It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and U.S. to set up shop, secret space facilities, in Argentina: A race to mine the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
FULL TITLE: China and U.S. to set up shop, secret space facilities, in Argentina: A race to mine the moon and further explore Antarctica

The U.S. and China appear to be engaged in a face-off to mine the moon and further explore Antarctica
By Shepard Ambellas -

INTELLIHUB

May 9, 2016

www.intellihub.com...

PATAGONIA REGION, ARGENTINA (INTELLIHUB) — For years it has been well-known by national defense experts, in both the U.S and abroad, that the Earth’s moon is abundant with Helium-3 (³HE), a non-radioactive isotope that can be used in a variety of applications as a safer source of nuclear energy. Helium-3 is rather rare on Earth, which is estimated to contain less than 100,000 metric tones in total, compared to the moon’s estimated quantity of 5 million metric tons and is likely the reason the race is on between the U.S. and China to strip mine the moon.
A former Executive Officer of a U.S. submarine, confirmed to Intellihub’s Shepard Ambellas, back in the late 90’s, just how valuable the element is and told Ambellas, at the time, that Helium-3 was indeed already being used in secret military applications such as underground bases submarines in the fleet beyond the Seawolf-class.
“One of the main reasons helium-3 is sought as a fusion fuel is because there are no neutrons generated as a reaction product. The protons that do get generated have charge, and can therefore be safely contained using electromagnetic fields,” John Hewitt wrote in early 2105, predicting that China would be first to robotically harness the isotope from the moon’s surface.
. . .
CNBC reported:

It is a possible fuel for nuclear fusion that could solve energy demand on Earth for 10,000 years, at least. Platinum, another rare mineral here on Earth, is believed to exist in large quantities on the moon and could be used in various energy applications, he said. “Once you take a mind-set of scarcity and replace it with a mind-set of abundance, amazing things can happen here on Earth,” Jain said. “The ability to access the resources of the moon can change the equation dramatically.”

Sounds to me like the plot is thickening.
Interesting about the subs already using H3.
I'm certain that China would LOVE to out perform, maneuver the U.S. in such moon mining regards.
Perhaps the oligarchy wants China to pull such a stunt for a reason. Hard to figure.
Certainly shifting to a mentality and safe, pollution free mentality of abundance would be a MAJOR shift.
Time will tell.
Your thoughts on such news, events and prospects?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Given the fact that the US owes trillions to China, and that China recently surpassed the US in term of first economical power, I am guessing the plutocracy is now speaking mandarin, if you get my meaning.

edit on 19-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Given the fact that the US owes trillions to China, and that China recently surpassed the US in term of first economical power, I am guessing the plutocracy is now speaking mandarin, if you get my meaning.

Thanks.
That's plausible, to me. LOLOL.
However, the oligarchy supposedly has also engineered DNA pathogens or some such in order to destroy black and Asian races. I hope that's not true. I certainly don't believe God will allow that to succeed, if it is operant.
I know that the college age students of a number of high tech friends are studying Chinese diligently.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Whether China, through it's new found economic growth or the US, with it's proven space tech, I hope "We the People" - Average Joe/Joanne earthlings see the economic and environmental benefits.

As indicated, the Military has already been taking advantage of the technology. I see nothing wrong in a space race. Both sides will gain from the attempt. Technological advancements, Economic growth, scientific exploration etc etc etc.

Start your engines......

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Whether China, through it's new found economic growth or the US, with it's proven space tech, I hope "We the People" - Average Joe/Joanne earthlings see the economic and environmental benefits.

As indicated, the Military has already been taking advantage of the technology. I see nothing wrong in a space race. Both sides will gain from the attempt. Technological advancements, Economic growth, scientific exploration etc etc etc.

Start your engines......

I certainly agree with you IN PRINCIPLE.

Alas . . . I'm skeptical that the rush of history will allow it to achieve much fruition--at least in the next 8-15 years.

The oligarchy seems to be much more determined to trash civilization as we have known it with the arrogant presumption that THEY will survive and create a NEW WORLD ORDER on top of the ashes they so carefully and universally engineered.

ONE of my griefs about that is the complications, AT LEAST, of furthering technological progress amidst such chaos and destruction.

I fully realize that they are withholding massive numbers and amounts of secret tech back in their deep bunkers and elsewhere in order to bring it out only after the population has been reduced to 500,000,000. They have been convinced that to bring such redemptive tech out sooner would mushroom the global population to 25 billion. That would risk their grip on power. And, they've been convinced it would destroy the planet with pollution and mankind. That's a lie but it's a convincing one.

Thanks for stopping by. Much appreciated.

edit on 19/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: grammar

edit on 19/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: wrong figure

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Interesting reply.

