It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"AWAKE" Dating site for Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Did a search and didn't find this topic...oddly enough.

Awake Dating features all the normal bells and whistles of a dating network, but with the caveat that most — if not all — the users consider themselves “awoken” to the true nature of reality. Under this wide tent are the lovesick eyes of every variety of truther you can possibly imagine.

Fidden believes his site will empower fringe thinkers who have been ostracized from ‘normal’ social circles because they hold outlandish and stigmatized beliefs that are not part of standard consensus reality. He doesn’t even subscribe to the word conspiracy theorist, instead preferring “early adopter of inconvenient truths.” Even if one is not looking to date, there is an element of world-building on the site, too. The community features a virtual 3D environment called “Awake City,” where members can meet each other in avatar form.

Article
Trying to figure out if the added feature of a virtual city for a dating site will coax people out of the basement or not...

Here's what it's like...

Instead of using the term "conspiracy theorist," which is often "employed to discredit and ridicule," Fidden prefers the term "early adopter of inconvenient truths."

The beta version of Awake Dating launched on April 13, followed by a series of short YouTube ads.

By the end of May, Fidden plans to launch an Indiegogo campaign, which will allow members to continue using Awake Dating for free. If he raises enough money, he will also launch the "3D City" feature, a virtual environment where members' avatars can meet and chat.

One member writes that they are interested in "human beings who 'get it.'" Another writes, "10 or 20 years ago, I would have considered myself closer to normal — but these days? Any who, I'm 46 years old, divorced, not terrible looking, Libertarian, and more or less on the fringe politically." The people on Awake Dating tend to be older than 35, and there seem to be a lot more men than women. Many describe themselves as misfits or "misunderstood."

I think this best describes many of us here. It's difficult to carry on a conversation about what we read here, and what we believe just to folks in general, let alone those seeking a romantic connection without some rolling their eyes at you like you are koo-koo bananas. So members of ATS, is this is good idea? In my opinion the hazards of online dating would still apply, if not more so..because like any group of people, we have our fanatics...

EDIT TO ADD...Somebody seriously needs to help them come up with a new jingle...

edit on 19-5-2016 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2016 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
...Somebody seriously needs to help them come up with a new jingle...

When you ditch the black 'copters and work up the nerve
To find your True Love who hates the Federal Reserve
Who understands the alphabet agencies are trying to suppress
Your rights as a Freeman (Don't pay the IRS!)
Technology from aliens, you both understand
Is being manipulated-the Illuminati plan
The Powers That Be, your life they will take
You can fight them together, because your AWAKE!!!!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I've seen that . It's just a cover for CIA black ops.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

the " awake dating servive " - ensuring your date is as batcrap crazy as you are - free tinfoil hats to every couple

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I've seen that . It's just a cover for CIA black ops.

They were clever with that one... I was *this* close to signing up

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

They need to have a tour function so you can look the site over, but I guess the alphabet agencies could get in too easily. Now they've made them desperate lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This could work... but "awake" in what sense? Politically or spiritually? BIG difference. Huge.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hmm...

A government approved dating site for conspiracy theorists?

Seems legit.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And this is how the reptilians get to breed with the woke humans..those clever b--tards!

This is going to require a entire tin foil suit, not just the hat!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

If the reptilians were smart they would stay away from women.

I think if there ever is an alien invasion instead of unleashing bacteria on them we can let the women handle it, they can nag them off the planet.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord

This could work... but "awake" in what sense? Politically or spiritually? BIG difference. Huge.

Fidden imagines the site as a judgment-free zone for people who hold non-mainstream beliefs. The world can seem like a lonely place for conspiracy theorists, he says.

"My wife and I were lucky to 'wake up' together some two odd years ago," he writes in an email. "To find an awake partner to share your interests with — That is a true blessing. So Awake Dating was born as a premium platform for discussion, networking, and meeting others who share their interests and view of 'reality.'"

SOURCE
I take this to mean whatever creates a personal reality or set of beliefs compatible to your own, be it political, spiritual, or whatever.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SaturnFX

If the reptilians were smart they would stay away from women.

I think if there ever is an alien invasion instead of unleashing bacteria on them we can let the women handle it, they can nag them off the planet.

Weak women nag ...strong women take care of business themselves without saying a word.

edit on 19-5-2016 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I like strong women. Good for working the plough.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like strong women. Good for working the plough.

When there's no good men around..hell yes.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

While they are working the plough are you good at housework and cooking etc? - had to ask.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
....are you good at housework and cooking etc? - had to ask.

I'm okay

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I made an account but now I can't log in lol. Seems broken. "Please wait for confirmation of the registration process."
I already got a confirmation email and clicked the link, and it brings me to awake.com and once again says, Please wait for confirmation of the registration process". Infinite loop of annoyingness really. Oh well, figured it was too good to be true
edit on 12016053120201620161905 by LostWoods because: eddddittt

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I heard about this dating website on Jimmy Fallon. He said the pick up line would be " Do you come here often and were you followed?"

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LostWoods

Thats because they're zeroing in on your location....if you see a van that's says Flowers By Irene parked across the street....

Sneak out the back

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join