the entire world in mind. Thats a lot of logistics.

We as a people have to have time to get use to the idea that we are not alone before we can be told its true. Unfortunatly, its our most prevalant human flaw:Vanity, that keeps us from truly understanding.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The government slowly reveals it through first ET microbes, then other small lifeforms, ET plants, etc. Then, they move on to discover ET creature fossils, etc. finally leading up to evidence of other sentients out there. This seems to be the current gameplan...but if, for some reason, the cat gets out of the bag (like an unimpeachable insider, etc.), we're likely to see a massive campaign to educate the public quickly on most of what we know up to now.

Great thought Gazrok

If you put all news together:
Recent article in Space.com - covered in this thread, than some strange objects in
pictures from mars
questionable, but intryquing stories from India Daily and
Iran and UFO problems
Of course there is many more hints and clues - so it is possible to come to this conclusion

I'm curious what will be next - any hints???

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This will probably sound really naive to you guys, but i just cannot see why society wouldnt be able to handle the knowledge that aliens exist, or are indeed already here at earth. Surely after a few months people would begin to accept the idea, i cant comprehend people running riot in the streets upturning cars because thier religion doesnt corrolate with aliens existance. Why dont (if aliens are already here) they just land say hi then dissapear for a bit for us to get used to it. I for one wouldnt start robbing stores or starting fires. Ive heard some people say the goverment and hollywood are trying to desensitize us to aliens through films and tv, why do it that way?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Links?

Sources?

Evidence?

Proof?

Anything?

No?

Nothing?

Nothing at all?

All right next theory please.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by shorty]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If i had a nickle for everytime somebody claimed they knew the truth about who the greys are,i`d have a billion.Im not sure i can believe anymore.Theres just too many claims.One pure example as that ``reptillian invading earth``topic,the other was ``aliens are our creators``,and most of the others discribe them as coming fromt he far reaches of our galaxy,or andromada to monitor us.Who am i to believe?why do people bother anymore?If i knew the truth to the greys,i dont think i`d bother to release this information because i`d have toomuch fakes claiming the same thing.

I mean dont get me wrong,i enjoy reading these topics about the greys and what people believe,but it just seems theres no solid truth anymore.These people claiming to know information about the greys and releasing them on the internet are making the truth more and more unknown,or confusing to us.Their doing the government work.Their not bringing out the truth,or atleast something that sounds realistic enough an has abit of significant proof,all they are doing is mixing the truth with a sea of lies where its hard to figure out.

I believe in the greys,and also abductions,but it just seems to be toomuch claims over the greys.Too much.I dont know about many in this forum but iv had it with these fakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It seems to be illogical for the aliens to be hostile. Since the 50's, definitely before that, but since it became popular to look for aliens (Roswell) all they have done was come to Earth and studied us. They've obviously mastered interstellar travel, so I imagine they could've invaded us a long time ago and destroyed us, or whatever tey wanted to do. To add on top of that, why? Why would the inventors of velcro (heh heh) want to destroy a non threatening planet?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hotrod4567
all they have done was come to Earth and studied us.

They've obviously mastered interstellar travel=

The idea that they are jsut studying us does not stand up to close examination. If they wanted to study us they could have monitered our radio signals ect... Or could ahve simply visited for a few years maybe as long as a ten year span and yet the E.T would appear to of been here for at least fifty years. At the longest humans first evolved on the Earth.

Also, it is possible that they have not mastered intersteller travel. Instead they use wormhole theory or time travel to reach Earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This will probably sound really naive to you guys, but i just cannot see why society wouldnt be able to handle the knowledge that aliens exist, or are indeed already here at earth.

Think of it this way...

Imagine a tribe in the middle of nowhere, technologically backward, no electricity, running water, etc. like an Amazon tribe or something.

Now, they then find proof of others, with devices beyond their imagination, boxes with moving pictures, cameras, computers, microwaves, etc.

How much do you think that this contact will change their culture? Will the youth then hunger for an abandoning of the old ways? How long will the culture survive if it continues to contact the rest of "civilization"? What happens when they discover guns? Will they then go to war with the one tribe that always bested them before?

Now...we look at a backwards little planet, cut off from the galactic society, who is then introduced to advanced peoples with wondrous devices, etc.

I think you see where I'm going with this....

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Star Trek is a great series of movies. Problably preparing the world for different thoughts about other lifeforms.

They will show themselves when we are ready or maybe not when we are not ready( Revelations).

It depends on all of their adgenda.

I do believe that others are keeping others in check. Like star trek.

Loved this movie from the late 60's.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I see what you are saying Gazrock but as a species by now we are aware we dont have all the answers and we know our technology will continue to evolve into more 'wonderous' things. Because of this I dont think we would be like a tribe given guns. I think we can assume wed be more careful, for example nuclear weapons, everyone makes a fuss about them, but only once has one been used (for war) that we know of, and after that mess none have been used since.

Anyhow, my early post wasnt actually saying we should share technology (i dont think wed understand it anyway). I just meant their 'introduction' to earth in my opinion wouldnt cause mass panic or complete stupidity from us (violence etc). Having said that if a craft lands and some reptiles run out and start eating people in the street there could be panic then i suppose lol...what do you tihnk?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sorry Gazroc spelt ya name wrong before!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Think of it this way...

Imagine a tribe in the middle of nowhere, technologically backward, no electricity, running water, etc. like an Amazon tribe or something.

Now, they then find proof of others, with devices beyond their imagination, boxes with moving pictures, cameras, computers, microwaves, etc.

How much do you think that this contact will change their culture? Will the youth then hunger for an abandoning of the old ways? How long will the culture survive if it continues to contact the rest of "civilization"? What happens when they discover guns? Will they then go to war with the one tribe that always bested them before?

Now...we look at a backwards little planet, cut off from the galactic society, who is then introduced to advanced peoples with wondrous devices, etc.

I think you see where I'm going with this....

But, the difference is the "Amazon" tribe would not have been looking for ways to advance technology wise. And they also would not have been actively searching for life outside thier own tribe either. Our society, on the other hand, is doing both with extreme passion.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thats what i meant to say. We already know our tech can get better. The amazon dudes didnt pluss they havent see the destruction of tech use wrong like us (numes) so they have yet to learn from their mistakes, unlike our modern society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join