It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma lawmakers have passed a bill that makes performing an abortion a felony.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Life , Let it live .

Cool , how many are you going take care of and pay to support ? not you perse but I see many people only care about saving an embryo at the early stages , but not enough to actually help other than taking the moral high ground.

Its easy to make decisions when it doesn't impact you directly. The truth is the system can't even properly keep up with the number of children put up for adoptions . Sure the good healthy ones have no problems but the ones with mental issues, drug addicted parents, etc are often forgotten about.

Why haven't the church started campaigns that they will take every unwanted child and that they will feed and pay for their education and provide them with genuine love? Its easy to tell others what to do or get on the high moral ground when you have no stake on the situation.

I'm not for late term abortions , nor do I think I could ever go through with making such a decision but I'm also not blind to see the reality of the situation.

edit on 41531America/ChicagoThu, 19 May 2016 21:41:10 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, that obviously has to do with what Law it is you're going to violate. It's foolish to put the same amount of credibility on every single law there is.

There are more than one ridiculous federal law in existence that could be violated repeatedly and still never come close to equaling the same harm as other federal laws.

Our legal system isn't so easily viewed as Black and White like that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So no real answer then. I'll give you points for originality.

hahahahahahahaha

Either a state has a right to violate federal law or it doesn't.
edit on 19-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: olaru12

Now this question will be asked of all candidates, GOP and dembs. "How do you feel about the Oklahoma abortion ban and making Doctors felons if they perform an abortion"

"Sounds like a state issue. Let it work through the courts. Next question?"

Yes, it's a state issue until some smart ass reporter decides to ask national candidates their opinion on the dumb ass Okie legislation.

Do you honestly think the dembs won't use this ammunition to discredit the national republicans. It's almost as if the Republicans want to lose. Oh, it will work thru the courts alright and be blown sky high in the national media.

This BS isn't doing Trump any favors either!

"Why are you asking me a question about a single state? I'm not running for Governor. Next question?"

Are you so ignorant as to think that state issues don't affect national elections? "Dr. charged with a felony"

edit on 19-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some states violate federal law by allowing pot.

Some states violate federal law by allowing sanctuary cities for illegals.

And now?

Maybe some states want to ban abortion that goes against federal law.

Now, are you against states violating federal law or are you for states violating federal law?

great point

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

We do kill people in comas or on life support. We give that decision to whomever is legally in charge of that person while they're in that condition. Be it next of kin or spouse or whatever.

I didn't say anyone can kill a baby just because it can't talk. I said that we recognize a child to have the ability to make it's own choices or speak for itself and that responsibility goes to the parent until a certain age. Which would also hold true for a fetus as well if it's true for a child. So any argument that a fetus is somehow independent of it's mother on any level is false.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So everyone against this is also against "sanctuary cities" for illegals because these localities are violating federal immigration laws.

No coz that's different!

They have nothing to do with abortions.

The illegals just want a chance to be reborn to a better life.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Teikiatsu

We do kill people in comas or on life support. We give that decision to whomever is legally in charge of that person while they're in that condition. Be it next of kin or spouse or whatever.

I didn't say anyone can kill a baby just because it can't talk. I said that we recognize a child to have the ability to make it's own choices or speak for itself and that responsibility goes to the parent until a certain age. Which would also hold true for a fetus as well if it's true for a child. So any argument that a fetus is somehow independent of it's mother on any level is false.

Except when a pregnant woman is assaulted and loses the child the person who assaults her gets charged with murder.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So no real answer then. I'll give you points for originality.

hahahahahahahaha

Either a state has a right to violate federal law or it doesn't.

No counter argument then. I'll give you points for quibbling.

hahahahahahahah

So in your opinion each and every single federal law is equal?? Wouldn't that mean all Federal Laws should have to have Equal punishment as well??? So any violation of any Federal Law would mean Death right??? Is that what your trying to say???

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I wonder what the rise in cost for Social Programs and Welfare/Food Stamps will be to cover all these new unwanted babies that are being brought in to this world??? Plus the medical bills, daycare, etc. Because I imagine many of these women who are being forced in to birthing them won't be able to raise them without help from the Gov.

That doesn't even start to explore the extra costs of a couple generations of it going on. Or any other ramifications this may have from the boom in population.

Better vote bernie, then.

He will take care of everyone!

Cradle to grave.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

and those laws seem to put quite a few women in jail because they miscarried the fetus..so what is your point?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You're avoiding the question, and that's okay.

You're answer isn't as important as the point I was trying to make.

*shrugs again*

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You're avoiding the question, and that's okay.

You're answer isn't as important as the point I was trying to make.

*shrugs again*

I didn't avoid it at all.

You asked if violating one Federal Law is the same as Violating any Federal Law. My answer is obviously No it's not. Depending upon what Law it you're talking about or what Laws you are comparing there is a Huge difference.

Is that better???

I didn't realize I had to spell it out for you like that for you to understand.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

the states don't have the right to ignore the federal law against pot, or any other federal law on the books. it's just matter of weather or not the gov't wants to go after the lawbreakers. and they have arrested some of the pot growers in those states.
but when it comes to the issue of abortion, we aren't really talking about federal law but rather constitutional law as it was interpreted by the supreme court. which is why if they try to enforce this law, more than likely it will be taken through the court system and shot out by the supreme court.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: shooterbrody

and those laws seem to put quite a few women in jail because they miscarried the fetus..so what is your point?

That I am confused
When the mother chooses abortion it's not murder
When someone else causes the mother to lose an unborn child it is murder

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Now this question will be asked of all candidates, GOP and dembs. "How do you feel about the Oklahoma abortion ban and making Doctors felons if they perform an abortion"

"Sounds like a state issue. Let it work through the courts. Next question?"

Yes, it's a state issue until some smart ass reporter decides to ask national candidates their opinion on the dumb ass Okie legislation.

Do you honestly think the dembs won't use this ammunition to discredit the national republicans. It's almost as if the Republicans want to lose. Oh, it will work thru the courts alright and be blown sky high in the national media.

This BS isn't doing Trump any favors either!

"Why are you asking me a question about a single state? I'm not running for Governor. Next question?"

Are you so ignorant as to think that state issues don't affect national elections? "Dr. charged with a felony"

"Ignorant? I'm not the one who can't read the Constitution and the responsibilities of the President. You are too biased to be taken seriously as a journalist. We're done here."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Except when a pregnant woman is assaulted and loses the child the person who assaults her gets charged with murder.

Well, I guess a woman consenting to an abortion isn't the same thing as being violently assaulted by someone else against her will. So that kind of makes sense doesn't it.

You see on one hand you have an assault against another person. On the other hand you have a medical procedure that is being done with consent by all parties involved. So it's not exactly the same situation is it??

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the states don't have the right to ignore the federal law against pot, or any other federal law on the books. it's just matter of weather or not the gov't wants to go after the lawbreakers. and they have arrested some of the pot growers in those states.
but when it comes to the issue of abortion, we aren't really talking about federal law but rather constitutional law as it was interpreted by the supreme court. which is why if they try to enforce this law, more than likely it will be taken through the court system and shot out by the supreme court.

Please quote the Constitutional law.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well, I guess a woman consenting to an abortion isn't the same thing as being violently assaulted by someone else against her will. So that kind of makes sense doesn't it.

You see on one hand you have an assault against another person. On the other hand you have a medical procedure that is being done with consent by all parties involved. So it's not exactly the same situation is it??

Only if you don't consider the unborn child to be a person.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What's the difference between federal law and constitutional law?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join