It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Folds: Gives Up On Pursuit Of Trump Alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Looks like Mitt Romney is halting the efforts to stop Trump.

According to "close advisors", the #nevertrump meme has been dumped.

The Republican Party appears to be consolidating because they know they have too in order to beat a Democrat candidate in November.

But according to the story, Mitt is still hating Trump on all fronts.

Watch for clever Democrats to create false rumors anyway.

Romney Folds: Gives Up On Pursuit Of Trump Alternative

Mitt Romney has ruled out a third-party presidential bid and has stopped recruiting others to attempt their own, close advisers said Wednesday. The news suggests Romney has thrown in the towel on the #NeverTrump movement and resigned himself to the Republican Party’s nomination of Donald Trump, as much as he detests it.

That doesn’t mean Romney is happy about Trump or is ready to endorse his candidacy though. He still hopes a candidate will emerge to stand against Trump, his allies say.

“He’s very distraught about [Trump],” a Romney adviser told Yahoo News, which first reported the story. “He thinks Trump is this vulgar, dangerous, principle-less, value-less opportunist — putting it mildly.”

Republicans Unifying ?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I like the last quote in the snippet you provided, doesn't that describe almost all politician's?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah it does, he's got a lot of room to talk huh?

Aside from this though it does look like the republican party is attempting some sort of unification.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
They all are Asses

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But according to the story, Mitt is still hating Trump on all fronts.

Mitt is just salty because Trump is more popular than he will ever be. Romney was and still is a bad joke.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus I agree 190% Metallicus....

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's funny how the closer we get to the conventions, the more the Republicans are becoming united while the more the Democrats are falling apart.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Simply put, even the GOP RHINOs saw the writing on the wall after Indiana.

And now that the latest two polls show Trump ahead of Clinton....Romney's not going to get any traction or support for further sabotage. GOP leaders finally wised up to the fact that any such attempt would mean the END of the GOP as a party.

To be honest, it's more than I gave them credit for.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Its very telling when it is more about winning then what about the people want, it is sad really.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I know you said almost all. But it definitely does not describe Ron Paul. Too bad so many people would rather have a Trump or Clinton.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I've always like the Doc. but as far as I know he isn't going to be running anymore.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey Mitt...

As though he ever had a chance.
edit on 19-5-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Romenys pro wrestling name would be "Slick Mittens"

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I guess Romney is getting over his bad case of extreme jealousy. He has probably received a lot of negative tweets, so he sees the handwriting on the wall.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Simply put, even the GOP RHINOs saw the writing on the wall after Indiana.

I suspect internal polling showed how the Cruz - Kasich alliance could only embarrass itself from that point onwards.

And now that the latest two polls show Trump ahead of Clinton....Romney's not going to get any traction or support for further sabotage. GOP leaders finally wised up to the fact that any such attempt would mean the END of the GOP as a party.

Nobody wants to cop the blame when Trump loses to Hillary Clinton. That is all a Romney Surrogate could have accomplished. At worst the candidate would have split the Center Right vote and wrecked the GOP as a party.

To be honest, it's more than I gave them credit for.

As out of touch as Romney is with the American electorate even he had to see the writing on the wall.
edit on 19-5-2016 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join