It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I quit drinking today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I quit drinking today. I'm just not enjoying it anymore perhaps like I once did. I even poured all my liquor down the sink. I'm so done

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
I quit drinking today. I'm just not enjoying it anymore perhaps like I once did. I even poured all my liquor down the sink. I'm so done

So is it heavy drinking, are you saying no wine with a meal, not a beer with the boys
Total abstinence?

Sounds like a challenge...
I might join you just for the challenge
I am not a heavy drinker, just might see if I could stop, totally
and I then think,
why do I want to
and then think,
thats why
because I dont want to

Hmmmm...
edit on 19-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I take it you had problems? Well, congrats! Big step, and it takes strength, but it's a good one.

Mind you, I am not against all drinking, but a lot of people can have issues with it, and it's best avoided in such cases. We all have our weaknesses.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I don't know if you wish to bring the back story for this. But I hope you made a choice for you👍

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Good job. I cant imagine ever doing that.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For how long, though?

Must be a pretty killer hangover.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That's alcohol abuse. Weren't you talking about living in a van just two days ago?
You have a sink and booze. Had. Things could be worse.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Good for you,I quit one day haven't drank alcohol since,just made up mind,all the bad things I had done were connected to drinking,the smell of liquor now makes me queasy,so good luck,think you have to make that decision yourself,so you will follow thru

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance It is very wise to listen to your body! There was a time when alcohol tasted okay to me and then I just couldn't stand it much at all any more. I figure if I am going to consume something that turns into sugar anyways with little to absolutely no nutritional value, I'll go straight up sugar and have some ice cream... at least I'm getting some calcium.
Good for you!😊

I've been drinking a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar in a glass of 8-10 oz water with a spoonful of raw honey everyday for a little over a week and I'm not craving foods or beverages with little to no nutritional value anymore/as much. Just thought I'd share that tidbit.

edit on 19-5-2016 by peppycat because: clarification

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
To start, rather than "congrats", I raise you keeping another from drinking. Most who have been through the "rodeo" know. Unless you can help another beat addiction, your efforts won't stick.

I wish you the best of fortune and good luck with those whose hands you hold. Without them, without your commitment to them, it is REALLY difficult to kick the habit.

You have it in you to help yourself while saving another, so do it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

Whoo hoo! Super duper awesome! One day at a time. Very proud of you ♡

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
well I never craved it or anything. But I just don't care for it anymore. Like I remember liking it a lot more than now. Now it's just got to the point where I find it kinda gross. I just need a good long break from it. That's for sure. I just have zero taste for it anymore. Plus I don't know how bad it's being on my body. I sort of have to consider this stuff more cuz I'm getting older. Like just quit while I'm ahead on that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Im so sorry for you.......meh........lack of discipline. Man up and control your demons. You blaming the drinking on the drinking is bullcrap. You have a problem that you have to overcome. Train yourself to moderation. Take responsibility for your actions. You dont have to come on a forum and post this. Everybody who drinks socially has to deal with the responsibilities of drinking. You sir, let it go too far because you have no control or discipline.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Much grats to you! You'll feel better on this path.

Though, does it mean there won't be anymore question threads such as the tent ones. Sorry had to.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Good for you, depending on how much you drank before the next couple days are going to be rough. Make sure you are willing to see a doc if you feel bad enough.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crusadors
Im so sorry for you.......meh........lack of discipline. Man up and control your demons. You blaming the drinking on the drinking is bullcrap. You have a problem that you have to overcome. Train yourself to moderation. Take responsibility for your actions. You dont have to come on a forum and post this. Everybody who drinks socially has to deal with the responsibilities of drinking. You sir, let it go too far because you have no control or discipline.

You are simply put, an idiot.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

Thats right, I am an idiot.....What I said is truth. Spin it anyway you want. People who discharge their obligation to others are the problem. Never discharge your oblations unto others, take responsibility. I am a drinker, i know what I am talking about. Moderation and discipline is the answer. Dont let your demons come out, keep them in. Serve yourself the appropriate about of drinks and take responsibility for your life.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Thats right, I am an idiot.....What I said is truth. Spin it anyway you want. People who discharge their obligation to others are the problem. Never discharge your oblations unto others, take responsibility. I am a drinker, i know what I am talking about. Moderation and discipline is the answer. Dont let your demons come out, keep them in. Serve yourself the appropriate about of drinks and take responsibility for your life.

Blah blah blah, coming from someone who has most likely not even old enough to drink.

Try being an alcoholic for 20 years and then see how life gives you the freedom of your answers.

pathetic, really.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

As I reply to you with a Miller Light in hand.........Fraternity brother 20 years ago in college (king of binge drinking) and still able to suck down a case if I want. I have learned. I know the way. You are weak, I can tell from you post. Are you recovering? Are you stuck? Have all the women or men in your life left you? Have your family turned their backs on you? Nobody to blame but yourself. Sack up, and enjoy life. Have a beverage or 2 and get on with it. Just dont let it run your life.

Its easy to give in to temptations. Its easy to be a piece of sh#%. You dont have to be. You can control it. You can push it. But, I wouldnt, nothing good comes from pushing it.

The best way....Moderation and discipline. Understanding that you have a job to do, a family to support, a person to be. Understanding that you are the priority, not the booze. Respecting the fact that your an adult and your in control to make the decisions.

Take off with your crazy self. Get help or listen to me.

Blah blah blah, coming from someone who has most likely not even old enough to drink.

Try being an alcoholic for 20 years and then see how life gives you the freedom of your answers.

pathetic, really.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Congratulations on the choice to make your life better. I wish you all the luck in tbe world. Takes a stronger person to stay sober than it does to keep drinking.

My husband recently relapsed for the third time in 20 years. Life is not easy for our family right now. He's still at the point that he refuses to even admit it. He doesn't see the effects this has on our babies.

Stay strong. You can do this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join