It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender roles are evil and sexist, except when men think they are women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
IMHO the reason Trump has so much support is because if the title of the post

SJW, screem and moan that gender roles are sexist and evil. They will march, protest, and ban something they think crossed their ever changing line

Yet, if a guy thinks he is a women, and follows the 'trappings' of the 'tyipical' female gender: long hair, make up, clothing, and so on

Not only is it acceptable, it's perfectly normal and should be celebrated.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

So what you're saying is #Trannys4Trump.

Lol, but if that takes off i get credit.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: coven83

Nope. You're too late - www.breitbart.com...
twitter.com...

To OP - I can't pretend to understand it as I am not in the know so to speak. It all seems kind of confusing to me.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are gender roles, and some people feel more comfortable in one or the other, even if it doesn't match their birth sex. Women have a lot of things going for them, such as different socializing options than men, different outfits, long hair, different hobbies and toys, dating men, etc. so it makes sense that some natural men would want to be a woman.

If there were no gender roles, maybe transgenderism wouldn't exist?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I like that.
Perhaps true.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Like when Bruce Jenner got all dolled up as a 1950's pin-up model. It was sexist of him to want that for himself, every bit as much as if he had wanted it for someone else. We aren't supposed to want "the feminine mystique," right?

He should have at least wanted to appear a bit boyish; maybe a pixie haircut and a Boy George outfit....

EDIT TO ADD:

Apologies for using a name that it no longer uses. I should have called it/her

"The Athlete formerly known as Bruce Jenner" or something.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The Greeks had a legend about one of the philosophers, who said it was easier to be a woman than to be man.

Supposedly the goddess Hera was so pissed off that she changed him into a woman for a year. At the end of it he said he was mistaken; that women really do have a more difficult life.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
IMHO the reason Trump has so much support is because if the title of the post

SJW, screem and moan that gender roles are sexist and evil. They will march, protest, and ban something they think crossed their ever changing line

Yet, if a guy thinks he is a women, and follows the 'trappings' of the 'tyipical' female gender: long hair, make up, clothing, and so on

Not only is it acceptable, it's perfectly normal and should be celebrated.

I don't think you deserve any attention just because of your obvious disrespect for others but I want contribute something.

I'm assuming you are talking about certain transwomen who presents themselves in a hyper-feminized cliche. There is a very valid reason for that phenomenon. You might notice the trend is most often seen with older transwomen because when they were first transitioning years ago, standards of care for transsexuals required "real life experience" and they had to prove to the doctors they were really women. Because of this, they were practically forced to dress in stereotypical fashions in order to get proper treatment.

Of course, you might also be confusing drag queens for transgender people. For them, hyper-feminization is the goal and an art form. Now those guys are actually men, identify as men, and are proud to be men who can look fabulous.

Now you specifically are talking about the things you listed: "long hair, make up, clothing, and so on", what are you trying to say? That women can't make choices to wear their hair long, wear make-up, and wear clothing that is cut to fit better? That is not a "gender role" issue, it's a personal comfort level issue.

I'm guessing you are a man. If so, do you wear pants, forego shaving your pits, and wear short hair because you are falling into a gender role or is it because you are simply comfortable presenting like that?

I don't think you understand what "gender roles" mean when it is brought up in social equality contexts.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline
I think Jenner is a really bad example... Like a terrible example.

There are plenty of transgender people who don't behave in the traditional roles you know.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

For the record men had long hair for a long time and it was the norm. I have long hair and there's nothing feminine about it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You have formed the logical conclusion to the insanity being pushed by the SJW left and it's quite unsettling, how would you go about forcing people to relinquish their ideas of archetypical gender roles? Well you would start by social engineering, which we are seeing, and silencing opposition in the name of progress, which we are seeing as well. People (not all) like their gender roles and as an example some men wish to provide and some women wish to be the primary care taker, in a free society these differences are celebrated however they manifest themselves . The direction we are heading now is bleak, we often believe in an idealist way that the arrow of progress always points towards a more morally sound future, unfortunately, and as history shows that is completely untrue, we must protect our freedoms ALL freedoms and reject bad ideas in the marketplace of ideas.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

We aren't supposed to want "the feminine mystique,"
a reply to: redempsh

I don't mind a little feminine mystique

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

There are gender roles, and some people feel more comfortable in one or the other, even if it doesn't match their birth sex. Women have a lot of things going for them, such as different socializing options than men, different outfits, long hair, different hobbies and toys, dating men, etc. so it makes sense that some natural men would want to be a woman.

