It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Translators are here and they are cheap

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: abe froman
Pretty much what it would look like otherwise.

Anyone who matters speaks English.

I guess you have to define "matters"..... I run into people who speak Chinese, Isaan, Lao, Cambodian, and other languages all the time that only know a couple of words of English... They have no need for the language because everyone who "matters" to them speaks a language other than English. In business they hire a translator for 9 dollars a day... simple and no strain on the brain.

My dear wife speaks 2 languages as good as a native and can speak English kinda/sorta/ but some languages are not easy to transition to English.. She can make most English only speakers understand her, most of the time... If not I get the look of "help".

I think a translator that actually works in real time would be GREAT... but ... I will believe it when I see it..

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

yes there it is, thank you very much! get the admins to make it a button in the toolbar
and my apologies to Scramjet, as I see he started it. I guess i just got so used to seeing you update it I assumed it was yours. Great job keeping it up to date though!

edit on 5/24/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join