It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narwhal is a REAL BEING....I THOUGHT IT WAS a hoax!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok. I thought someone was mocking me when they told me about there being this new unicorn whale thing called a Narwhal......

The first link I found was a beer commercial, so I thought it was a made up beer commercial chararter, like their beer was as rare as a unicorn whale or something...

I thought the poster was mocking the mandela effect and making one up for fun to see if we would fall for it, but NO!

They are real here!

edit on 19-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Yep. They're real. They have been since they first existed. You just never hear anything about them.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes, the narwhal is real.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Oh my GAWD I can't feel my brain! I used to be able to feel it but something has changed, and in this timeline narwhals exist, just.. I just.. I can't take this anymore... They are cute creatures though.
edit on 19-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Yep. They're real. They have been since they first existed. You just never hear anything about them.

Can't really blame scientists for not studying them more. They live where it's freakin' cold! Not a sexy job like studying tropical critters.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's been treated as a meme for so long I imagine that there are quite a few folks who didn't know they were real.

It's not needed information for standardized testing....

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Can't really blame scientists for not studying them more. They live where it's freakin' cold! Not a sexy job like studying tropical critters.

I quite like the cold, but sod jumping in the water to watch them do whatever it they do under the surface.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Oh my GAWD I can't feel my brain! I used to be able to feel it but something has changed, and in this timeline narwhals exist, just.. I just.. I can't take this anymore... They are cute creatures though.

They are! I feel bad for them though, that must be uncomfortable as heck, trying not to hurt each other, the pull of the water etc...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You're joking right? I mean.. You really never ever heard of a narwhal? They have been around forever and not exactly an obscure species.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've know about them since I've been 5, man it never ceases to amaze me

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why is this in Skunk Works?

huh. That's one question I've never asked before.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
You're joking right? I mean.. You really never ever heard of a narwhal? They have been around forever and not exactly an obscure species.
I have never heard of one until about a week and a half ago, looked it up, found a beer comercial, and honeslty thought it was a hoax...

The poor things, they are so illogical looking, like why the long tooth/husk/horn?

My friends and I who were all into unicorns as little girls etc would have known about these you would think! Wow. I am blown away, sweet little guys.

I can't really put this one up as a true mandela effect though, as I could have just had really crappy
School ciriculum or something that they just never told us about them???

Any oceanographers who had never heard of these? That would make it addable to the list possibly.
edit on 19-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: Needed apostrophe

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

lol, because it was related to people thinking it was a new mandela effect thing that we had never seen or heard of these guys....

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

The poor things, they are so illogical looking, like why the long tooth/husk/horn?

When I look a my X wife these days I think the same thing! OMG another Mandela effect!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Skunkworks/Mandela effect now.

Don't you remember??
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Mandela effect made me misspell nearly every damn thing...

link   

No they really have been around for a very long time,i have known of them since i was a wee kiddie-it's so funny to me that you haven't
Any oceanographer or marine biologist who do Not know of them should go to the university where they studied and demand their money back

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: hidingthistime

When I look a my X wife these days I think the same thing! OMG another Mandela effect!
ahaha. Like what was the old you thinking anyways?

I feel that way about a few of my past choices...haha

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

In her defense they probably are or are very close to being extinct..

Thanks Japan..

eta: I had a similar mind blown moment about manatees. I've always knew of the name..But I never realized what they looked like. I thought they were a cousin to sting rays.. not water hippos..
edit on 19-5-2016 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Really crappy schools is the answer. I remember learning about these over 20 years ago in public school.

Definitely not a Mandela effect type of situation.

Lots of studies too.
naturalhistory.si.edu...

www.uwesterntopeka.org...

acsonline.org...

Lots of info on the Googles. Try googling "narwhal studies"

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

In her defense they probably are or are very close to being extinct..

Thanks Japan..

More than 80000 left in the wild. Discovered in 1648.

www.worldwildlife.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join