It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

That would be pretty hard, considering they recovered almost all of Flight 93, and most of Flight 77. The other two were crushed in the building debris when the towers collapsed.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They also found quite a lot of TWA-800. :-)

But then, again those who believe 9-11 conspiracy's tend to also believe in TWA-800 conspiracy's. So, maybe it's a wash either way.

PS: The fact that they didn't find any debris during the first full day of day-light searching in the immediate area where the plane was lost, does concern me. I would expect if it blew-up it would spread debris on the surface (ala TWA-800). If it was mostly intact when it hit the water, I suppose it could have sunk largely intact or in larger pieces that sank immediately. But, to me that would imply some other cause.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: PS

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

EgyptAir Flight 804: Airline official says debris not from plane

Source CNN 30 mins ago

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos said the Airbus A320 made two sharp turns then suddenly lost altitude before vanishing from radar 174 miles off the Egyptian coast. “It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn toward the right, dropping from 38,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet,” he said. Egyptian Civil Aviation Minister Sherif Fathi said the possibility of a terror attack as the cause of the crash of flight MS804 is "higher than that of a technical error"

Source USA Today

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Structural failure would have them going down largely intact and breaking apart on impact with the water, and would be consistent with the radar traces they've talked about.

They also could have spiraled as they descended which could have put them to one side or even just outside the primary search area.
edit on 5/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Should be daylight in the region soon. More information would be nice.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
According to the airline, maintenance checks had been performed on time, with no issues found. No passengers have popped up on any watch lists. The Captain was identified as Mohamed Said Shoukair, and the First Officer as Mohamed Mamdouh Ahmed Assem. Greek controllers tried to contact the aircraft for 10 minutes before it left their airspace, and 90 seconds afterwards unsuccessfully.

There's a storm system moving in that could cause problems for the search as early as Friday afternoon.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 5/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That would be pretty hard, considering they recovered almost all of Flight 93, and most of Flight 77. The other two were crushed in the building debris when the towers collapsed.

First off, I'm not trying to push or fight for a conspiracy theory, I'm just going by what was observed vs. what was presented.

Look at the pics right after the supposed crashes of flights 93 and 77. Then look at what was "found" after the FBI was involved. Pretty different. Not to mention both crash sites were restricted from the public and the media
edit on 19-5-2016 by AgarthaSeed because: Grammar

edit on 19-5-2016 by AgarthaSeed because: None

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

All crash sites are restricted from the public and media. There is a lot of blood, fuel, hydraulic fluid, and in some cases depleted uranium spread around the area. All of that is pretty nasty and can lead to health problems.

As for Flight 93, it's not the first time a plane has buried itself in the ground and not been obvious when you see the crash site. As for Flight 77, most of the wreckage was inside the building.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Not to mention that the WTC debris pile burned for 3 months afterwards - any aircraft wreckage left was burned up

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: FamCore

Yes, the same Hillary who'd welcome Middle Eastern refugees into our country without vetting them

The VERY people America bomb to refugee statues yeah? Europe, my Country foot the bill. We have a few thousand refugee's here and we demanded our Government took some. England (Westminster didn't) So when you say this mate you spit hard on the faces of the people who GLADLY pay to keep these poor families both English/US after they destroyed Countries and cultures. We have it, live with it. America is just paranoid about it mate. All due respect #Alba

Super Famous American Muslims for STUPID RACIST Americans!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

Hours are less important that cycles. Just a WAG, but I'm going to be they're in the 20-25,000 cycle range, maybe slightly higher. Still within the lifecycle of the aircraft, but if it wasn't maintained properly or if something was missed on an inspection, well within the range that you could see a failure of the structure.

Thank-you, Zaphod58. I didn't know that "cycle range" is more important than the number of hours a jet has flown since it was built. I keep imagining this particular airbus as being like a 13 year old Ford, with 250,000 miles on it. Ripe for a major fail.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Been watching this closely. A catastrophic failure is clear on the matter. But what I find odd is, no one has taken credit for this yet. Isis nor any other terror group has claimed stakes to this tragedy.
They certainly stepped up claiming the Russian airliner out of Egypt. Why not this if it was intentional?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

They like to make a big deal about hours, but every take off and landing the fuselage shrinks and expands as pressurization is applied, and then removed. It can expand a couple of inches every flight. As materials have improved, they've been able to go more cycles but that's ultimately what does an aircraft in. That's what happened to Aloha 243. The aircraft only had 35,000 hours, but had almost 90,000 cycles on it because the longest flight it was used on was about 45 minutes.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's the big question.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm still going with an intentional crash by the pilot. But didn't any of the 3 Air Marshals on the flight have a way to access the cockpit if they needed to? Not that they could have stopped him.

