It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me why I should vote for your candidate for President!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ponies you say? Well, since you put it that way, he's got my vote!

Wait, does this make me a Brony?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Trust me, you don't want a pony.

IF you have a place to put one, (where they have a stable stall, and pasture access), it will STILL cost you about $150 a month in food and upkeep (minimum).

And kind of hard for an adult to ride one.

If you then have to board one (because you don't have a ranch or farm), add another $150-$300 a month (depending on your area...figure the middle for most places)....I know, because this is kind of my side business (boarding horses).

So beware of boot-headed wizards promising you a pony!

edit on 19-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What I do see is clinton being more active in equal rights for minorities/LGBT more than trump.

Pretty much dead issues. The Supreme Court decided the main sticking point, and both candidates support that decision.

Clinton has publicly stated that she believes in science, especially in the case of climate science and Trump thinks it's a Chinese conspiracy

The "science" behind human-induced climate change simply hasn't panned out. New information comes out weekly showing how the prediction models' projections haven't panned out, and that if anything, we may be entering a global cooling vs. a global warming period. Simply put, the amount of time we humans have been actively (and reliably) recording the weather is but a drop in the ocean of the Earth's timeline, so we simply don't have enough data on man's impact over time to make any kind of valid statistical analysis. The Earth has gone through massive climate change before, way before we were ever around to affect it.

That said, it doesn't nullify the arguments calling for cleaner energy, etc., but it does mean the cost analysis needs to make it feasible over fossil fuels. The simple fact is that currently, fossil fuels run the world, and different solutions need to be slowly (and cost effectively) phased in.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One final reason.

Hillary is so evil, that she had no problem getting a child rapist (that she obviously knew was guilty) off when she was a lawyer. Even laughs about it in an interview: (see for yourself in her own words)

Now, the meme that is going around kind of takes a few liberties with this...but it doesn't change the fact that it is pretty obvious that she feels (even knows) the man is guilty, and thinks it just fine that she got him off with county time served (a couple of months).

Even if one truly thinks Trump is a bigot or racist....Hillary is a frickin' monster.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am voting for the hottest First Lady and Bill ain't it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Has there ever been a First Milf?

edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the candidate I liked is intelligent, reasonable, mature, and has a lot of common sense

so he got 1% of the vote, lol

martin o'malley, and as a governor experienced a lot of the executive decisions a president faces, budgets, judges, legislatures, unions, natural disasters, crisis, etc

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: amazing

What I do see is clinton being more active in equal rights for minorities/LGBT more than trump. Clinton has publicly stated that she believes in science, especially in the case of climate science and Trump thinks it's a Chinese conspiracy. He might just be saying that to pander to the hard right voters during the primary. I believe it worked, but with the small nuances, I feel like Clinton is a better candidate than Trump.

I don't have a friggin' candidate in this race...........and you've obviously already made up your mind as between Clinton or Trump and considering that there isn't a third party candidate with a chance in hell of winning this, I really don't see the point of your OP!

I'm just giving you my opinion right now. If I get some really compelling reason to vote Trump though, I would. Mind isn't made up right now. I want to see what you think guys think are the big differences on policy. Why you think Trump is better. This is a thread to discuss the real issues and not the parroted propaganda we get in all the other threads.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's the hair so I go with Trump. What's her name is like a continuous bad hair day. Not to mention he'll turn Congress into living hell till he gets the deal he wants and they know it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Nickn3

Has there ever been a First Milf?

Im voting for the Saints from steelport. Stripper poles in the whitehouse!!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We've been voting for the lesser of two evils for a long time now and look where that got us. To continue to do the same thing is the very definition of insanity so I'm leaning heavily toward Johnson if he wins the Libertarian nomination.
He can work with both parties and will work hard to find solutions rather empire building. He believes in freedom rather than serfdom for American citizens.
No, we won't change the past 150 years overnight but if we don't begin somewhere----nothing will change---the same big money owns both major parties so it really won't matter whether it's a Dim or Repub.
In reality, the local elections are far more important than the national so that's where we need to start putting third party candidates into office. One or two third party candidates in each state house can really make a big difference in most states.
People say they don't like the choices offered and yet they cling to the two-party system like it's a security blanket and they're afraid of losing. Be brave. Voting for either of the major parties just encourages more of the same. You would have to mentally challenged to continue to do it. There are over 100 people running---surely you can find someone whose views match a majority of yours.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Trump - because it's not a crooked politician!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: amicktd

I don't think that's a new idea, in case you haven't been paying attention for the past 15 years. But Trump has called repeatedly to audit the Fed.

