It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yup superstitious because trans kids have been protected under legal precedence from title 9 for years. The Olympics, junior Olympics etc already have dealt with this. Colleges already have diversity officers etc. The only thing your law is, would be a distraction. It will soon be shut down by the federal court and you'll loose funding for schools over your superstions.

Like I said in 10 years I have never once seen any nudity issues pop up and kids have never used the showers. So... Again your fabricating a problem that doesn't exist.

There is also a difference between nudity and sexual exposure. Something I guess some religious folks can't tell the difference of. Perhaps because everything arouses them?

Take the time to read the law. Nudity between same sex kids in a school is not an issue, nudity between opposite sex kids is a crime. Anyone who aids or abets this would also be charged.
I in no way tried to make this about anyone other than MINORS.

You think schools are going to let a trans minor use the restroom they identify with, without medical documentation?

A trans minor is NOT going to expose the part of them that make them different. They would be horrified.

If anyone is at risk, it is the transgender child - - - from obnoxious bullies trying to "get a peak".

That is the child that needs to be protected.

I think both the kids deserve to be protected.

Kids need to be protected.

A trans kid is NOT going to expose themselves.

That is ridiculous paranoia, promoted by the "holier-than-thou" Right.

link   

And that's precisely what the "best practices" letter from the Obama Adminsyration is trying to do.

Have you read it?

link   

Yup superstitious because trans kids have been protected under legal precedence from title 9 for years. The Olympics, junior Olympics etc already have dealt with this. Colleges already have diversity officers etc. The only thing your law is, would be a distraction. It will soon be shut down by the federal court and you'll loose funding for schools over your superstions.

Like I said in 10 years I have never once seen any nudity issues pop up and kids have never used the showers. So... Again your fabricating a problem that doesn't exist.

There is also a difference between nudity and sexual exposure. Something I guess some religious folks can't tell the difference of. Perhaps because everything arouses them?

Take the time to read the law. Nudity between same sex kids in a school is not an issue, nudity between opposite sex kids is a crime. Anyone who aids or abets this would also be charged.
I applaud your efforts as a coach. I applaud your efforts to help trans kids. That has nothing to do with the way the law in the state of north carolina is written.

I am going to ask s very uncomfortable question and get very real here. Suicide rates of trans kids are greatly reduced when transitions happen early.

Is the very small chance that your theoretical daughter saw a penis in a non sexual way worth the very large chance you save a kids life who will go through life as their identity anyway? It just depends how many scars the trans kid has to get before there are too many. Samecan be said for anyone accept society is trying to hold onto the ability to bully these real kids with real families and real lives.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You think schools are going to let a trans minor use the restroom they identify with, without medical documentation?

A trans minor is NOT going to expose the part of them that make them different. They would be horrified.

If anyone is at risk, it is the transgender child - - - from obnoxious bullies trying to "get a peak".

That is the child that needs to be protected.

I think both the kids deserve to be protected.

Kids need to be protected.

A trans kid is NOT going to expose themselves.

That is ridiculous paranoia, promoted by the "holier-than-thou" Right.

What you think they will do or not do has nothing to do with the current law in NC.
It is only ridiculous until some kid gets arrested for breaking that law.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Before the paranoid right side put all the lime light on transgendered kids, please tell me...was this an issue? Did they expose themselves? Did even 1?

My guess would be that they do everything they can to NOT expose themselves.

And...if a peen perhaps accidentally popped up in a girls locker room, yes, the other girls need to learn to be mature enough to deal with such a situation.

Pointing it out and discrimination is NOT the answer.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And that's precisely what the "best practices" letter from the Obama Adminsyration is trying to do.

Have you read it?

I have not. I will be happy to if you link it.
I will bet it sets up separate changing areas for trans kids.

link   

There are actually many of them. Look it up yourself. Especially around sports. Here is one for free from a more recent case.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I applaud your efforts as a coach. I applaud your efforts to help trans kids. That has nothing to do with the way the law in the state of north carolina is written.