Also, after how long without locating debris will people start speculating that the flight flew low and landed in another country? There was a lot of speculation of this nature when flight MH370 wasn't found after a few days.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's far to early to jump to any conclusions, even terrorism. While it's rare for an aircraft to suffer a failure during cruise, it's not unheard of.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
With over twenty pages on the thread I've not read through them all, so will just put some speculations forward.

This I find interesting...

It was 10 miles into Egyptian airspace when it disappeared at around 2:30 am Egypt time (1:30am BST), flying in clear skies. Greek authorities have said it then fell 22,000 feet and "swerved sharply" in Egyptian airspace. "The plane carried out a 90-degree turn to the left and a 360-degree turn to the right, falling from 37,000 to 15,000 feet and the signal was lost at around 10,000 feet," defence minister Panos Kammenos said....It was also unlikely the plane was shot down, experts said, as the region is one of the most monitored in the world and it would be hard to conceal such an attack.

The highest probable three causes that brought down the plane are; a) Mechanical failure, b) a terrorist attack, and c) the plane was mistakenly shot down?

Mechanical failure has been practically ruled out as the plane is relatively new, and had a good maintenance record. This flight was MS804's fifth flight in 24 hours.

Between 11:48 pm and 00:27 am something happened to or on the plane, as by 00:27 am the plane was not responding to calls from Athens Air Traffic Control. Twelve minutes pass and the plane is seen (by radar) to make a 90 degree turn and then a 360 degree turn as it drops from 37,000 feet to 15,000 feet, with the plane's signal being lost at around 10,000 feet.

The fact that the plane was not responding to calls from Athens Air Traffic Control would indicate that something had happened on board, and goes some way in ruling out the 3rd probable cause of being mistakenly shot down? Also, the fact that no distress call was issued by the pilots also rule out the 3rd potential cause.

In all likelihood, this looks to be a terrorist attack, with the plane hijacked initially with the terrorist/s somehow gaining access to the cockpit, demanding radio silence? At some point a struggle occurred and a possible explosion which caused the plane to depressurise and plummet the 22,000 feet to 15,000 feet, making the two manoeuvres as it dropped, and then to fatally fail around 10,000 feet?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

My sympathies go out to the families and friends of those who lost their lives.
edit on 20/5/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They flew off the edge of the flat earth.

**PROOFS**

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

How is a 13 year old plane with 25,000 takeoffs/landings "relatively new"?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
With over twenty pages on the thread I've not read through them all, so will just put some speculations forward.

This I find interesting...

It was 10 miles into Egyptian airspace when it disappeared at around 2:30 am Egypt time (1:30am BST), flying in clear skies. Greek authorities have said it then fell 22,000 feet and "swerved sharply" in Egyptian airspace. "The plane carried out a 90-degree turn to the left and a 360-degree turn to the right, falling from 37,000 to 15,000 feet and the signal was lost at around 10,000 feet," defence minister Panos Kammenos said....It was also unlikely the plane was shot down, experts said, as the region is one of the most monitored in the world and it would be hard to conceal such an attack.

The highest probable three causes that brought down the plane are; a) Mechanical failure, b) a terrorist attack, and c) the plane was mistakenly shot down?

Mechanical failure has been practically ruled out as the plane is relatively new, and had a good maintenance record. This flight was MS804's fifth flight in 24 hours.

Between 11:48 pm and 00:27 am something happened to or on the plane, as by 00:27 am the plane was not responding to calls from Athens Air Traffic Control. Twelve minutes pass and the plane is seen (by radar) to make a 90 degree turn and then a 360 degree turn as it drops from 37,000 feet to 15,000 feet, with the plane's signal being lost at around 10,000 feet.

The fact that the plane was not responding to calls from Athens Air Traffic Control would indicate that something had happened on board, and goes some way in ruling out the 3rd probable cause of being mistakenly shot down? Also, the fact that no distress call was issued by the pilots also rule out the 3rd potential cause.

In all likelihood, this looks to be a terrorist attack, with the plane hijacked initially with the terrorist/s somehow gaining access to the cockpit, demanding radio silence? At some point a struggle occurred and a possible explosion which caused the plane to depressurise and plummet the 22,000 feet to 15,000 feet, making the two manoeuvres as it dropped, and then to fatally fail around 10,000 feet?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

My sympathies go out to the families and friends of those who lost their lives.

Even though my gut tells me this was deliberate in some way, mechanical failure can't be ruled out. Trying to piece anything together using the MSM at this stage is hopeless as the info is all over the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join