It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Hovind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
how was this guy in jail??? I didnt even want to see what has happend recently, its scary,

dude got arrested for "structuring" and got a 8 year sentence and was looking at a 100 more years for trying to legally protect his property?

celberties and politicians can get away with murder or serve less time then him and its ok.

wtf?????????????

sh____t is backwards these days and we just sit by a watch it happen.

edit on 19-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Kent Hovind evaded taxes, that's why he was sent to jail. If you or I don't pay our taxes then we would go to jail as well. He was treated equally under the law.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

but you can kill someone and get less time explain that.

also can you prove he evaded taxes i didnt get that, i saw structuring which is differnt then tax evasion

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you or I don't pay our taxes then we would go to jail as well

and that is not true my buddy went four years cause he simply didnt get around to it, he never went to jail

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That's a nice YouTube video. Here is why that nut bar is in jail though.

You will see reports that Kent Hovind is in prison for tax evasion. This is understandable.  According to this recent Tax Court decision concerning Mrs. Hovind, neither he nor she were filing 1040s.  That is not what he is in prison for. In 2006, a jury found Kent Hovind guilty on all counts of a fifty-eight count indictment.  Twelve counts concerned failure to file quarterly payroll tax returns for Creation Science Evangelism (Mr. Hovind’s ministry which operated the Dinosaur Adventure Land theme park).  Forty-five counts were for “structuring”.  He or his wife made cash withdrawals from the bank in the amounts of $9,500 or $9,600 on forty-five separate occasions between the summer of 2001 and the summer of 2002.  The 58th count said he had corruptly endeavored “to obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws” . That particular offense reminds me of a crime that the city cops I hung around with in the seventies used to talk about.  They called it “ B and A”, which stood for “being an _______”.  In Hovind’s case it included filing complaints, making threats and paying his employees in cash and calling them missionaries.

www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

He was found guilty by a jury on 58 separate counts. Structuring was the main thing. He basically ran a "charity" in which he and his wife took 450,000 dollars from within one year while he treated his employees like dirt.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

thats a nice msm article, how it more credible then info provided on youtube.

they are both for profit organizations.

and why is he a "nutter"?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

but the real questions how does killing one get less time then not paying the irs

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

while he treated his employees like dirt.

??? prof????

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

He was found guilty by a jury on 58 separate counts.

Big deal. The banks, government and Mega corp are guilty of that stuff, too. In that case we're talking trillions of dollars and millions of lives (due to unjust foreign wars).

I wonder how many counts that adds up to?

Never mind, lets pick on a little adventure theme park man.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

thats what im saying there are celebs and politicians that have done way worse crimes and not even a slap on the wrist, and the banks as you mentioned walk out with more money after being negligent or outright criminal. but some dude cooks the books for pennies and 8 years????

didnt Mathew Broderick kill a dude in a dui accident and just got probation?

somthing smells here and it not me just taking my afternoon poop

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I agree those people should be prosecuted but it doesn't make Kent innocent at all. Though why they haven't prosecuted Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, etc is beyond me. However Hovind paid his employees cash and called them missionariies. He ran a charity and took hundreds of thousands from it didn't pay taxes and made threats against investigators.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

From what I read, and it's been some time, so I might be off on the details, he was arrested because employees didn't file their taxes properly and he was blamed, even though they should have handled that themselves, under the circumstances of their hiring. It was, as I recall, the sort of contract work wherein the employee typically handles their own tax payments, not standard employment, where the employer would deduct for the employees.

The whole thing stank, seriously. Too many people didn't like his idea, so he was jailed on trumped up charges.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The reason they prosecute little people is to keep up the image of respectability and lawfulness in the public eye.

Its easy. Bankers blackmail the US government and abscond with a couple trillion in 2008, but little Bernie Madoff gets jailed for his scam.

Do we remember Madoff's name or the wall street bankers?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

what threats are you talking about????? again i need prof

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Dont get me started on the joke of wall street. Too big to fail garbage. Madoff was a pretty big scam artist though but yeah it's all about image and scapegoats. The real criminals just keep gaining more influence and power.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It was one of the charges that he was indicted with. You can post his apologist YouTube conspiracy video surely you can Google and read the many articles.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

BRING IT TO THIS DISSCUSION

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Testimony in the 2006 case showed that Hovind sued agent Powe at least three times, and he also sued Special Agent Schneider a number of times. After his conviction, Hovind told a caller the following regarding Schneider:

11/16/06 3:02 PM [00:45]

Unk:  (?doing a) good job.

Kent:  I think there’s real close to a zero chance they’re going to come seize anything.

Unk:  Really?

Kent:  That’s what all the attorneys say too.  They could, there’s zero chance that they could do it legally.

Unk:  Oh, yeah.

Kent:  Can they do it actually?  Well, look at what they’ve done so far.  But obviously, yeah.  About the only thing we’ve got going for us is that Scott Schneider, who is a bit afraid that I will sue him.

Unk:  Well…

Kent:  And I will!

Unk:  Amen!

Kent:  I’ll do it again! [chuckles]

Unk:  [laughs]

Kent:  And the rest of his life, if he doesn’t start obeying the law, I’m going to haunt him the rest of his life.

www.hovindology.com...

Also Hovind refused to follow any laws because he believed he was special

In 1998, both Kent and Jo Hovind signed a sovereign citizen style document attempting to revoke their signatures and claimed (as in original):  “I/WE ARE NOT A U.S. CITIZEN, NOT RESIDING ON ANY FEDERAL TERRITORY,” which is standard sovereign citizen lingo.  Another Sovereign citizen “tell” are the references to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). In the 1998 document, Hovind references UCC sections 2-608, 1-103, and 1-207.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kent Hovind has been out of jail for a year. Hovind is an old style Christian pastor who teaches creationism and had a large and vocal following in Pensacola, Fl.
He is a constitutionalist and preached against the UN, FED bank, etc. He was dangerous to the Feds so they put him away and figured he would never walk out.
Needless to say, he keeps his head down a little more these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join