It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the Donald Trump exam question that got a Florida teacher suspended

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Communism is slavery with literal shackles.
Capitalism is slavery with metaphorical shackles.
They're both awful as far as I'm concerned.

As I said, you can certainly call it evil. Just don't try to imply that it's anything more than a subjective opinion held by a human, because then you would be wrong.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Profusion

Two quick things....

1) I really wish people would stop referencing that damned movie. It was an ok flick, but not the classic people make it out to be (in my opinion).

2) On a personal level, stories like this one have a silver lining in that it makes me feel a lot better about the tuition of our son's private school.

To me Idiocracy (2006) is a classic, not because it was all that great when it came out, but because of how prophetic it is turning out to be. It was a ridiculously stupid movie. Though it was only ten years ago and seemed so far fetched we are now witnessing reality to be just as twisted and insane as the movie.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
personally, I think the teacher should have been terminated just for her language. if that wasn't enough, then for having a test question so stupid, which neither teaches the kids a things or tests them on what they should be learning.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A teacher to a student is basically a boss to an employee. They should voice no political opinion, sexual suggestion, etc. They are the person in charge of the child and they should teach facts only. As soon as a figure in power starts preaching anything, it is forcing the student to believe their opinion is fact. It isn't

The teacher should be fired, never teach again and lose any pension, etc. This individual who we put trust in to teach our children facts...instead decided to use their power to influence.

And that goes for religion, politics, etc. and applies regardless of the person's political views...right, left or otherwise.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Would you say the same if he said something you agree with?
Like if he said that if Hiliary were to get elected we are all screwed?

Funny how some of the free speech guys that are always crying on these boards are silent when it comes to this.
I agree he shouldn't have done it, but just get confused when it is and isn't ok to call for peoples jobs for what they say.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care that the teacher did it.

In fact, I've been one of the few that said that the teacher shouldn't have been punished.

There are too many that want to punish people for speech.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This isn't free speech though, it's a test question, of which among the four or whatever answers one should have been the correct answer. only the answer to the question would be different according to individual opinions and not facts. teachers are there to teach facts, not impress their opinions onto their students as if they are facts.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Boo freakin' hoo.

So the teacher did something.

When did we get so effing thin-skinned that we collectively piss ourselves when someone says something that we don't agree with?

OMG! IT WAS A TEST QUESTION!

wah.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

it's a question on a test, how many other questions on this test were this stupid? you get grades on tests, which are put onto a report card and brought home to your parents, some of whom are insane enough to think that your life will be ruined if you don't get straight A's. So, should we tolerate kids getting grounded because of stupid questions like this are on tests and their opinions just don't jive with the teachers? I ain't crapping myself over it, but I am saying that it was wrong for the teacher to have such a stupid question on her test.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm glad my kid's school hasn't attempted something stupid like this, or they would suffer serious reprisal. Teachers inserting their own stupid political opinions into their curriculum is really asking for a beating.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Another question prompts students about courtroom procedure, asking what to do during an opening statement. The options are:

A. Wink at the Judge

B. find the hottest person on the Jury and focus your words on them

C. Speak to them as if they are cordial friends.

D. Treat them like the MORONS they are.

In a letter sent to Leigh, Principal Cheryl McKeever says the tests contain “inaccurate content, irrelevant material, unprofessional use of language, inappropriate use of language.”

In addition to the Trump and opening statement questions, Leigh’s exams also include a question about the Corey Jones shooting.

postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com...

he's treating his studens like morons also!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The wealthiest and most powerful people in the world never wanted the masses to be well-educated. These people simply acquiesced to appease the hordes of unwashed masses by appearing to "allow" public education of THEIR choosing.

We only learn what THEY want us to learn.

A properly educated public is a danger to the power structures of the wealthy.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yes Cowboy, I did notice that. This post was not aimed at you.

He wasn't really punished for the test per-se, I mean the school wasn't happy about it but he was already on his way out. This was just his last hoorah on his way out I think.

I also would say that when you are a teacher you don't have the right to say anything and everything you want, and that isn't you being silenced, it is something you agree to when you take the job.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is another side of this story though. There seems that there was a conflict between this teacher along with others and the school that they've been in court over.

In the motion he filed last week, Leigh said that the teachers losing their jobs include ones who reported that they were forced by an assistant principal to change grades, reported paraprofessionals for abusing special-needs children, or who merely “have been seen speaking with those teachers” who have.

extracredit.blog.palmbeachpost.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Would you say the same if he said something you agree with?
Like if he said that if Hiliary were to get elected we are all screwed?

Funny how some of the free speech guys that are always crying on these boards are silent when it comes to this.
I agree he shouldn't have done it, but just get confused when it is and isn't ok to call for peoples jobs for what they say.

Yes...same thing. I even said that at the end of my post. I'll state it from my side if that helps you understand. No teacher should preach the greatness of the Republican party, bitch about the Democrats, etc. and visa-versa. All facts...no personal opinions.

They are hired to teach what is written...not what they believe. They are not there to be "themselves"...they are there to do as they are told and teach what has been approved by the people via the state. Nothing more...nothing less.

Clear now?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah...one more thing. For any idiot who thinks there is nothing wrong with a teacher stating their opinion...consider this. What if those teaching your children decided to tout specific product brands. Coke is great...Pepsi sucks. Ford is awesome...Chevy is crap, etc. Or Jews are cool...Catholics are assholes. How about this one..."Really Johnny? Your Father has a gun at home. He must not care about your safety" or "Really Jane, Your Mother takes welfare. I guess she is a lazy bitch that feeds off the working people".

No opinions...just facts.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I completely agree unless it's High School where kids should be engaging in political discourse... anyway, surely you see the irony.

The teacher should ask questions and make them think more. Not tell them WHAT to think.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AVtech34

Of course someone like you wouldn't read a whole thread.

So because you eventually backed down from your ridiculous rhetoric later, it means you didn't type what he read?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Why suspend the teacher for this? It's actually kind of funny and Trump set the stage for this with his ridiculous comments. I suppose bringing politics into the classroom is probably a bad idea, unless of course that class is a Political Science class.

Wah Trump started it so now we can do any ridiculous anti-free speech anti American BS we want because we have to stop our self appointed 'bad guy'.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Substracto

If we're going to fire public officials for not being neutral, then we'll have to get rid of every Supreme Court justice, every politician. . . .all!

Are you serious? Supreme Court Justices are there specifically FOR their opinions. Teachers need to shut up and teach.
edit on 24-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join