It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory of Earth Being Our God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was sitting and thinking the other day, Earth fits the perfect criteria to be our "God", It's nothing big but I like to share these random thoughts that run through the mind, and with that said lets get straight into it.

We start at evolution, before being called a God, we must call one a creator. The Earth as we know it is the creator of everything within it. The Earth completely manages and regulates itself. The theory of evolution has long been discussed and has it's points where it falls short and can't really cover everything. It's sometimes hard to believe we were just fish, that decided we wanted to walk. However, if you look at it from an angle of the Earth maintaining itself then you'd notice, there are worms to nurture soil, which allows soil to be fertile which allows trees to grow which allows us oxygen and so forth. The world is extremely complex and everything seems to have it's own use. And each animal/insect/species is created to regulate another. If it were just evolution we'd probably all be just plant eaters, every life form, however the Earth in regulating itself knows what it cannot have too much of and must create something to regulate it. Humans? We're the only current species that seem to not be here to regulate but be complete parasites. But if you look beyond our programmed minds gone completely wrong. We're the perfect defensive mechanism for this planet. We are essentially limitless. Man's current knowledge is limited by our own made up concept of money. We're pretty much Earth's AI defence system gone wrong. But essentially my belief would be that we're here to protect Earth from pretty much anything it wouldn't be able to protect itself from(i.e Asteroids & such). Also, to note, we are perfectly fine tuned for our world, every living thing in this planet can survive and is made to survive within this planet. The earth is the only thing that can compile a living thing to run within it's conditions and it will be that way until man can learn enough about the environment sufficiently. Pretty much like programming.

So far man has built many pyramids and many other unexplainable feats for reasons we do not know. Nor are we completely sure of how the Earth's magnetic field originate. Could we possibly have somehow increased the strength of it? Humans have existed for over 2 million years and as you can see like no other creature, were the only ones interested in the universe more than even our own earth. Almost as if it's coded within us. Just as each animal seems to carry out a specific task, so do we. The Earth is a life form, probably not by our definition of it but it is. It's just as complex as we are.

The concept of heaven and hell, long passed down through centuries and centuries make somewhat sense. If you die and you were "good" you got to heaven. You were "Bad" you go to hell. Hell has been described as hot burning flames beyond our wildest belief and heaven, clouds, dreams and aspirations. We do have clouds and the core/mantle is certainly hot. But that's just christian mumbojumbo, not something I'm interested in really.

Now this will come off as a bit "Wot?" to some people but I'll still take a shot at it. The Earth is the one true controller of anything. It's the only thing that can get you killed at any point in time. How? Well if you can conceptualize the idea of us being chemical reactions, it also can bring forth natural disasters and many times these 'miracles' that we cannot explain. Life has far too many factors to ever control. It's a tad bit hard to explain but lets just say if any offset isn't perfect, meaning, that 1 random dust particle that blew on you today, could tip your scale and kill you(I don't know give you cancer or something random, that reacts with your current atmosphere and lo & behold, poof).

TL;DR Earth created us, we're fine tuned to it's environment. It's the only thing that's omnipresent, and the only thing that knows what we "Think"/"See"/"Do" because as our creator it's a part of us. Essentially we are the earth regulating the earth, but have lost our way.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

You are nature, and your body comes from it.

It belongs to it.

It does not exist independently.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

these are all big questions and statements brother, cheers to that. what i do know if we were just smart monkeys we would still have hair covering our body's whether it be man or women, and if if there was a great spirit there would be ones on this earth using that fact to ones advantage.

we dont have hair covering our bodys(well most of us).

and there is a great portion of the population using the idea of a great spirit to control and enslave the population.

these are irrefutable facts that we all must face. Its up to the rest of us to stop the ones that know the truth and use it against us.

once we do that we can live as true neighbors and familey

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

For a lot of people that is the root of pagan belief. People knew they depended on Mother earth and when you then bring in the cosmos, the heavenly or solar father. Together they give us life. Belief was practical and simple. It also gave us the star religion which the church has been determined to wipe off the face of the earth and ridicule people who still believe in its principles. The Shaman, another ancient concept took care of the 'other worldly' things that people thought important and journeyed to it for advice from the ancestors, spirits etc etc. Some think its vastly superior to the political religions we have had foisted on us.

