It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this the begining?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You ignored the fact that they have been caught shadow banning and suppressing content under the radar. Then instead of coming clean, they lie and deny it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So what? Don't use their services then. Nobody is forcing you.
Protest using a different platform, or buy some server space and create your own, no censorship there...or are you owned by YouTube or something?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Like I said.

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: thekaboose

Fortunately there are plenty of people willing to call them out on their BS instead of just running away from it, which is why many of these platforms are being forced to back peddle.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yay for you!

I couldn't give a toss if YouTube censors what is on their servers, I am not censored on the wider Internet and am free to present whatever I wish on my own server space.
If your only outlet for expression is YouTube and ATS then unlucky.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So basically your saying instead of protesting, go hide in a corner while the platforms that have an overwhelming monopoly on social media influence the world as they see fit.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nope, I'm saying if you depend solely on a company like YouTube for your expression then you are their slave.
Protest as much as you like, I'll only start giving a # when my freedom to express myself with my own server space is threatened, it is not.

You gonna whine that ATS doesn't allow hateful bigotry as well or is it the size of the company that matters?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

In case you haven't been reading my posts, I'm not talking about just hateful bigotry.

They have been caught censoring discussion and news sources that talk about illegal immigration, Islam, and even negative PR against candidates like Hillary Clinton. Then they lie to their user base and deny it.

Exclusive — Immigration Hawks: Facebook Engaging in Deliberate Suppression of Our Content

Angela Merkel caught on hot mic with Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg over anti-immigration posts

#DropOutHillary is now censored from Twitter drop down menu

Twitter is censoring #dropouthillary, over 100k tweets in 24hrs
edit on 19-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

do or say stupid sh*t...get banned from websites, bars, get fired from your job.

its that simple

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ah I read that of course but my point stands, we are not censored in the wider internet and until we are I am untroubled by what the businesses do. I don't even have a YouTube account.

So yes protest as much as you like, but if I wished to protest say a store I would just stop using their service - would you call that running away as well or an obvious old fashioned boycott protest?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

except when we watch murder videos on you tube, thats ok right, but if you hurt someones feeling on youtube...... banned.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

the queen does really do stuff and has power and money beyond most in this world. the tv tells you otherwise. do some real research

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

never once said that your reaching and trolling speak to original content

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

like i said it was an opinion mixed with real fact if you did watch the videos the youtuber(her rival) did very well at editing as to make look like a grand wizard of the kkk, but really she was just your basic racist(of which most of us are no matter what you tell your self) that decided to gather real facts and speak her personal opinion.

although this isnt about the racist b+++tch ,this is about censorship, at what point do words become crime? excluding words in a conspiracy to commit crime

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

thank you for bringing a fresh perspective and new face to the discussion and bring more info then i had, this what was the thread was for, to open a discussion, not to pick apart my original op as some would have it

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If you reduce this to what it actually represents, it is nothing more than a privately owned business conducting business in a private-owned fashion.

It is not discrimination because it is based on the behavior of a member (like a creeper flashing customers in a diner) and not on anything else. If this person just stated they are racist, they would not have been banned, just like if a diner customer stated that he likes to flash people. But actively being racist or actively being a flasher is totally different.

Also, Youtube is not a public service.

While I agree...what you are saying is that this business is allowed to refuse business to this individual because of their beliefs and opinions. But that a baker who is a business owner can not to the same without legal repercussions when he doesn't want to make a gay wedding cake?

That sure reeks of hypocrisy, unfairness and discrimination. Don't cha think?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In the name if fighting racists criminals terrorists

Eventually everyone will be targeted

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Abysha

If you reduce this to what it actually represents, it is nothing more than a privately owned business conducting business in a private-owned fashion.

It is not discrimination because it is based on the behavior of a member (like a creeper flashing customers in a diner) and not on anything else. If this person just stated they are racist, they would not have been banned, just like if a diner customer stated that he likes to flash people. But actively being racist or actively being a flasher is totally different.

Also, Youtube is not a public service.

While I agree...what you are saying is that this business is allowed to refuse business to this individual because of their beliefs and opinions. But that a baker who is a business owner can not to the same without legal repercussions when he doesn't want to make a gay wedding cake?

That sure reeks of hypocrisy, unfairness and discrimination. Don't cha think?

No. And you are illustrating why so many are frustrated with conservatives on this issue. For a long time, I assumed it was intentionally obtuse pretending that kept them sounding so silly. But I am becoming convinced that many just simply can't grasp the difference.

Reacting to a person's behavior is not the same as discriminating based on who that person intrinsically is. For example, I would not be able to kick a Christian out of my cafe just for being a Christian but I could kick that same Christian out if he started giving sermons to the other costumers who are trying to enjoy their tea.

Can you seriously not see the difference?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of what? What are you trying to say exactly?

People getting banned from YouTube because they've said something that many people have found offensive and flagged it? WWWOOOOOOOOWWWW what a shocking revelation. Where the heck have you been hiding since YouTube appeared? This has been happening for a long time. It's not new.

YouTube is a PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED WEB SITE.
If you break their ToS, then tough titties go cry to your mummy and daddy about it.

Using YouTube is not your right, it is a privilege given to you by the people who created and operate YouTube.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

i notice that those that blindly follow a queen often have the same response as you did, i hope there are still some left that truly believe in freedom.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

so many are frustrated with conservatives

why put a label on it why not just say someone that doesnt agree with me and i dont agree with them.

oh thats right you have been brainwashed by media to label people and then distance yourself from those people and only group up with people that you do agree with.

you and we as a people are lost, and that is why the people in charge get rich off our dimise

find a way to fight it instead of support it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join