It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Annee
Here's a link to the actual editorial. Not the one in the Washington Times, referencing it.

Read what it actually says in last paragraph, without the hype.

This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday. Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms – and vice versa – might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort – with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage – then realizing that it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined. www.charlotteobserver.com...

This ticks me off to the limit. It is not---NOT---the same as whites and blacks sharing facilities. It isn't even the same as two gays hooking up.

For god's sake!! Our president is off-the-charts crazy---loony---psychotic---obsessed.

If Obama and all the other weirdos want to push that silly notion, the people need to push back. No. It is no way no how the same!!

Nope. But that's how they get you to shut up about it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just have port a potties everywhere?

That could work...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Annee

I know Europe can handle co ed bathrooms etc but I think American culture is not able to handle this change at this time. The way Europeans treat nudity is so much different than American and Canadian culture.

Exactly. It doesn't mean they are so much hipper and advanced sexually. But, that notion is what some people would have you believe.

We don't have to jump off a cliff because everybody else, even our friends, are doing it. This is an issue that society needs to speak up about and say "no", we have a say in what our norms and taboos will be.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Just have port a potties everywhere?

That could work...

Just have a s#it-in!

hahahaha

+7 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Here's a link to the actual editorial. Not the one in the Washington Times, referencing it.

This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday. Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms – and vice versa – might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort – with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage – then realizing that it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined. www.charlotteobserver.com...

This ticks me off to the limit. It is not---NOT---the same as whites and blacks sharing facilities. It isn't even the same as two gays hooking up.

For god's sake!! Our president is off-the-charts crazy---loony---psychotic---obsessed.

If Obama and all the other weirdos want to push that silly notion, the people need to push back. No. It is no way no how the same!!

I agree with Obama and those who move Equal Treatment forward.

I disagree with you.

How do you square that indecent exposure to a minor is a crime?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What is the purpose of this legislation?

It was thought out before implementation.

So I ask why, and who?

You know it is not trannies.

-a fake issue, that only a woman like hitlery can change, so her girls can have some privacy for votes?

-a last f-you from obummer, cause he fells dissed?

-a additional attack on civil rights, aimed at parents, since the attempted race/civil wars failed?

-an additional issue to make more people scared into voting?

-all of the above?

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: suasagefingertphonetyporepairjob

link   

Oh man that's a good one. A sh#t in.

link   
a reply to: awareness10

I was hoping I wouldn't have to talk to my daughter about shrinkage and the fragile male penis-size-oriented ego until she was much older.

Obama wants it to happen now though. I wonder if he has any personal stake in this?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 19-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnneeI agree with Obama and think his daughters need to share dressing rooms and rest rooms with some well hung men

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I disagree with you.

It will end up looking like this if he indecently exposed himself to my little sister

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Come on folks, transgender girls in school aren't boys and the absolute last thing they are going to do is call attention to or show what it is that makes them different from other girls. This would be the most soul-crushingly embarrassing thing ever. This is total fear-mongering and you've been conned hook, line and sinker.

Do I need to post pictures of transgender girls AGAIN? Trust me, they aren't going to be walking around naked in front of anybody. Jesus folks, y'all have some overactive imaginations. Transgender boys aren't going to be flashing their girl parts around in the boy's locker room either but to me, that would be a much more clear and present danger that nobody seems to be worried about.

Ugh!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

It will end up looking like this if he indecently exposed himself to my little sister

The problem is though, it is lesbians getting attacked.

Not men, and not transgenders - because you wouldn't know.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is one great question!

People that think this falls under the category of 'equal treatment' are as psycho is the ones teaching and pushing that bs.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I disagree with you.

Dude, don't punch your sister for that

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: suasagefingertphonetyporepairjob

+10 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

The tone of this article tells me that the folks at the Charlotte Observer are intolerant of established social axioms to the point that they feel it necessary to push an agenda of re-education upon children.

This is a policy that both Caligula and Heinrich Himmler would likely have endorsed.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: AnneeI agree with Obama and think his daughters need to share dressing rooms and rest rooms with some well hung men

Try a little real education on transgender.

You might actually learn something.

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Come on folks, transgender girls in school aren't boys and the absolute last thing they are going to do is call attention to or show what it is that makes them different from other girls. This would be the most soul-crushingly embarrassing thing ever. This is total fear-mongering and you've been conned hook, line and sinker.

Do I need to post pictures of transgender girls AGAIN? Trust me, they aren't going to be walking around naked in front of anybody. Jesus folks, y'all have some overactive imaginations. Transgender boys aren't going to be flashing their girl parts around in the boy's locker room either but to me, that would be a much more clear and present danger that nobody seems to be worried about.

Ugh!

What you are describing is a crime.
Indecent exposure to a minor is a serious crime and you want to look past it like it is no big deal.
Your kid exposes genitals to my kid and I will press charges. You have no right to take my child's innocents. It is a big deal.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Excerp from article is juicy

In a defense of President Obama’s order compelling schools to allow access to restrooms on the basis of gender identity, the Charlotte Observer editorial board compared the discomfort of school-aged girls seeing male genitalia in locker rooms to the discomfort of white people being around black people in post-segregation America.

Jebus cristo

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How about this, Annee...Simple fact. He is a father who does not want his daughters in the gym showers and locker rooms dressing and undressing in front of a penis.....even if that penis is attached to a transgender female...period. No transgender studies (that's probably on some university curriculum) necessary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join