... and If there were no transgender roles, that would mess with a lot of recent Television drama.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You have formed the logical conclusion to the insanity being pushed by the SJW left and it's quite unsettling, how would you go about forcing people to relinquish their ideas of archetypical gender roles?

To hell with this. It's insulting and condescending for you to say "SJW" in each and every post and I don't appreciate it. I have considered, informed opinions that aren't spoon fed to me by the media. If I'm going to be called names for my political views then I don't feel any need to refrain from doing the same.

Every time I read "SJW", I'm responding with "stupid inbred bigot douchebag."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't even care if they call me a sjw in a condescending way. I've participated in protests for the right of people that many just could care less about it. Call me it all you want I'm proud.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Respond how you like, and you being triggered is quite humorous, do you have any retort for my points? Social justice progressives are indeed fighting for the dissolution of gender roles, which was neatly formed into a coherent thought by the poster I responded to. I don't have a problem with anyone's choices or gender roles, but I do have a problem with being engineered and suppressed into thinking a certain way under the pretentious rosy guise of progress. In other words if I like having a wife in the kitchen and she enjoys cooking for me, do not attempt to dissolve that by calling it misogynistic, or engineering our children into believing gender roles are inherently wrong.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Damnit....i dont twiterpate.?

Oh well tomorrow is another cliche...day

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with traditional gender roles and they have stood the test of time of course..

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
In other words if I like having a wife in the kitchen and she enjoys cooking for me, do not attempt to dissolve that by calling it misogynistic, or engineering our children into believing gender roles are inherently wrong.

Just wait a few years. Hipsters will soon be going out of their way to fulfill all of the classic 1950's gender stereotypes in an effort to be "ironic". This whole "lumbersexual" trend has to eventually end and, when it does, I fully expect them to sidestep into a Dapper Dan type of reality.

But seriously, no. There's nothing wrong with you liking that dynamic nor your partner liking it. It's only a problem when you expect others to fulfill those roles by virtue of gender alone. There are tons of progressive liberal households with a nuclear one-income, stay-at-home-mom type of lifestyle. But they don't do it out of obligation.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Social justice progressives are indeed fighting for the dissolution of gender roles, which was neatly formed into a coherent thought by the poster I responded to.

No they're not. That's a poorly conceived hypothesis you've created to explain why you're uncomfortable with people having choices.

I don't have a problem with anyone's choices or gender roles, but I do have a problem with being engineered and suppressed into thinking a certain way under the pretentious rosy guise of progress.

You quite obviously have a very serious issue with people having choices. You can protest all you want but your argument is literally that people not behaving the way you want them to is proof of a sinister plot to "engineer" society. To what end? What exactly do you imagine is the ultimate goal of this evil agenda for the "dissolution of gender roles?"

Conservatives go on and on about "freedom" and "liberty" but in reality, what they truly crave is authoritarian leaders who will force all members of society to comport to what the "conservatives" believe is the right way. They're all about eliminate choices. When people have choices, things might change and there's nothing the true conservative fears more than a changing world. Why though? Is it because of an irrational fear that as society inevitable undergoes change, they might be left behind? That they could wake up and find that they're all of a sudden in the minority?

Is that what it all really boils down to? A fear of becoming a minority?

In other words if I like having a wife in the kitchen and she enjoys cooking for me, do not attempt to dissolve that by calling it misogynistic, or engineering our children into believing gender roles are inherently wrong.

Get a hold of yourself.

Aside from a small group of mainly third wave "feminist" bloggers seething on Tumblr, who are usually misandrists themselves, who the hell would actually say that if a woman chooses to be a homemaker, her husband is a misogynist? If somebody tells you that, you let me know and I'll be right there defending the choices made by you and your wife to live how you please just as I would for anyone else.

I do find it funny it "quite humorous" that your first thought about a wife was "in the kitchen cooking" but hey, seriously if that's what you two are comfortable with, by all means do your thing... and let other people do their thing and stop trying to control what every else does by pretending that it's somehow an attack on you.

Respond how you like, and you being triggered is quite humorous,

Yeah, that's me, "triggered." No, I'm just tired of the double standard. What I find ironic is that I keep seeing the same people who are always whining, "we can't say anything anymore without being called a bigot," calling people they don't agree with "SJW" to be dismissive of their opinions and utterly failing to see the hypocrisy in it.

You could never "trigger" me because the instant you say some dumb s# like that to me, I am incapable of respecting you.
edit on 2016-5-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join