So yeah, Trump. Why? Because he doesn't take any #.

So you support his notion on printing more money?
Trump was mocking them...That's been going on for a number of years...The even have a name for it...It's called 'quantitative easing'...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If not Sen Sanders, I will throw my vote to the green party. I do not want to vote in a warhawk, nor would I want to vote in a corporate owned politician. Both Hilley and the Donald are the 1%, so I am not interested in either of them.

Simply put I do not want to vote for evil or greed and I feel a vote to continue the status quo would be exactly that.

edit on 20-5-2016 by AlaskanDad because: typo removed With

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I thought you were a Brit. Have I confused you with someone else? Apologies.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Vote for Donald John Trump. He's the only candidate that has actually done on a small scale, what he's promising to do on a grand national scale.

Since you didn't ask us to explain why we don't like the opposing candidate(s), I won't go there.

Please post the results of your poll when you have enough feedback from ATS members, Amazing. Thanks!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm just giving you my opinion right now. If I get some really compelling reason to vote Trump though, I would. Mind isn't made up right now. I want to see what you think guys think are the big differences on policy. Why you think Trump is better. This is a thread to discuss the real issues and not the parroted propaganda we get in all the other threads.

The differences in policies are on the one hand, stark, and on the other......it doesn't matter much.

Foreign Policy? Obama has played the Dead Hand; by example of Benghazi, Clinton plays the dead hand; Trump has few good options and will probably play the dead hand as well. The Clintons do have a bad record on handing over military technology secrets to the Chinese and conversely, the US military hates the Clintons and probably won't cooperate with Hilary on much of anything.

Domestic policy? Hilary will basically be Obama 2.0 with an emphasis on expanding abortion availability, more free student loans which will cause tuitions to rise. Then she'll be blocked by Congressional gridlock. Trump doesn't have a domestic policy that can or will be approved by Congress.

On the only issue I care about is the 2nd Amendment rights and on that issue, Hilary has the opportunity to appoint Leftist/middle class hating Justices to the Supreme Court and as well, Clinton will or could do a lot of damage to the exercise of the 2nd Amendment via regulations. Again, she despises the US middle class and is anxious to disarm them to equalize victimization by violent crime.

There you go. My thoughts.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hillary has made it perfectly clear that if she had her way, guns would be completely banned.

Why is this important? It isn't so Bubba can go hunting. It isn't so you can protect yourself from a burglar (although both are solid enough reasons). It is because our founding fathers knew that an ARMED populace has less of a chance of being completely subjugated by a government. Does it mean we'll start shooting at Congress? No, but it is a check and balance, and removing this vital point seriously undermines our freedom, because the ultimate check and balance is now removed.

I thought you were a Brit. Have I confused you with someone else? Apologies.

I grew up a lot overseas, but nope, I am American by birth, and by citizenship, and have resided here now for a couple of solid decades. Because of my travel as a youth though, I tend to have a more global view on things. My ancestry is all British, but my family has been here since 1638, so before the US was the US, lol.

If you (OP) truly want to see where the candidates differ, it isn't hard to find.
2016election.procon.org...

That site sums it up pretty well in digest form, though I prefer this one:
www.ontheissues.org...

There's even a match tool for you (though it includes those that have dropped out, sadly).

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I do not want to vote in a warhawk, nor would I want to vote in a corporate owned politician

Wait, you think Trump is a warhawk?

Nope, wars cost too much. That's only an option if we're going to get something out of it.
That's been one of his biggest beefs all along, how we engage in warfare with no return.
He even wants to re-evaluate our overseas roles and military commitments. How on Earth is this warhawking?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join