It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Woman in stolen car dies after being shot by San Francisco police

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

Lol my god your rhetoric is amazing. Went straight to the "boot licker" refrain, huh?

Amazing. Cry about undignified and disrespectful treatment in one breath, then berate others for not liking undignified and disrespectful treatment in the next.

Because weed, mannnnn!

But you're right. Being a dickhead during a simple traffic stop for running a red light because getting a ticket MIGHT "ruin your life" is certainly the best way to handle things. You definitely will never ever get out of ticket for the sole reason of being a decent, reasonably polite individual instead of a jackass.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No one has ever been accused of a crime they didn't commit?

And a traffic ticket can ruin a person's life. You must not live pay check to pay check like 98% of Americans. Must be nice to make that salary as a cop......with all the perks.

The rest of your rant isn't worth my time.....

Way simpler than admitting "I cannot refute what you've said with any sort of logical response so I will attempt to casually dismiss it as not being worth my time to respond to, even though I'm responding to it right now."

Quitter.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

When did I say being a jackass was the correct way to go about it? Try actually comprehending what a person types.......mmmmkay...

All I said is quit whining that you are not respected when it is your job to piss people off. Simple common sense really.

And I feel no ounce of sympathy for you either. You took the job as a cop.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Seems the USA is heading in this direction as well. Evidenced by the OP and all the posters saying she deserved it.......

You read the article where witnesses said she was moving the car back and forth trying to get away with officers around the car meaning it was seen as being used as a weapon that threatened the safety of the officers.

Cops don't just draw their weapons and shoot someone because they want to, although there may be a few that are that way...but the majority of officers don't want to have to shoot someone and that's a fact.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No one has ever been accused of a crime they didn't commit?

Didn't say that did I?

And a traffic ticket can ruin a person's life.

No it cannot, but feel free to explain how it does?

You must not live pay check to pay check like 98% of Americans.

I do, and I have had more than one ticket that inconvenienced me a bit but they didn't ruin my life. And if your having trouble week to week then breaking the law should be something you don't do as that way you don't have to worry about that inconvenience of getting and paying for that ticket.

Must be nice to make that salary as a cop......with all the perks.

What perks they have to follow the same laws you do...police officers aren't above the law.

The rest of your rant isn't worth my time.....

Not a rant...just reality.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You definitely will never ever get out of ticket for the sole reason of being a decent, reasonably polite individual instead of a jackass.

But being the jackass is more fun until you see more than one set of lights behind you...only kidding.

It is amazing that people think being stupid is going to help you better than being a human being towards those who are taking their lives to keep them safe.

To me a police officer should receive more respect than they get, and they do have a thankless job that for the most part get's unnoticed.

So for those who are LEO on ATS I just want to say...Thank You for keeping us safe.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

All I said is quit whining that you are not respected when it is your job to piss people off.

I can see it now at the briefing before a shift...

" We have drugs being dealt in a neighborhood, we have cars being stolen in another...that's it and one last thing be sure to piss people off...because that is why you were hired here."

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

In one breath you claim to not have said that no one gets accused of crimes they didn't commit.

In the next you explain how if you don't commit crimes you will never have "to worry about" it.

Which is it?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

You definitely will never ever get out of ticket for the sole reason of being a decent, reasonably polite individual instead of a jackass.

But being the jackass is more fun until you see more than one set of lights behind you...only kidding.

It is amazing that people think being stupid is going to help you better than being a human being towards those who are taking their lives to keep them safe.

To me a police officer should receive more respect than they get, and they do have a thankless job that for the most part get's unnoticed.

So for those who are LEO on ATS I just want to say...Thank You for keeping us safe.

I find it amazing people can't read and put words in others mouths like children to win an argument.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

In one breath you claim to not have said that no one gets accused of crimes they didn't commit.

In the next you explain how if you don't commit crimes you will never have "to worry about" it.

Which is it?

Police arrest people because of the initial evidence presented at the time...it then get's turned over to the DA and they decide whether of not a trial is warranted based on the evidence they were presented.

WHat don't understand about that comment?

It's common sense to know if you don't break laws you won't have to worry about being pissed off by a cop.

Both would be the answer.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh. Oh I'm so sorry, amigo.

See, your initial comment was in response to another member saying they treat everybody with respect they encounter as a cop. And then somehow you morphed that in to people being angry about getting locked up for weed, which somehow turned in to you saying people don't treat cops with respect because cops ruin their lives. Which I took to mean you finally comprehended that torquey was talking about making contact with people and being respectful, yet you excuse people for being disrespectful from the get-go because something MIGHT happen. Hence my comment that being a jackass right from the start usually doesn't work out so well for anybody, be they a cop or a civilian.

Trackin now? See, I responded to what you wrote. It's your made-up fantasy life shattering scenario, not mine.

Side note - didn't ask for, nor do I give a rats ass about, your sympathy or lack of it. I have no sympathy for mental midgets, but don't feel compelled to tell them as much unbidden.

Mmmkay?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
It's common sense to know if you don't break laws you won't have to worry about being pissed off by a cop.

Again you state (erroneously ) that if you don't break laws you don't have to worry

Tell that to the innocent toddler now disfigured by a flash grenade.

BTW....no drugs were found in that Instance either. So a bunch of innocent people had "to worry".

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What's really sad is that, at the Mayor's request the Chief of Police, Greg Suhr, resigned. Too bad because he was pushing for de-escalation tactics and training.

For the mayor, the shooting happened under the worst circumstances at the worst possible time — what appeared to be an unarmed woman who was black, shot by a sergeant who apparently used none of the de-escalation tactics that Suhr and Lee had been pushing for months.

Before the shooting, there was a feeling in the mayor’s office that public anger about police conduct had peaked and that the chief could stay in his position, at least for several months, said a source close to Lee who was not authorized to speak for attribution.

Thursday’s shooting made that possibility untenable, the source said.

SFPD Chief Greg Suhr resigns after police killing of woman
edit on 20-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The guy they replaced him with as acting chief is apparently the deputy chief that's been pushing a lot of the new policies and procedures for SFPD. Near as I can tell, it was more or less his primary role. It seemed to me he had the complete support of the former chief so it's not a matter of some old curmudgeon not wanting to implement change. Shame they asked him to go, but sounds like they've put the right guy in place.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join