It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will An International Peace Keeping Force in Israel Help??????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
There is talk in international circles of doing just that. What are your opinions on this????

Will it help maintain peace in this troubled land????

Or will it only create more instability????

If it does or doesn't, then what are the reasons for such conclusions???

Opinions please

[Edited on 23-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So allow me to push it back.

Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this???

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hmmmm Peace in Israel........It wont happen until the time is right!

Peace has always been on the agenda.....but peace will only come about when things are right !

ok, what do I mean by ''things are right?
Well, peace is a word that the whole world talks about for how long since I can remember.......and it will only come when the world is in chaos and troubled with misfortunes that all will seem futile in fixing things!
Only then will a false peace come that will pretend to make things a better place for all........
But will this be ''true '' Peace???
One can only wait and see!
helen

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Agreed, even with a IPF, both sides, or should I say 'ALL' sides will have to desire true peace before peace can really take root.

I like the idea though. They could be used to possibly 'ease' the friction or tension a bit....hopefully. I would hope the IPF would act as a buffer against and preventing aggressive, violent, suicide bomber attacks.

But nothing is a 'sure' thing and again, a true desire for peace should be wanted if indeed peace is to succeed.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A UN force would help the situation depending on how it is deployed and which nations troops it is comprised of.

The UN can take a neutral stance over Israel. Over the years it has sat on the fence regarding the Intifada.
This means that moderate Arabs should not see it as a threat when it moves in.

If the extremists target UN troops, I would expect them to be crushed by international forces. Politically and militarily they would get away with it.

In this case there are a lot of advantages to using UN troops.

I don't see this as a matter of "if the UN goes in". It's a matter of "when".

As for true peace? I don't think we're going to see that for a while. It will probably take a long time to achieve. But at least we're heading in the right direction.

It's quite possible that part of the reason for US action in Iraq and the UN's stance over the situation, was so that Arab nations would come to trust the UN ready for the time when it's troops are deployed to Israel.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think the israeli's would object quite a bit, possibly even turning it into a shooting war, Israel is well armed and could probable decimate most of a UN Army, losses would be huge on both sides but in the end the UN can never win, the outcry from the jewish population in other countries would stop them from occupying, oh, and israel has nukes

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is highly doubtful that the Israelis would oppose the UN.
They aren't stupid. They know how powerful it really is.

And anyway, who is to say that a UN force within their borders won't be an advantage to them?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Of course they would take on the UN, you dont corner an animal and then expect it to lay down.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes, it will help. It will help fulfill another prophecy. It will help establish a period of time where there will be the feeling and talk that there is peace, a false peace. AND, it will bring together, around Jerusalem a number of countries required to be there for the prophetic final dance.

Yeah, it'll help, but not in the way I think you were asking.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by David
Of course they would take on the UN, you dont corner an animal and then expect it to lay down.

I don't understand your logic.

1) How is Israel being cornered or able to be compared to an animal?

2) Why do you see the introduction of the UN as a concern to them?

3)Why do you think any peace would result in a disavantageous situation for the Israelis?

4)How do you know that this wasn't always part of the plan and that the Israelis haven't already agreed to it?

5) What makes you think that even if the Israelis didn't like it, they would go against a UN force?

6) What makes you think that the Israelis are powerful enough to evade the will of the UN if they chose to?

There will be no war between Israel and the UN. Israel doesn't have the power to withstand the West on it's own.

But that is a moot point. I believe that the UN has already been invited in by Israel itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
They know how powerful it [the UN]really is.

The UN is dead. and every time almost that the UN gets involved with something like this something always happens. REMEMBER SOMILIA ANYONE? not to mention that the arabs are some of the most cowardly people on the face of ther earth. why do you think that they all wear masks even when they tape themselves before they blowthem selves up. the bad guys in the middle east are gonna fight just like sammy in MOG. i say let the IDF handle it. and if that dont work then we'll see about the UN.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

The UN is dead.

I doubt that very much. Something that is run by the most powerful nations in the World is hardly dead.

In fact I reckon it's stronger than ever.

If the UN were dead, why would China only want to discuss North Korea outside of it's structure?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think the israeli's would object quite a bit, possibly even turning it into a shooting war, Israel is well armed and could probable decimate most of a UN Army, losses would be huge on both sides but in the end the UN can never win, the outcry from the jewish population in other countries would stop them from occupying, oh, and israel has nukes

UN can never win ? Right, but Aigainst NATO Israel is nothing. I don't think they would use nukes on other countrys, why ? Because there's many country involved in UN and NATO that had nukes too, and when we look at the small surface of israel state, just some nukes and the problem is fixed.

