It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will An International Peace Keeping Force in Israel Help??????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Peace will come to Israel in sheeps clothing made by a wolf.

I'm not sure i'm understanding very well, can you explain much further ? ( sorry english is my third language )

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
if the UN woulda done their job they would fought tooth and nail to stop the US from invading iraq

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
US should veto this in no time.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The UN is a talk shop with little power.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It only depends of the proof US is providing to invade a country.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
They cant even talk properly either, the level of bureaucracy has weighed them down so much that they're now useless.

I say america and the UK stop footing the bill for the UN.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So they should do that after resolving the N.K. crisis.

Whenever US and UK are removing bill they do not have the credibility ( with bush and blair to power ) to handle diplomacy like UN could.

[Edited on 23-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, I do agree that a peace keeping force will contribute to Peace and Stability in the area. The peace keeping forces must consist of countries even small in stature.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Like...uhm.. Bahrain or Peru

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You forgot Sri Lanka, yeah Sri Lanka !

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Or Lesotho, Switzerland and Lithuania!

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Then Canada ?
( i'm kidding, i'm from Canada )

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Isreal can't use it's nukes on UN troops, that is a stupid thing to say, the Isreali's clearly aren't stupid and i doubt would use their nukes first in any situation.
Isreal/Palestine is a problem, and it will always be, Isreal need a change in leadership, Sharon will never bring peace to the Isreali people, the sooner they realise this, the better. Personally i think the Un going in is a great idea, they can act as a buffer between the two people. The killing needs to be stopped and then talking can start, this conflict has been going on long enough, it is time the UN was allowed (without a US veto) to act in Isreal, i hope they move in tomorrow.

Isreal, Pakistan, India - these countries need to be disarmed ASAP, before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You guys are missing the point. We're talking about UN troops here. Not UN backed troops. There is a big difference.

The UN will have to use UN troops - the Bluehats. They won't be able to use any other kind of peacekeeping force there.

The whole point is that the UN can't legally go into a nation with the Bluehats under this sort of situation without being invited in by the host government. It's not in their mandate.

Israel has to invite them in.

I would have thought it logical that the UN Bluehats have always been part of the plan. It's not an idea that would have sprung up over night. I would also have though it logical that the Israelis were informed of this plan. The fact that Anan has publicised UN troop involvement leads me to believe that the Israelis have already accepted the idea.

All of this talk about the Israelis fighting the UN is stupid. They don't have the money to resist sanctions. If the US wants peace it can impose it's will on Israel easily. Without US money the Israelis are left to the mercy of the extremists. It's impossible to fight a war without money. Sure, the Israelis would probably inflict serious damage to their enemies in the beginning of a conflict but without finance, they won't be able to afford to keep fighting.

Nuclear weapons don't even come into the equation. The problems are coming from within their own borders. It's doubtful that their Arab neighbours would do anything blatant that would make them a target.

But all in all a waste of argument. Israel is NOT against the UN. The roadmap is running smoothly as far as the Israelis are concerned. They have the upper hand and have no reason to fear the West or the UN because they are looking for the same end result as we are.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

1) Please read carefully before make me say things I haven't. I haven't said that I was aigainst Israel nor I wanted Israel to be nuked. It's ridiculous.

2) I disagree you. If US stop to maintain Israel then Israel is barely a threat.

3) I'm standing up For Israelians and Not for Israel. Why ? Because if you want an example of an dictatorship that slaughter innocents just take a look at Sharon and his Likoud party.

4) Like if we should nuke a nation. How abject it is. I don't see how muslims dictatorships are a such a threat that the only way to deal with them is to nuke them.

1) Ok Salem, granted. May be I misunderstood your post.

2) I never saw Israel as a threat. At least not for the western nations. I see Israel ( and Isrealians too ) as a nation who has been allways attacked by her " friendly and democratics " neighbours.

3) Go in Arabia ( or any nations from that area, except Israel ), and just try to say or do something against the official government.

4) Wait a minute....Did I say that we had to nuke a muslim nation ? I just wrote " if we have to nuke a nation, it's NOT Israel. But don't worry, I don't want to nuke any nation. It's insane and evil. Nukes are not a military weapon.It's a political weapon used " to help " a possible agressor to keep a low profile and going to the talks peace table.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by Salem

1) Please read carefully before make me say things I haven't. I haven't said that I was aigainst Israel nor I wanted Israel to be nuked. It's ridiculous.

2) I disagree you. If US stop to maintain Israel then Israel is barely a threat.

3) I'm standing up For Israelians and Not for Israel. Why ? Because if you want an example of an dictatorship that slaughter innocents just take a look at Sharon and his Likoud party.

