It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA deletes their only copy of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s Torture Report....oops!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So I saw this article earlier today and was surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here today.

www.rt.com...

Apparently The CIA "inadvertently" deleted their copy of the Torture Report. Uh-Huh..

The “inadvertently” deleted copy contained 6,700 classified documents on torture techniques used on prisoners by the CIA following the 9/11 terror attacks. Only about 500 pages of the report were declassified and released by the committee chair, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California), in December of 2014.

Former CIA analyst John Kiriakou, who served time in jail for being the first to blow the whistle on the CIA’s use of waterboarding, told RT he was not surprised that the agency is saying it had destroyed the copy.

Kiriakou was surprised, however, at the agency’s attempts to convince the committee that the erasure had been an accident.

“It is not an accident. You can’t accidentally destroy a 6,700 page document. You cannot accidentally destroy the electronic copy, especially when these documents are numbered. There are only about a dozen that exist anywhere in the world,” Kiriakou said.

“Someone would have to physically go into the safe in Office of the General Counsel, pull out this document, which comes in many parts, it is so long it can’t sit by itself, and take the time to physically destroy it. It doesn’t make any sense. It is not how the CIA works,” he added.

They deleted it and from what Kiriakou says, it had to have been deliberate because it requires more effort than a "mistake" constitutes.

He also had this to say about John Brennan

“Everything the CIA has told us about this program from the very beginning has been a lie,” Kiriakou told RT. “The CIA said they weren’t torturing prisoners. That was a lie. The CIA said they were not sending people to third countries to undergo torture. That was a lie. The CIA said they were not sending people to secret prisons around the world. That was a lie." “John Brennan [ CIA director]… said he did not have his employees spy on Senate investigators. That was a lie. My question is why should we believe anything John Brennan says when everything that he has told the American people has been a lie?” he added.

Source:
www.rt.com...
www.rt.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

I was thinking about posting this but lazy.

This all sounds like BS to me and anyone else reading this story. I can tell you though, when I was working in military intelligence the gov't loves all forms of copies, paper upon paper, electronic upon electronic. Hard copies and soft copies so the info is still around somewhere.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Even I back up my computer contents. As if they don't have a reliable back up system.

*eyeroll*

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
myartisstrong

Remember friends and neighbors:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I was thinking about posting this but lazy.

This all sounds like BS to me and anyone else reading this story. I can tell you though, when I was working in military intelligence the gov't loves all forms of copies, paper upon paper, electronic upon electronic. Hard copies and soft copies so the info is still around somewhere.

No no no, it makes total sense one of the largest wings of national defence/intelligence in United States of Soviet America accidentally destroyed a single dozen copy (the only ones in existence).

Like "Oops, I spilled coffee on it."

"Here, lemme dry it in the microwave."

"Dammit, it's on fire."

"Grab that Bourbon."

"OH SH%% ITS A RAGING INFERNO"

"Good thing our multi-billion dollar budget includes these awesome fire extinguishers!"

"WHO FORGOT TO BUY NEW EXTINGUISHERS!?!"

"Sorry guys, here's the report." Drops ashes on the counter. Cheif's dog proceeds to lick it.

"Do we tell them the dog ate it?"

(This totally happened.)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I bet somewhere in Hillary's email server there lies another copy.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Sounds legit.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Bet there's a microfilm still out there!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that it's fully gone. It's only want they want people to think. Maybe one of the hacktivists will get to the bottom of it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am sure Anonymous could track down a copy, if they so wished.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

They're a government front so don't count on that.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

No, no they couldn't.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
CIA deletes their only copy of the Senate Intelligence Committee’s Torture Report....oops!

I wonder if the RepubliKKKans will go after them like they fixated on Hillary and Obama?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This doesn't matter...there are back-ups of back-ups of files in the federal government. It's not lost, but it may be being suppressed.

Anyone who believes that digital data is "lost" via deleting from a computer/server is ignorant to how files are backed up in the government.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

This all sounds like BS to me

Ya think?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
conspiracy why not? If something is deleted it means that someone wanted it to be deleted

top topics

join