I personnaly thinks that Israel wouldn't attack U.N. force, they may have a strong military aigainst arab foreigns but aigainst a well organized country they couldn't never win. And we are not talking about huge losses on each side, but only one side. The fact is that Israel depends of US. Remember the kipour war ( 1967 ), Israel almost get crushed by egypt and syria.

I personally think that peace will be possible when the Isrealo-palestinian conflict will be resolved, and I think that U.N. forces are rightly designated for the task.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
UN is not dead, they done their jobs.

US was unable to prove that Iraq had WMD, so they rejected the agression.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have to agree with Salem...the UN is not dead. Just this week we had President Bush going to the UN to push for tougher inspections in Iran. The UN is dead was just some propaganda that the Bush regime used here at home so they could do Iraq without a resolution.

Troops in Israel...prolly will happen and that's just to get both sides settled into the reality that there will be peace whether they like it or not. Their are terrorist/extremist in both camps and neither government is capable of controlling them. I suspect it will be NATO and that it will be a messy effort that's really not worth spending time on...why are we worried about this again? Israel and Palestine would be failed nations if it weren't for their "friends". I say we let them deal with their own tribalism issues.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

UN can never win ? Right, but Aigainst NATO Israel is nothing. I don't think they would use nukes on other countrys, why ? Because there's many country involved in UN and NATO that had nukes too, and when we look at the small surface of israel state, just some nukes and the problem is fixed.

Nuking Israel. What a good idea. You'll nuke 4 or 5 million peoples, and in retaliations, this " little country " will nuke ten times this amount.

Only a world wide coalition can beat Israel. But at wich price ? And for what ? What will be the benefit ? Helping a bunch of terrorists who just want to kill us all ?

We have to stand up FOR Israel and NOT against Israel. Israel is our allie. Israel is a democracy, surrounded by dictatorships who want to start the final Shoa. So, if we have to nuke a nation ( or many nations ), its' NOT Israel.

Ash

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think that if and when the UN steps in that Israel will embrace this idea. This will only strengthen the international communities resolve to end this standoff. I say this because once it is UN peacekeepers being blown up, it will require immediate action.

I would be curious to see what the outcome would be. Not curious for the loss of lives but for how the UN would react. I can guess it won't involve bulldozers, but possibly Appache attacks.

Israel would make a show of dragging it's feet about outside help but in the end I think they would love it. Focus the hatred towards "peacekeepers" instead of israeli's going to work. I however don't think this would stem the tide of willing suicide freaks.

We have to stand up FOR Israel and NOT against Israel. Israel is our allie. Israel is a democracy, surrounded by dictatorships who want to start the final Shoa. So, if we have to nuke a nation ( or many nations ), its' NOT Israel.

Forgot to add that I agree with you on this.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Ash]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by Salem

Nuking Israel. What a good idea. You'll nuke 4 or 5 million peoples.

With due to respect.
Read my post carefully UP and you'll understand that I was referring to the fact that Israel wouldn't use nukes on UN soldiers because it could be suicidal. Please read carefully before make me say things I haven't. I haven't said that I was aigainst Israel nor I wanted Israel to be nuked. It's ridiculous.

-Only a world wide coalition can beat Israel. But at wich price ? And for what ? What will be the benefit ? Helping a bunch of terrorists who just want to kill us all ?

I disagree you. If US stop to maintain Israel then Israel is barely a threat.

-We have to stand up FOR Israel and NOT against Israel. Israel is our allie.

I'm standing up For Israelians and Not for Israel. Why ? Because if you want an example of an dictatorship that slaughter innocents just take a look at Sharon and his Likoud party.

-Israel is a democracy, surrounded by dictatorships who want to start the final Shoa. So, if we have to nuke a nation ( or many nations ), its' NOT Israel.

Like if we should nuke a nation. How abject it is. I don't see how muslims dictatorships are a such a threat that the only way to deal with them is to nuke them.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Peace will come to Israel in sheeps clothing made by a wolf.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Israel is only a Democracy if you are a white or Semetic Jew. If you are a Gentile, or another color of Jew, forget it. Its basically a democratic theocracy.

Nuking Israel, while a pleasant thought, wouldnt solve much, because ud take out a whole bunch of other people. Not just Arabs either.

I would find it amusing to see Israel get occupied by a greater power. The Un is pretty wussedn out, but maybe the US.................or even better, Russia. And I dont wanna hear nuthin about prophecy either, or anti christs and such. Im talking about the real real world.

Someone needs to put thier boot on Israels holier than Thou butt. And it would be so ironic to see the UN do it, seeing how Israel has violated hundreds of UN mandates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join