One that I wasn't expecting nor had anticipated.

Sits back, sips morning coffee...

Humanity, imho, in one way, shape or form, will get through this ... somehow.

I'm an optimist. Always have been. Even when the chips in my personal life were not just down but decimated. I've always had the perception that things will improve. Either through happen stance or drive and determination. I have more faith in my fellow Earthling, I'd give us Terra Kids a bit more credit. We are a formidable group when we all pull in the same direction instead of all the infighting over trivial matters.

Humanity has just begun it's Space faring chapter...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Bwahhahahahaha.
You can't mine the moon. You can't even land on it. Good luck to them though.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Slayer, I agree with you. Despite episodes of despair and frustration with frequent misuse of our potential...damage that we do to ourselves, our planet, I too have strange hope. We have music! Beethovan, Gershwin, Copeland, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, Billie Holiday, Sarah Mclachlan, Annie Lenox, Ani DeFranco, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen, the Pixies, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash...oh, heck, I'll stop right there...You know where I'm going with this, whether through art, words, computers, engineering ---- our hands, hearts, and voices create amazing things!! And we trample the flowers and leave a lot of trash behind. We have learning to do.

I'm a child of the cold war, a sci-fi nut from a tender age -- got my mitts on used issues of Analog magazines, then on to Asimov, Bradbury, Heinlein (that old perv), Ursula K. Le Guin, Philip K. Dick.... wow, I had such dreams for humanity. The space program seemed to falter during the 90's (well the space program as we were told), but I believe we have entered a new era of potential. With commercial space development comes a new wave of possibility - joint ventures among international companies can keep one country from gaining a monopoly.

China is certainly poking at us with a million needles and inserting a million straws to tap our computers and steal our tech --- gee, wonder if the U.S. engages in that behavior? I am a loyal red white & blue citizen, but honestly, I would love to go sissy slap a few of our leaders in various places. But I jump up on the soapbox and say: "People, we are at our best when we roll up our individual sleeves and get to it. Right here, right now, whether you're stuck in a cube in an office building, driving a truck, holding a baby, hefting a hammer, fixing a jet engine, planting a garden - you hold this moment in your own hands, and the next, and the next."

OK so the election is a tragi-comedy, countries are collapsing around the globe (Syria, Honduras, Venezuela...heck U.S. territory of Puerto Rico!), the climate is indeed shifting --- OK OK..it looks bad, so be honest and look at your own existence, how can you keep your own family and community safe? Through this I am certain there'll be hysterics and loss -- and there will be innovations and new solutions.

We humans are a ridiculous, messy, beautiful, hot mess. I'll throw my bet in that we'll make it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Actually, the US is still far ahead of China (with an economy 60-70% larger), unless you're going by a measure other than GDP. The US also only owes China somewhere around $1.3T, less than 1/4 of what the US owes itself. But yes, they are an economic powerhouse as well.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Interesting reply.

One that I wasn't expecting nor had anticipated.

Thanks, much, for the honor of that.

Sits back, sips morning coffee...

Humanity, imho, in one way, shape or form, will get through this ... somehow.

In general, I agree. But a 50% reduction in population . . . blood as high as a horse's bridle . . . not pretty. Not fun. Not nice. Not a picnic.

It's 'gotta' put a crimp in a LOT of development.

I've often wondered to myself . . . if . . . God uses this boot camp . . . to primarily train souls/individuals to be galactic rulers. And that not much more than agrarian culture would suffice for that. What if He allows human evils to more or less mush things over good every 10,000-25,000 years back to the very basics? Then maybe He sends in his angelic forces to really obliterate almost all signs of earlier technologies? Conceivable.

I'm an optimist. Always have been. Even when the chips in my personal life were not just down but decimated. I've always had the perception that things will improve. Either through happen stance or drive and determination. I have more faith in my fellow Earthling, I'd give us Terra Kids a bit more credit. We are a formidable group when we all pull in the same direction instead of all the infighting over trivial matters.

Humanity has just begun it's Space faring chapter...

FROM THIS current perspective, that seems highly likely. I'm not placing any bets, yet.

There's a Bible verse:

"Though they make their nests among the stars, yet will I bring them down."

We certainly live in an interesting era--in the Chinese meaning of the word.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why would mining the moon be so secret? Why build in Argentina of all places?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
the moon is a death star loaded with aliens and pyramids

pffft

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nobody is going to be mining the moon, for helium-3, until it becomes cheaper than making it.

No one is even remotely close to that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

the moon is a death star loaded with aliens and pyramids

No it isn't, as it is a base not for aliens...but Nazi's.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

top topics

join