I think you took a good shot at it.

edit on 19-5-2016 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

may i ask what you mean by the star religion?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thewindwaker

Sure, the study of the planets and how they affect life on earth - as above so below etc. You will find all major cultures and a lot of minor ones followed the stars and especially the planets which they used to predict outcomes of things and when it was a good time to do something. horoscopes from Sumerian and Babylonian times, the community at Qumran, India, China, the ancient Incas, Mayans etc. You will find ancient observatories all around the world. Today astronomy has taken over and the public focus is on new planets and asteroids etc.

Ever since Nero's time though it started to be kept more secret until today where its openly mocked although still very much in use. The reason being that it was believed you could predict death and Nero got the wind up when he realised if his own astrologer could predict his death, so could others. Queen Elizabeth used Lilley as her adviser and a lot of celebrities and business men use it today albeit the adage astrology is not for the common man applies for the same reason that Nero had.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

thank you, i figured that is what you meant. i worked for an astrologer for a while and it left me with such a fascination for it and especially its history. unfortunately it wasn't long enough, but his library was open to me when i did manage to find some free time.

it's a shame about it now tho. i feel the more i research it, the less i understand, so many different views. perhaps because it went into such secrecy.

thank you for the reply. i really appreciate it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

The Earth is an infinitesimal nothing in the vastness of the universe.

Our ancient ancestors worshiped things carved out of stone & wood. Now, in the age of the Internet & space travel, here we go again.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
I was sitting and thinking the other day, Earth fits the perfect criteria to be our "God", It's nothing big but I like to share these random thoughts that run through the mind, and with that said lets get straight into it.

More random thoughts. This would put quite the crimp into the major religions, as it should. It also brings a more "immediacy" into our lives concerning our relationship with God/Earth. Not a bad thing.

Playing a what-if here, what if you're right then I could easily see how this would tie in to Vallee's term "the control system" and it's manifestations as an extension of God/Earth interacting with us. Still mysterious, yet ultimately more understandable, sort of.

Realize I looped off there a little bit but it's what first occurred to me besides the obvious, that the closer you are to working within the seasons and natural rhythms the closer you would be to God, in a sense. Without getting all wound up into religious debate and along these lines definitely not trying to get into an ecological debate either!

Assuming tho that God is our Earth and assuming God gives you what you need, not what you want, climate change would be a part of this in keeping us moving and not static in our locations/settlements/cities. We resist this but looking at things long term humans in general were more flexible in moving around in previous times. You could make the case that by moving around we had to get smarter. Now that we are doggedly sedentary with our communities we are dumbing down?

There are many ways to go off into tangents with your OP!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Our ancient ancestors worshiped things carved out of stone & wood. Now, in the age of the Internet & space travel, here we go again.

There is a difference between treating the Earth, the planetary organism of which we are a part, with reverence, and believing that splashing some goat's blood on a lump of rock can bring us prosperity or wreak havoc on our enemies. We know now that humanity is the result of billions of years of cosmic evolution... from the primordial soup of the "Big Bang," through generations of stars fusing hydrogen into heavier elements, then those elements coming together to form our solar system, then us. We now understand that we are the product of the Cosmos, in a very real way. There's nothing wrong with viewing Earth as our Mother and showing her some respect.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: chr0naut

There is a difference between treating the Earth, the planetary organism of which we are a part, with reverence, and believing that splashing some goat's blood on a lump of rock can bring us prosperity or wreak havoc on our enemies. We know now that humanity is the result of billions of years of cosmic evolution... from the primordial soup of the "Big Bang," through generations of stars fusing hydrogen into heavier elements, then those elements coming together to form our solar system, then us. We now understand that we are the product of the Cosmos, in a very real way. There's nothing wrong with viewing Earth as our Mother and showing her some respect.

It just seems to me that God should be 'greater' than creation. The attribution of deity to 'the created' seems rather paltry, primitive and insufficient to explain nature.

God, by very definition must be supreme, over and beyond everything else.

When God was asked about who He was (by Moses), He replied "I am".

God is not defined by the universe or anything in it. His existence defines all else.

We shouldn't "foul our nest", so to speak, that is a given, but similarly we shouldn't anthropomorphize the environment we find ourselves in. It is not conscious, intelligent or 'caring'.

edit on 19/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It just seems to me that God should be 'greater' than creation. The attribution of deity to 'the created' seems rather paltry, primitive and insufficient to explain nature.

God, by very definition must be supreme, over and beyond everything else.

When God was asked about who He was (by Moses), He replied "I am".

