It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Aide to Hillary Clinton Testifies About Email Server

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well it has finally begun, HRC aides are being questioned under oath about the HRC machines email server. It looks like we may hear the results as early as next week and this could be quite damaging to Hilley's campaign. Why did HRC feel the need for a private non secured email server when she was SoS, that is a big question that needs answered.

A former aide to Hillary Clinton when she was secretary of state testified behind closed doors for two hours Wednesday in the first in a series of depositions that are likely to raise more questions about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server just as she prepares for an election campaign against Donald J. Trump.

At least five other officials — including two of Mrs. Clinton’s top aides at the State Department, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin — are also scheduled to testify in the lawsuit over the next six weeks in what promises to be an unwelcome distraction for the Clinton campaign.

Thomas Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, who took part in Mr. Lukens’s deposition, said afterward that he could not discuss the substance of the testimony because of the ground rules set by Judge Sullivan. But Mr. Fitton predicted that once the testimony is publicly released — perhaps as early as next week — it would show “why the State Department and Mrs. Clinton have slow-rolled this and withheld a complete explanation of what went on with her email system. What we learned is going to be embarrassing to Mrs. Clinton and the administration — maybe more than embarrassing.”

He refused to elaborate, citing the court’s restrictions.

source

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

One point to note is that this is part of the FOIA lawsuit Judicial Watch has filed and is a separate proceeding from the FBI criminal investigations.

Now, that being said, it could possibly impact the FBI investigation if any answers given in these depositions conflict what the FBI knows already based upon what they've learned from Clinton's, the State Department's, and Pagliano's servers.

Additional counts of perjury come to mind with the potential to durther add to obstruction charges.

I'd hate to be in the Clinton camp right about now.

Here is my thread showing the rest of whom and when they will depose.
edit on 19-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not the FBI investigation. This is that judicial watch bull#. Carry on.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder if the JD depositions will be made available to the FBI?

Conflicting "testimony" and lying come to mind.

Excellent topic

S&F

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah because foia and transparency from our govt arent important in any way.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Another point to note is that this is the lawsuit in which the judge determined that the State Department did not act in good faith in response to a FOIA request and the Hillary could be deposed depending on what is learned in the current round of discovery.

Oh, one more thing. The judge who made the above determination was appointed by Bill.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I really don't think anything will come of this anymore than anything came of the Benghazi hearing. Clearly wrong was done... the problem, the real problem that is, is that she violated nothing in doing so. She will be "vindicated" and that might just put her on the crest of a wave that gently crashes at the White House door.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah because foia and transparency from our govt arent important in any way.

Well.... It isn't important to a Hillary supporter. Especially if there is a paycheck involved.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

she violated nothing in doing so.

You don't see where she violated any law?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You do?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You do?

I certainly do.
She received classified info from a person that has no security clearance and did not report it.
She sent classified info, including Top Secret info, and stored it on an unprotected server.
She handed over all of her emails to people that had no security clearance for 'safekeeping'.

All are violations, and that is just a beginning.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't think she sent classified emails and even if she did... the proof doesn't exist.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't think she sent classified emails and even if she did... the proof doesn't exist.

The emails have been released. The proof is there.
The emails are redacted because we are not allowed to read the sensitive info. 22 emails are so sensitive that they were not released at all.
You should go to some of the threads that are about the emails and check them out.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Classified after...

There's nothing I'd like more than for something she did to be illegal and then Bernie would be President but...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Classified after...

There's nothing I'd like more than for something she did to be illegal and then Bernie would be President but...

"Classified" "After" because she didn't make the email(s) available to the authorities until long after she left office.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Classified after...

Hillary was an Original Classification Authority, due to her position as Secretary of State of the US. It was her job to mark the information that she generated with the level of classification that it needed. She failed at that too.

She kept the existence of the server hidden.
When she was caught, she deleted 30,000 emails with no government oversight, then she turned the remainder over.
So, when people started going through them, they noticed that a lot of the information was information that required a security clearance to view.
You see, that information was the same Top Secret, Secret and Confidential info that it was when she typed it in an email. The info was classified the whole time.... she just failed to do her job and mark it properly.

The whole 'Classified After' thing doesn't work.
edit on b000000312016-05-19T14:43:30-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 19 May 2016 14:43:30 -0500200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Hillary was an Original Classification Authority

I want to see the appointment orders.

due to her position as Secretary of State of the US.

I want to see something in writing naming her position as SoS defacto OCA.

There's nothing I'de like to see more than anything that would utterly condemn her to prison. I don't think she would have a clue as to what being an OCA actually represents. I have my doubts that she would take on the responsibility ... just because. It would only be her ego that would trip her up.

But, if she was an OCA, she was probably brought up on charges by Eric Holder behind closed doors ... plead guilty ... and pardoned by 0bama.

Liberals despise classified information. If Hillary Criminal gets away with it ... will this set a legal precedent and eliminate all future prosecutions. Is there one form of justice for us and another for the elites? LOL

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There's nothing I'de like to see more than anything that would utterly condemn her to prison. I don't think she would have a clue as to what being an OCA actually represents. I have my doubts that she would take on the responsibility ... just because. It would only be her ego that would trip her up.

But, if she was an OCA, she was probably brought up on charges by Eric Holder behind closed doors ... plead guilty ... and pardoned by 0bama.

Liberals despise classified information. If Hillary Criminal gets away with it ... will this set a legal precedent and eliminate all future prosecutions. Is there one form of justice for us and another for the elites? LOL

I believe EO13526 from Dec 29, 2009 is what designates the SoS as an OCA.

Link here
edit on 5/19/2016 by atomish because: Date clarification on EO

ETA: I believe other users have posted the agreement she signed that has been put forth as proof she did indeed know what her responsibilities as an OCA were. I will try to find this if someone else doesn't post it first.
edit on 5/19/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Bingo!

Pursuant to the provisions of section 1.3 of the Executive Order issued today, entitled "Classified National Security Information" (Executive Order), I hereby designate the following officials to classify information originally as "Top Secret" or "Secret":

The Secretary of State

Information is considered classified for a specific duration:

Classification duration may be defined (1) in terms of a time period measured from the origination date of a d0cument (i.e., at a future date) or (2) in terms of a future event which must occur prior to declassification.2 If a date or event cannot be specified, then a classified document containing NSI will be marked to indicate that the originating agency's determination is required for declassification.*, 14 The specified marking is "Originating Agency's Determination Required" or "OADR." This indicates that the agency that originally classified the information (or originated the document) has the sole authority to determine when the information (or document) can be declassified. Therefore, for classification decisions, the question is whether a duration of classification can be specified for classified information or whether no duration can be specified so that declassification must await the actual disclosure event.

CLASSIFICATION DURATION

"a time period measured from the origination date of a d0cument"

Not

"from when the document is reviewed at a later date"

The duration of classification (the time period for which the document is considered to be classified) begins the moment the document is created.

Lewis Lukens on linkdin

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Whitehouse.gov
^^ This is a link to Executive Order #13526 by Barack Obama naming the position of Secretary of State as an OCA.^^

Pursuant to the provisions of section 1.3 of the Executive Order issued today, entitled "Classified National Security Information" (Executive Order), I hereby designate the following officials to classify information originally as "Top Secret" or "Secret": TOP SECRET Executive Office of the President: The Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor) The Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism The Director of National Drug Control Policy The Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy The Chair or Co-Chairs, President's Intelligence Advisory Board Departments and Agencies: The Secretary of State

The previous EO also had the department heads listed as OCA'S.
Executive Order 12958

edit on b000000312016-05-19T15:31:01-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 19 May 2016 15:31:01 -0500300000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join