It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National "Send a Nude" Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Fantastic. Well this certainly helps restore my faith in society. It's being hashtagged in social media sites and is a "Trending Topic" on FaceBook. How many underage kids are going to try to "be cool" and follow these trends?

www.gq.com...

This crap is being shoved down our throats. No wonder so many of my friends and family have separated themselves from social media. Crap like this is societal pollution, I have nothing wrong with human anatomy or sex or any of it, as long as it's 2 consenting people who are adults. But promoting these trends with hashtags and plastering it all over Facebook and whatever else is not sitting well with me.

Today, it seems like everything has to be sexualized and over-sold to us. The media is frickin disgusting. Looking at the direction society seems to be heading, I'm afraid to have children.

Yes, we can just ignore these things and move on, but this is absurd. I bet if we were to analyze the data, a nice percentage of the people using this hashtag/ "Trending Topic" are under the age of consent. The younger crowds are more active in social media and technology in general, AND are much more easily influenced. They often don't realize the level of impact decisions can have on the rest of their life. What if you have a falling out with the person you send it to, and now they are blackmailing you or embarrassing you with their friends? You might say "Shouldn't have sent it", well when you were 13 or 14 or whatever adolescent age like that, did you ever make a mistake you wish you could take back? They won't get that chance. This shouldn't even be a "National" day.

This is just sickening.

The "dudes" of today are wearing ponytails (I'm not talking about the Vietnam Veteran - style, if you know what I mean, I'm talking about the stupid man-bun), and the edgy chicks are shaving their heads. It's all very confusing, I'm sure there are reasons some of these trends and topics are being pushed to the forefront and being labeled "Trending Topics", even though they are only "Trending" because FaceBook is in bed with certain groups and wants to tend to their wishes.

Anyway, I didn't mean to digress talking about man-buns and women shaving their heads (nothing inherently wrong with it, I'm not hating on you if that is your style, but it goes to show how easily a trend can get momentum AND helps fuel the fire of the whole sexual identity-confusion thing we're seeing today.

Blood pressure through the roof, ending my rant here but looking forward to discussing this with my fellow ATSrs.
edit on 19-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If I ever have a bun on my head, it'll be under a 1/2 of hamburger, covered with onions and pickles and ketsup.

Though why I would ever want to put a tasty hamburger on my head is a mystery.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got your pic by the way. Thanks.

I think.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How did I know you would be along shortly with a funny comment? lol you're always so clever

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm a Nevernude.

There are literally dozens of us.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I got your pic by the way. Thanks.

I think.

"Draw Me Like One of Your French Girls"

link   

Kind of a hard topic to pass up on.

link   

Huh? You already have hairy legs and pits.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We're getting older and society is changing. Things have moved quite rapid in the last ten years and things that are acceptable now would have offended the majority of people a decade ago.

As long as I'm not expected to join in these shenanigans or forced to wear a bun wig, then live and let live. Detach yourself from social media and advise friends of a similar ilk to do so as well.

To be fair, I didn't know anything about 'send a nude' day, until I read this thread. It isn't being splattered all over the mainstream channels.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh awesome, I gotta go check out my facebook. I have some pretty hot female facebook friends

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thanks for your comment - I've been more active on social media than I usually am because of MS804 EgyptAir tragedy and talking with friends on FaceBook. I guess I get personally upset about these "trending topics" because I have a little sister who is easily influenced and I worry. Anyway, I value your advice and think you are right about "live and let live". Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
SlapMonkey

ANUSTART

I love that show. Currently making my way through Netflix's season, which is only slightly less good that the original 3 seasons.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So Facebook can censor conservative news, but will show naked booties?

hahahahaha

Censorship!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So Facebook can censor conservative news, but will show naked booties?

hahahahaha

Censorship!

Apparently, facebook doesn't like breastfeeding boobies either.

Wonder if they're down with the blue-footed ones?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm having trouble imbedding some images, can someone help me?

NO WAIT!!, why is everyone running away?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just sent everyone I know a pic, #ankles, #wrists, #neck and they kept saying I am behind the times and a prude!

This day is a no-go for the fully clothed and I don't use social media so I won't be looking for any friends in their birthday suit, either!
If someone used this stupid day to send me a naked pic, I'd get a restraint order on them.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

LOL, so would I

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Oh, wow........how do the websites even allow this sort of thing?? Underage people are allowed to use them, so such shouldn't be acceptable. Proof, right there, that they want to corrupt the kids! SO glad mine aren't into that sort of nonsense! It's a real blessing to have teens that are modest, and actually know when something isn't appropriate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join