It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory of Earth Being Our God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

oh yeah the greatest marathoner of all time is also one of the greatest predators, they keep moving for about 70 years or so and dont stop to rest

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
So to what thick haired predator are you referring to. Or are we now doing all species to justify your point.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

i am referring to a sea faring creature that supposedly evolved like the rest of a species of this earth, no hair but a marathoner and great predator, didn't he evolve just like the rest of us?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

i must prepare for my old ladys graduation tonight so as much as i would love to talk shop with you i must go. but ill leave you with this

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Clearly not cos he's in the sea and we aren't. Please for sanitys sake do a small amount of research on evolution. Please. Don't care if you believe it or not, just have a better understanding cos I don't believe you to be as unintelligent as you are portraying. Only then can you laugh at claims like that in the video rather than blindly believe it.

Just remember you can have both god and evolution if you choose to, you don't have to pick one or the other. Only when u learn more about it may you realise the lack of a need for god to put all the pieces together.

Have a good day and GL to your wife.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: SuspiciousTom

The Earth is an infinitesimal nothing in the vastness of the universe.

Our ancient ancestors worshiped things carved out of stone & wood. Now, in the age of the Internet & space travel, here we go again.

There is a difference between treating the Earth, the planetary organism of which we are a part, with reverence, and believing that splashing some goat's blood on a lump of rock can bring us prosperity or wreak havoc on our enemies. We know now that humanity is the result of billions of years of cosmic evolution... from the primordial soup of the "Big Bang," through generations of stars fusing hydrogen into heavier elements, then those elements coming together to form our solar system, then us. We now understand that we are the product of the Cosmos, in a very real way. There's nothing wrong with viewing Earth as our Mother and showing her some respect.

It just seems to me that God should be 'greater' than creation. The attribution of deity to 'the created' seems rather paltry, primitive and insufficient to explain nature.

God, by very definition must be supreme, over and beyond everything else.

When God was asked about who He was (by Moses), He replied "I am".

God is not defined by the universe or anything in it. His existence defines all else.

We shouldn't "foul our nest", so to speak, that is a given, but similarly we shouldn't anthropomorphize the environment we find ourselves in. It is not conscious, intelligent or 'caring'.

The same way our cells, have come to make the body, it is possible that all of life on the planet is an emergent body. The internet can be viewed like connections between neurons and synapses. Water pipes, electric cables and highways something analogous to veins. Life on a different level, but with emergent properties.

There is the Pantheistic view which is one where "God" does not exist outside of nature but *is* the nature.
edit on 20-5-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

we also need shelter, predators can live in the elements without shelter or clothing, we also need clean water and cooked food,preadators just need any water or blood and dont need to cook to survive, predators can just use there god given bodys to hunt, we need tools,we also need fire and friends as to not to become prey, pack predators can put aside there petty difference and protect themselves from most adversaries and other predators,

if we are so advanced why do we need so much babying just to survive as a species. if evolution was true we would have all the animal quality's that we dont have, and human qualitys we now have and truly be an ultimate predator, but we are not, we are an intelligent beings that survives through thought and teamwork , humans in this world could not stand toe to toe with an animal predator(and some cases plant eaters), wether it is surviving any given environment and or one on one combat to the death.

so why did we evolve frail and weak in a harsh cruel and unforgiving wilderness?

another thing, why would our strength decline? if we descended from monkeys would we not keep the strength monkeys now have( i believe pound for pound chimps are close to two times stronger then us), you know survival of the fittest?
and all.

You're asking all the right question brother. Foxes have dens, birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head. We are meant to stay on earth like a baby is meant to stay in the womb; only for a short time, until development is complete. We are currently Developing in mother earth until we develop to the point to join our Father in His Kingdom - this is the second birth.

In response to the OP, I think the earth is like a mother's womb, integral to cosmic procreation, but not necessarily God. Similarly, Plato called the earth a receptacle for the development of souls.
edit on 20-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
I was sitting and thinking the other day, Earth fits the perfect criteria to be our "God", ...

No God is spirit. Like the national spirit, family spirit, father spirit, mother spirit and so on.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Our ancient ancestors worshiped things carved out of stone & wood. Now, in the age of the Internet & space travel, here we go again.

There is a difference between treating the Earth, the planetary organism of which we are a part, with reverence, and believing that splashing some goat's blood on a lump of rock can bring us prosperity or wreak havoc on our enemies. We know now that humanity is the result of billions of years of cosmic evolution... from the primordial soup of the "Big Bang," through generations of stars fusing hydrogen into heavier elements, then those elements coming together to form our solar system, then us. We now understand that we are the product of the Cosmos, in a very real way. There's nothing wrong with viewing Earth as our Mother and showing her some respect.

It just seems to me that God should be 'greater' than creation. The attribution of deity to 'the created' seems rather paltry, primitive and insufficient to explain nature.

God is not defined by the universe or anything in it. His existence defines all else.

We shouldn't "foul our nest", so to speak, that is a given, but similarly we shouldn't anthropomorphize the environment we find ourselves in. It is not conscious, intelligent or 'caring'.

The same way our cells, have come to make the body, it is possible that all of life on the planet is an emergent body. The internet can be viewed like connections between neurons and synapses. Water pipes, electric cables and highways something analogous to veins. Life on a different level, but with emergent properties.

There is the Pantheistic view which is one where "God" does not exist outside of nature but *is* the nature.

Yes but the idea is broken at the point of first cause.

Only something beyond time could be free of the limitation.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Apparently the DNA of Body Lice, and Pubic lice, diverged about a hundred thousand years ago, before that we had a nice covering of hair all over our bodies . So not that long ago we were monkey men.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

and how do we link to them again?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A blank piece of paper is not a writing until it has a word on it. The Universe (Earth/Gaia) is probably like the paper while God is The Word and The Word is Love since Love is what keeps Life thriving so Love is Life.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is definitely more sense in worshipping nature and the sun (and moon) than other imagined gods.
edit on 2252016 by TheWorldIsYours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
"Foxes have dens and birds have nests but man has no place to lay his head"

Lmao. Foxes can make dens, birds can make nests but humans are unable to make shelter like most the other animals out there. THAT IS PRICELESS.

Did caves not exist before jesus? So laughable.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: cooperton
"Foxes have dens and birds have nests but man has no place to lay his head"

Lmao. Foxes can make dens, birds can make nests but humans are unable to make shelter like most the other animals out there. THAT IS PRICELESS.

Did caves not exist before jesus? So laughable.

Son of Man is not the same as a human, otherwise he would have simply said man. Son of Man is the spiritual offspring - the second birth - that rises from man. Just like the butterfly could be considered the son of a caterpillar, the Son of Man (notice the caps) is the Heavenly offspring of the human. Unlike foxes, birds, etc, this spiritual entity has no place to lay its head - this is because it is a spiritual, non-physical Being.

So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me..."
edit on 23-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Yes but the idea is broken at the point of first cause.

Only something beyond time could be free of the limitation.

That is if you insist on the idea that an all-creating God exists outside the realm of nature.

It is a Western invention - that God created nature and God created man as if they were separate things.

Man comes from nature.
edit on 29-5-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Worship the creation instead of the creator.....huge mistake.....huh!!!
spotted that one right away.....

the only way to get this is to read it....read it well.....there in your supernatural help lies....that's what you're after, anyway....
edit on 29-5-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I've believed this theory for about 20 years now, it's only logical to believe that our planet is a sentient consciousness with the ability to communicate with us, wasn't it Edgar Casey who referred to it as the entity.
edit on Sun20165V201649131 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join