It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS=Depression - just reading the title threads changes a persons outlook/attitude towards life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Has any one noticed that after reading some of the topics here on ATS after a while (3-4 months+-) it becomes depressing and the out look on life that before was upbeat, bright and positive becomes doom and gloom and just #ty to say the least. The majority of the topics are depressing and glum. it really saps any motivation to keep positive about moving forward in life...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

That may not be the case for everyone. I'm finding that ATS is becoming a really important news source for me as well as being extremely entertaining. The world sucks sometimes and being overwhelmed with information can take its toll but I like that the categories are broken down so if I don't want to read about certain things, I can avoid them.

link   

Yeah, this year is a rough one, it would seem. So many threads about so many ways mankind can turn against each other...

Hang in there mate

link   
Reading the headlines in a newspaper can have the same effect for the same reason.
The world is full of discouraging situations.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I'm not asking this to be flippant towards you: if you notice that coming around here makes you feel depressed to the point that you describe, why do you keep coming back?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've seen a bunch of comments like this on here lately, and honestly I think it's just because ATS isn't as much of a safe space that some people want it to be.

There was a member on the "All the Best Trump Videos" thread the other day saying they are leaving ATS because *gasp* most of the videos were supportive and tongue-in-cheek rather than negative. Grow up.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Reading the title of this thread depressed me

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This thread would be better suited in the 'rant' category/section.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It hasn't always been like this.

ATS has changed into a more mainstream political forum. Politics is depressing, because the world is failing and people cannot discuss politics in a positive manner.

Back in the day it was all UFOs, pineal glands and ancient mysteries - all things to spur on creativity and get the groups debating nicely.

ATS is promoting the MSM agenda nowadays which is depressing and controlling.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

That may not be the case for everyone. I'm finding that ATS is becoming a really important news source for me as well as being extremely entertaining. The world sucks sometimes and being overwhelmed with information can take its toll but I like that the categories are broken down so if I don't want to read about certain things, I can avoid them.

Isn't that the main problem in the world? A reason as to why we are in this position, by not wanting to read certain things?

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The world dint end in 2012 and everything went downhill from there on...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

But it's a forum where you can literally write about anything, if you have a problem with the topics then start an interesting thread.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I feel the opposite. Vindicationis a powerful motivator. Consider Snowden. He told the world what we, here, had surmised and ruminated upon for nearly a decade, much to the ammusement of the less well informed. The truth being made known is a light that shone in darkness, and still shines now.

Sure, nothing has changed, but the knowledge that we are precisely as oppressed as we thought gives me strength. It reminds me every day, that it is necessary to be watchful, that I am not mad, that the skepticism I treat authority with is justified, rather than being the product of some hitherto undiagnosed psychosis.

As reasons to be cheerful go, having ones suspicions confirmed as valid, rather than as being part of a paranoid delusion is not bad at all!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
if anything online is affecting your life, especially aiding depression, you should take a break.

Too much info can be a bad thing, especially if it's redundant.
edit on 539am3106America/Chicago15CDT06America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Isn't that the main problem in the world? A reason as to why we are in this position, by not wanting to read certain things?

iTruthSeeker

The truth is that we live in a day and age where we have the opposite problem with information that we did decades ago. We have too much information about the evils of the world. Remember when, on national television, they used to show American soldiers caskets being brought home from war and everyone raised such a fuss that they do not do that anymore? Well, people are choosy. The horrors of the world bring the views and the views bring higher cost per dollar for ad space which means more money for the station.

Not to be cliche but ignorance really can be bliss.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It wasn't the topics I found depressing it was the realisation thanks to some wise and knowledgeable heads on this site that all that I'd believed over the years in regard to ET visitation was wrong and without any real substance.

It took a while to come to terms with but my ignorance had been denied.

If topics depress you then be more selective about which links you click , there is more than doom and gloom here.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If you skip the "identity-crisis" threads not much is happening.

Identity-crisis means:

Politics either one of the sides-
religion either one of them-
culturalism or nonculturalism either one of the aspects-
genderism either one or both or none of them-

We need a good earthquake, hurricane or impending asteroid I guess

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'm sure its different for everyone. For example, I was working on a chapter for a novel the other day and I needed some weird lyrics for a "poetry/fight!" which breaks out in a far-future university in Hell. I fed the first 20 thread titles here into the "Language is a Virus" cut-up generator and struck gold.

Made me smile anyway.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its good because it shows that the cr@p that the Matrix throws at us everyday, is having less and less affect.

Just laugh at them all, especially the entities that are pulling the strings of the elite.

Those faceless elitists hate being mocked at how brain-dead and predictable they all are.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Sure, it can work that way, but if all that you're doing is reading the headlines and forming your outlook on life from those, then you're doing it all wrong.

Personally, I skip on many of the emotionally charged threads (or, at least, the emotionally charged thread titles) and focus more on the news. Yes, much of what is going on in our world is on the negative side of life, but you can take any negative and use it as motivation to be a more positive individual in the way you live your life and affect other lives.

Don't let the negativity suck the positivity out of you, because you must remember that, at the end of the day, it's just people and their opinions, and most opinions are based on limited knowledge of the topic at hand.

Just look for the facts and decide for yourself and you'll be fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join