I am going to ask s very uncomfortable question and get very real here. Suicide rates of trans kids are greatly reduced when transitions happen early.

Is the very small chance that your theoretical daughter saw a penis in a non sexual way worth the very large chance you save a kids life who will go through life as their identity anyway? It just depends how many scars the trans kid has to get before there are too many. Samecan be said for anyone accept society is trying to hold onto the ability to bully these real kids with real families and real lives.

Hypotheticals dont change what the current law is
Thanks for the link
I want all kids protected and none in any way harmed

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It shouldn't be trans kids getting a seperate area (again man child psych. Don't make it special they are human beings)

It should be for modest people in general.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Explain how there is harm? Trans kids transition have therapists and work with school guidance Dept. They know who is trans and who is the quarterback looking for a peak

This isn't even an issue. All kids are protected under the law (title 9)

Maybe we should have a seperate changing room for burn victims too. That may make kids uncomfortable to see.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I said yesterday this is a modesty issue and progressives are stirring the pot to destroy what's left of modesty morality and decency in the us and worldwide and they can just deal with it if people object.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
People and their families don't have to make use of any public facilities, structures or programs if they are so opposed to (or afraid of) how they are being operated...

Land of the free and home of the brave?

Freedom for the majority and the right for them to be bravely afraid of perceived changes in societal norms...

but i guess i'm a commie or a nazi or a devil worshiper, because i don't understand how this has brought out so many peoples raw cowardice.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hypotheticals dont change what the current law is
Thanks for the link
I want all kids protected and none in any way harmed

The current law is that trans kids can use whatever bathroom. The gov of NC and some other states are trying some re election propaganda that the media also loves. This while thing is a complete non issue. I would also say that schools even the ones in Texas my son went to already have been allowing trans kids to transition and usewhatever bathrooms for at least five years. The people who actually work in these situations have already been allowing kids to transition. Same with gov workers , the military, most corporations etc. The people with an issue are usually from small towns and homogenous communities. Sometimes they forget there is a big world if all kinds of people.

Honestly I think what would protect religious freedom is creating a better voucher or school choice system where the option to go to a religious school is an option and as affordable somehow maybe through tax credits to those with private beliefs they want their kids to be raised with.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Yeah.

If you don't like blacks and your whole town doesn't like blacks you can't just make laws preventing them the same access you have to life and liberty.

It's your choice how you feel about blacks andnif you think they are dangerous.

By the way there is zero stastical data showing any of your fears are true. From places with open door policies already in place.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Really? Because this policy has existed in the corporate, higher Ed, military, and gov jobs for a while.

Modesty is a personal choice and personally relative. Not something easy to make laws around. Most of them are hold overs from religious dogma.
edit on 20-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

we all know girls like seeing dong, but we r not spose to talk about.

jk
...... or am i??

i am tired of this subject so i joke

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

[snipped]

I think the debate has exhausted itself. Clearly there are four sides, separated by whether it is right or wrong as well as by internally created morality or morality created by an external source.

You're all losers to me lol. Jk.
edit on 5.21.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped innappropriate content

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If a jerk (trans or not) came into the womans locker room and swung his dick around for all to see, I would be offended and probably tell a teacher.

However, if a student (trans or not) came into the womans locker room to change and his peen accidentally was exposed, I would be mature enough to know he/she did not mean for this to happen and go on with my life, happily, as if nothing happened.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Transgender...whatever...shut the stall door...problem solved.
Cheers,

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

If a jerk (trans or not) came into the womans locker room and swung his dick around for all to see, I would be offended and probably tell a teacher.

However, if a student (trans or not) came into the womans locker room to change and his peen accidentally was exposed, I would be mature enough to know he/she did not mean for this to happen and go on with my life, happily, as if nothing happened.

What? No hysteria?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Which is exactly what I would teach my child to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join