It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Woman in stolen car dies after being shot by San Francisco police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wonder how they executed her. In the video the car was lodged against the truck, and the location of the car makes it impossible for them to say the car was a threat.
After an immediate resignation, the video must have shown an execution style killing.

Lets wait to see what the police chief saw to make him resign.

Two officers were patrolling the area looking for stolen cars and spotted the stolen vehicle on Elmira Street near Helena Street. The woman drove away but crashed into a truck less than 100 feet away, Suhr said.

The officers tried to pull the woman out, and at some point a sergeant fired one shot, striking her, according to Suhr.

source

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Meh, california...who cares......Liberal country.....The Mayor didn't even try to back his own police chief with his poor people Imma get to the bottom of this blah blah....its an election year....

You know what, here's what most don't understand.....I'm going to say it one more time

IF YOU MAKE THE POLICE CHASE YOU, THEY ARE BRINGING AN ASS BEATING WITH THEM. Dont care how innocent you think you are, the police will beat you, taze you, shoot you.....if you run, you up the ante, and the odds are stacked in the houses favor.

Not much sympathy for the chick in the car....that's her fault, not theirs.
edit on 5/19/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed political party name change.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers

Meh, california...who cares......Liberal country.....The Mayor didn't even try to back his own police chief with his poor people Imma get to the bottom of this blah blah....its an election year....

You know what, here's what most don't understand.....I'm going to say it one more time

IF YOU MAKE THE POLICE CHASE YOU, THEY ARE BRINGING AN ASS BEATING WITH THEM. Dont care how innocent you think you are, the police will beat you, taze you, shoot you.....if you run, you up the ante, and the odds are stacked in the houses favor.

That is something that never ceases to amaze me. Never mind excessive force or how she got shot. Why did she run in the first place??? If people are truly of the opinion that all cops are looking for an excuse to shoot them, then common sense would seem to dictate that the best course of action would not be to serve them that excuse up on a platter, wouldn't it???
edit on 5/19/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What do you think the job of a LEO is? A leo should shoot to protect the public and themselves. Otherwise, this is execution.
If what you said of the police was said by a foreign government, the outrage... and US' need to intervene. But when its at home, its ok if cops go around killing people. That woman was innocent until proven guilty, no? Or why did they kill here even better question. There are 1st degree murderes who get 6 years prison term. GTA should not = capital punishment.

If the chief resigned immediatelt then there was cause for concern.
Maybe the police 'statement' didnt match the video recorded... wouldn't it be a surprise
edit on 19-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Our friend mom was kidnapped in a bank heist as a human shield. She and two other woman at the bank were abducted by kevlar vest wearing thieves. Two women either fell from the car, or were pushed out during the chase. Our friends mom wasnt so lucky. The police who knew she was being held hostage shot hundreds of rounds into the car and killed her. I could hear the gunshots from my home. I live in California

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=20748370]

IF YOU MAKE THE POLICE CHASE YOU, THEY ARE BRINGING AN ASS BEATING WITH THEM. Dont care how innocent you think you are, the police will beat you, taze you, shoot you

How dare someone make the police do a little extra work; kill me and grill em, huh?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

And that is messed up. It's not the only time I've heard of cars being peppered with over a hundred rounds.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

You don't kill someone unless theres an absolute immediate threat. Ever. It's wrong and police should be truly held accountable.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Our friend mom was kidnapped in a bank heist as a human shield. She and two other woman at the bank were abducted by kevlar vest wearing thieves. Two women either fell from the car, or were pushed out during the chase. Our friends mom wasnt so lucky. The police who knew she was being held hostage shot hundreds of rounds into the car and killed her. I could hear the gunshots from my home. I live in California

So sorry to hear. It's the norm now and well accepted even if fully innocent, as in her case. Well, if you're not innocent as judged without a jury, you must die.

Update:

Embattled San Francisco police chief resigns after shooting

Chief Greg Suhr stepped down from his job as the city's top cop at the request of Mayor Ed Lee.

Suhr, 57, had already been under pressure to resign in the wake of two racist and homophobic texting scandals and controversial shootings of minority suspects by his officers.

MSM Source
No words.
edit on 19-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: .

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Let's do an experiment and inject you with a few needles of adrenaline and put you in a situation like any cop faces every day and see how the majority holds up. It is a thankless job for those that choose to perform it, where one wrong decision can ruin lives, almost nowhere else in a working environment is this the case, cut them some slack. Not all of them are just out to kill someone, but to try and do some good, sometimes the idiot population of this great country make that pretty tough.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Lets face facts. The amount of police killings in the USA tops that of Canada or British police killings tenfold looking at per capita numbers. So something is seriously wrong here

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Lets face facts. The amount of police killings in the USA tops that of Canada or British police killings tenfold looking at per capita numbers. So something is seriously wrong here

Also makes you wonder how do those police forces you mentioned deal with grand theft auto when the police force is not armed... certainly not a death penalty for car theft...
Armed cops will always have a single resort... conflict resolution = gun. Its the absolute. No compliance, death. No trial, no help, just death. How do they train the police to deal with criminals... bring them to justice or just pick them off no matter what the crime.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Am I the only loon that doesn't point the finger directly at the police? It is not their fault the population is in this boiling over pot situation to begin with that is frankly making everyday people do stupid things.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If it had been my vehicle , I would have said thanks. They just saved my vehicle and me a round.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Cop could have saved more lives. If she is trying to run away and hits a truck after 100 yrds, imagine the damage she could have caused with some momentum,. She clearly didn't care for other people's safety/ property (stolen car) so why does she deserve the same respect.

I know it's hard to say, but he could have saved more lives than he took, whether it be for the wrong or right reasons is debatable .

Moral of the story. Don't run.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Whats it matter? This has happened for years, decades even. And now someone cares?

Hypocritical oversensitive BS. Then again I seem to be surrounded by oversensitive people trying to enforce their will on others.

I'm starting to wonder about this country as a whole. And the police are NOT obligated to protect you. Supreme court says so.

To serve and protect is just a slogan to make white people feel better living in suburbia.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Correctamundo, fact of the matter is, most police are overworked, overtimed, and face a knowingly hostile public on every call...what would you do in their shoes? Most PD's face personnel shortages and get paid peanuts.

These coupled with high stress and what do you expect?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Ok,

Police are not obligated to protect you as a citizen, period. They are legally there to protect the interest of business and to enforce law and code violations. Much of this goes back to admiralty law in its inception which is why there is a dollar amount attached to every court case.

They are reactionary only, it is up to the citizens to be proactive in their safety. Yes they serve the public, usually only as a mediator in disputes to determine where the law has been broken and which penalty to apply.

Next to grasp is the fact that you have no more innocent until proven guilty, that went out the window a long time ago. We are a democracy, where the rule of law is not paramount, but the rule of public opinion by the majority is.

You have 50 people saying you cannot grow a garden in your front yard....guess what...even though its your yard...you cannot grow a garden in your front yard.
edit on 20-5-2016 by BooCrackers because: Midget moderators make better lovers......too bad for you guys......you dont seem to have any.....yall need small love.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Whats it matter? This has happened for years, decades even. And now someone cares.

I shouldn't have to list any of the #ed up things humanity has considered "kosher" to tell you why that's an awful outlook; loving the status quo means you'll never see progress.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join