It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Vote Against Funding to Combat Zika

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think either party should piss away funds before we know what in the hell they are going to spend it on first.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

edit on 5192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edit on 5192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Didn't you hear? You have to pass a bill before you can find out what's in it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Interesting!

No. It's not. It's a Xuenchen thread. The old fox has a habit of posting from sources that you really need to look at very closely indeed, because they never quite support what the title says.

It's interesting to me because I wrote a post on the major media-blaming of republicans for not backing this bill yesterday.

There's nothing substantively different between that "blame" and xuenchen's link. It's ALL media spin and I wonder who will get the blame when there is a spike in worldwide cases after the Rio Summer Olympics and leading up to the November election?

The WHO gave their blessing yesterday to let the games go on as scheduled.

My money is that republicans will take the blame though and that's the plan. I don't believe the spin in the OP article is going rule public opinion.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Not directed at you. . .

(mini rant)

Heaven forbid if you question the government passing a spending bill against Zika or anything else. People automatically start accusing you of being "FOR" the virus or disease!

And why is it that spending tax-payer money equates to solving the problem?

"Just spending" millions of dollars doesn't cure a ####ing thing!

Screw both democrats and republicans for thinking that they can get away with spending ANYTHING just because it's "against" a disease!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EternalSolace

And why is it that spending tax-payer money equates to solving the problem?

The simple answer is that it hardly ever does. And when it does, it's not on any meaningful scale.

If I'm reading the CDC webpage correctly, they have around a 11.5 billion dollar budget. Surely they can find the funds to conduct extensive research for a ZIKA vaccination with that...

OVERVIEW OF THE BUDGET REQUEST

edit on 5/19/2016 by EternalSolace because: Added comment and source.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Both these parties just want to throw money at this problem that actually requires no money be thrown. I am glad that they aren't wasting more of our tax dollars on this even if their reason is moronic. Anything it takes to keep these fools from spending more 'money' that they don't have is a good thing in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hmmm, the bill should have nothing to do with abortion because taxes don't pay for abortions. I get that the virus can cause major birth defects but Uncle Sam isn't going to pay for an abortion.

The Dems are wasting our time here.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Oh I agree but that's not how DC works. Smart and responsible spending? That'll never happen.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh I agree but that's not how DC works. Smart and responsible spending? That'll never happen.

Wait? I thought you were a Bernie supporter? Is that incorrect?

Why would you support the candidate with, by far, the biggest spending plan if you know Congress will be irresponsible with the money?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: introvert

What about the other things she said in the link I provided? Did you conveniently ignore that?

Here are some more resources for you.

Margaret Sanger Wikiquote

Margaret Sanger Founder of Planned Parenthood In Her Own Words

I know very well about some of the things she has said. My point was that she did not say what you posted in that meme.

If you wish to make a salient point, at least make sure it's an honest one. Spreading bull# detracts from any real point you may of had.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Let us pray the government does not declare war on Zika.

The recent track record, war on drugs/poverty/terrorism.

Millions of Americans would die...

World War Zika

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Let us pray the government does not declare war on Zika.

The recent track record, war on drugs/poverty/terrorism.

Millions of Americans would die...

World War Zika

The idea in those wars is not to win, but to keep it going as long as possible as that is how money is made. Like cancer (which they have a cure for), why cure it when it costs 1000X more to treat it? They care about getting rich not winning a war of anything.

Just ask the CIA how the war of drugs is going....Its like a drug dealer declaring war on other drug dealers.....and the drug dealer has his own police force.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join