It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican tries to block nominee from office because he is a Muslim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Back that one up.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Is there a Christian requirement for being in Republican party?

There might be...Republicans never wanted me.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Of course I do. Everyone should be given a platform because depending on their actions people will decide whether or not to throw their support them. I prefer to hear both sides of the argument though, and in this case both sides have their flaws.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Where is it a fact that MOST Muslims want sharia law?

Sounds like an excuse to condone the behavior outlined in the OP.
Actually it supports it quite strongly.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

None.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm glad you think so.

What is the argument here? One man says a Muslim shouldn't hold a precinct chair, and another man says he should be able to.

Where is the flaw on the side of the argument that says this man *should* be able to hold his chair?

link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yuppers. Here's another one.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The flaw is that both sides are using religion as an excuse. This pastor is a nobody just trying to stir the pot, and if the man was a radical or even moderate Muslim he wouldn't be in the position he is in. A part of the problem is that the SJW's are so fast to leap on this mans side just for the sake of being PC that it's almost cringe worthy.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Back that one up.

why you getting freaky with kali?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Back that one up.

I don't know how so many people are still misled on Sharia "courts".

Link

Are there 'Sharia courts' in Britain? While there are undoubtedly lots of different councils and tribunals dealing with Sharia principles, they aren't courts of law. Most are Sharia 'councils' set up to make decisions on purely religious matters, although there are some bodies that mix Sharia principles with legally binding arbitration. But none can overrule the regular courts.

Across the United States, religious courts operate on a routine, everyday basis. The Roman Catholic Church alone has nearly 200 diocesan tribunals that handle a variety of cases, including an estimated 15,000 to 20,000 marriage annulments each year.1 In addition, many Orthodox Jews use rabbinical courts to obtain religious divorces, resolve business conflicts and settle other disputes with fellow Jews. Similarly, many Muslims appeal to Islamic clerics to resolve marital disputes and other disagreements with fellow Muslims.

Pew

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

People should not defend the Constitution else they be SJW's now?

WUT!?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

In case you haven't been paying attention, this pastor is a nobody from nowhere, and is not going to prevent anyone from getting into office. This is back page tabloid news at best, just like the gay wedding cake story.

But because the Liberal media has latched onto it like a dog with a bone, making it a big issue because it involves a Muslim, the SJW's are following in stride.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

People should not defend the Constitution else they be SJW's now?

WUT!?

When did an SJW every defend the 2nd amendment?

Try NEVER. They defend whatever is on their given agenda.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When did an SJW every defend the 2nd amendment?

You never defended the 2nd before? Shame on you.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Squirmy aint it? Have you looked at your own threads lately? You big ole SJW you.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Resistance is futile.

You will assimilate to shariah.

And it will all begin in Texas.

Yeah ridiculous when you read it out loud isn't it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Keep defending Islam idiots.

Defending separation of church and state and religious freedom for ALL, is not equivalent to me defending Islam any more than it's equivalent to me defending Christianity or Judaism. They're all nuts, IMO! But, to each his own. Personally, I support "freedom FROM religion" first and foremost.

Amen, sister Windword. Preach it!

On topic: If a Christian can hold office, so can a Muslim, Witch, Buddhist, and so on. As long as they can separate their religion from their duties as a public servant, and to the constitution, there is no reason to block them from office because their religion differs from the majority in the U.S. The moment their religion gets in the way, they should be removed, whatever their religion is.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Huh? I guess threads about 80's music and Donald Trump makes me an SJW. I'll give you a star for entertainment value.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nothing else then?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Facts? No facts, just conservative prejudice. When all you read is conservative blogs and listen to conservative shows you end up believing this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join