4) Like if we should nuke a nation. How abject it is. I don't see how muslims dictatorships are a such a threat that the only way to deal with them is to nuke them.

1) Ok Salem, granted. May be I misunderstood your post.

2) I never saw Israel as a threat. At least not for the western nations. I see Israel ( and Isrealians too ) as a nation who has been allways attacked by her " friendly and democratics " neighbours.

3) Go in Arabia ( or any nations from that area, except Israel ), and just try to say or do something against the official government.

4) Wait a minute....Did I say that we had to nuke a muslim nation ? I just wrote " if we have to nuke a nation, it's NOT Israel. But don't worry, I don't want to nuke any nation. It's insane and evil. Nukes are not a military weapon.It's a political weapon used " to help " a possible agressor to keep a low profile and going to the talks peace table.

2.Then u should look again, and please do not victimize the jews like lambs, because then u again are in the side of the jews, and not showing understanding for the otherside, specially u UP, that i supose u studied here in europe history, u know what happened to jews in medieval age in EVERY SINGLE country in europe, if not take a book and start reading about your dear jews in the medieval age , even till 1800...

3.Well that happens not just in arabia, but in america if i go now and i am against bush or against the system i get the same, and even better, do u think the people that lives like that enjoys it?
And do u know that israel know has a policy that normally the people would agree with sharon because of the suicide bombs, so we got that almost everyone agrees with Sharon, and who don�t, is the people that is not agreeing with the goverment, who is listening to them? Nobody...
www.jewsagainsttheoccupation.org...

4.Your inconditional support to a massacre like the one sharon is doing means that you wouldn�t mind to nuke those "arabs bads neighbour" or "islamist terrorits", shows once again that u UP, are not seeing the problem in a objective way but in a subjective way...
Do u recognize the power of the jews in the world?
Because if u see them as lambs being attacked from the begining of the time in every single country, and that they have been treated really bad, u should revise A LOT OF HISTORY TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AS WELL...

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
CA. I've got to say it dude.

I don't know wether it's the style of your writing with comments like "your Jews" and the way you justify the actions against the Jewish people but I se your comments as having more to do with your personal dislike against them than bearing any regard to logic.

I have no time for people who believe that the Jews run the world. It's a stupid bloody theory.

If the Jews ran the world, the Middle East problems would have been dealt with long ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
CA. I've got to say it dude.

I don't know wether it's the style of your writing with comments like "your Jews" and the way you justify the actions against the Jewish people but I se your comments as having more to do with your personal dislike against them than bearing any regard to logic.

I have no time for people who believe that the Jews run the world. It's a stupid bloody theory.

If the Jews ran the world, the Middle East problems would have been dealt with long ago.

www.jewsagainsttheoccupation.org...

I wouldn�t suggest a site like that if i was anti jew, i am anti elitists, and it�s very well known about those who are jews and powerful people, even JEWS are AGAINST THEIR GOVERMENT, because they do not allowed a war against people that doesn�t even have an army. OCUPPiNG as they say the palestinian terrain.

And about your thought of "stupid bloody theory", u just have to see how sharon said that they control america, and he even said that they know it...
I hope u know that comment?

Yeah jews are running part of the world not the entire globe, but nobody did go there to help the palestinians, they just see how the israeli army is destroying palestine and nobody moves a finger, is not that enough leveller?

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
No. It's not enough. It's still pure speculation.
All of the facts and the data that I glean from the Middle East points me in a different direction.

The Jews are reviled because they do well in our own societies. We don't like to see that. We still have that age old feeling of racism coarsing through our veins.

The fact that they got where they were by hard work, huge sacrifices and the pressure of others seems to be often overlooked.

Sharon does have the US in his pocket to a degree, but that isn't by any Jewish design. It's the US government who has relied too much on the Jewish vote at home which is responsible for any Israeli arrogance.

It is the US and the UN who have placed the Jews in the situation that they are in now. No-one else. The Jews have just gone with the flow.

I don't see the Jews as instigators. They live in our societies and use the structure that we set up to further themselves and they become successful. That structure can further the rest of us if we only got off our butts and used it. Blaming them for being successful when they are only using the devices that we created for that purpose is useless.

Instead of looking at Israel and blaming the Jews and Arabs, maybe you should look at events in the Middle East and see how they were created by the West and the Soviet Union immediately after the creation of Israel and during the Cold War.
If anyone is to blame - we are.

We made the mess and we will be the ones to sort it out.
The Jews and the Arabs are merely players in this game.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
if the UN or NATO fights isreal it will only win because of sheer numbers. The IAF is compbrable to the Luftwaffe or the USAF. isreal would be a fight make no mistake. not to mention the IDF is also very skilled. Hell the IDF can probally take over the middle east, save saudi arabia, if it wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join