God is not defined by the universe or anything in it. His existence defines all else.

We shouldn't "foul our nest", so to speak, that is a given, but similarly we shouldn't anthropomorphize the environment we find ourselves in. It is not conscious, intelligent or 'caring'.

That's a opinion rendered by human writers LOL!
No one can confirm who or what God is or isn't, not you, not me and definitely not a bunch of men from a couple of thousand yrs ago. All we can do, if we are inclined is to "guess".

"God is not defined by the universe or anything in it. His existence defines all else."
We don't know this for a fact either.

Humans for aeons have looked for answers outside of themselves. Hence the "god" construct. Bringing this closer by theorizing Earth as God doesn't diminish the mystery. It makes much more sense that Earth as an organism communicates with us, than something "out there".

Plus there is the point to be made that listening to disembodied voices is channeling. Basically Moses was channeling something or other. Looking at it in another view by todays standard he'd be considered a schizophrenic.

The OP has brought us a different perspective that actually makes some sense.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Plus there is the point to be made that listening to disembodied voices is channeling. Basically Moses was channeling something or other. Looking at it in another view by todays standard he'd be considered a schizophrenic.

By today's standard he'd be considered a con man.

@OP: The earth(Gaia) is goddess, not god.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
yes i think they Earth could be God, or One of many Gods yet all part of an infinite God, yes we could all be living embodiment's of the earth that is expressing itself individually and consciously as a single entity, the Earth maybe the Mother the Sun maybe the Father And the Moon maybe the Darker side or something. Or we could have evolved from space rock bacteria and we could be alien parasites to the Earth, I prefer to think of the former as being more the case, but even if it was the latter, we are still all part of some collective unconscious or awareness that is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent or you could say.............we are all part of God, expressing itself in each and everyone of us.
Great thread, and will be reading it all when i get some more time

Regards, Dave.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Not sure if you meant to sound that niave but il bite.
1) we do have hair everywhere, nearly all external cells do
2) please research the evolutionary benefits of not having hair. It is the single greatest reason we became the efficient hunters we were, which in turn led to social dynamics which led to you believing in god. We sweat, animals with hair pant, so they need to stop and pant to cool down body temperature. We don't. Layman's terms so you could understand.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

hair that keeps us warm and safe from the elements

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

and hunters that pant are better then us at hunting. and even though we dont pant while hunting we must still stop and rest just like all hunters
edit on 19-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh how you are so wrong. Eventually we need rest, that's obvious, but we can run for hours without rest. How many animals with thick hair covered bodies have the speed and endurance to last a marathon? Answer is none as they are unable to regulate there body temperature efficiently.

And to what hunters are you referring to that are better hunters than us? I haven't seen too many human rugs in lions hunting lodges recently....

If you mean they are better at what they do then us, you are correct. But in no way shape or form are they better hunters than us.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

we also need shelter, predators can live in the elements without shelter or clothing, we also need clean water and cooked food,preadators just need any water or blood and dont need to cook to survive, predators can just use there god given bodys to hunt, we need tools,we also need fire and friends as to not to become prey, pack predators can put aside there petty difference and protect themselves from most adversaries and other predators,

if we are so advanced why do we need so much babying just to survive as a species. if evolution was true we would have all the animal quality's that we dont have, and human qualitys we now have and truly be an ultimate predator, but we are not, we are an intelligent beings that survives through thought and teamwork , humans in this world could not stand toe to toe with an animal predator(and some cases plant eaters), wether it is surviving any given environment and or one on one combat to the death.

so why did we evolve frail and weak in a harsh cruel and unforgiving wilderness?

another thing, why would our strength decline? if we descended from monkeys would we not keep the strength monkeys now have( i believe pound for pound chimps are close to two times stronger then us), you know survival of the fittest?
and all.
edit on 19-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think that survival of the fittest point at the end sums up your opinion of what you want evolution to be.
Can chimps lift 400 pounds? If u place so much emphasis on strength ( for what ever reason).
Why do you say we are frail and weak? Where do you get that from. If we were frail and weak how are we here today, you know, survival of the fittest?

Your understanding of evolution is quite infuriating. It's not pick n mix.
Way too many flaws to even dissect so I will leave you be.

So if dolphins are intelligent, why aren't they the size of blue whales? Sounds stupid right? Now apply that to what uve said. Still sound stupid?
edit on 19-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join