It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong? What is right? Do either concepts even apply?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Something for the many, part of the collective conscious to postulate...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

this question is very tricky...

there are different kinds of group think

some things come from indoctrination... but a lot also comes from nature (deep subconscious thoughts) relates to the collective subconsciousness... perhaps we can theorise that there are actually two types of collective subconsciousness... pure (formed by nature) and impure (formed by indoctrination)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord
Therefore if many are indoctrinated-controlled-manipulated subconsciously and are not expressing their true intents purely, they then have the ability to cause influences that may cause conflicts and or failure upon the "entire" and not even know what they have caused... Ultimately, but 1 understands your points made 0hlord

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When the sociopath slides their stiletto into your jugular because it "feels" good to them then it's that person's sense of "right", it might be "wrong" for you but you cannot offend the other person because you have no common sense. Keep over intellectualizing everything and keep wondering why your always miserable looking for external reasons to make you happy, yet shirking off stupid opines to others. Nama-STAY.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well to me this is a concept right out of Star Wars. There will always be 'weak minded fools' that fall for the clandestine whispers.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix
Thanks 😊

a reply to: Metallicus
You may be right Metallicus
I guess the concern is what happens when the whispers that have taken hold begin to effect the strong?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I suggest a good read by friedrich nietzsche
Beyond good and evil.
Where he questions morality of philosophy, and why right and wrong are defined as such, and more interestingly should philosophy be categorized, is good or evil philosophy still philosophy. Why must it be solely based on the notion of good.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

edit on 18-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Our experiences of this world are entirely subjective. It's perfectly logical for any one of us to develop our own version of "right" and "wrong" since these concepts are constructs of the mind, not based in reality. Morality also does not exist. It is a choice. A better question would be, "Why is there a 'good' or 'bad'; a 'right' or 'wrong'?". Everything we understand has been defined by us and therefore is bound by our interpretation of it.

That being said, I choose 'right' and 'good'. What do you choose?
The caveat being, is my 'right' and 'good' the same as your 'right' and 'good'? That's a conundrum the whole of humanity will never be able to answer, which is why chaos and destruction is inevitable for us.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As it's been said, there is no "right" or "wrong", in fact there is only the idea that something can be "right", therefor its inverse must be "wrong". The majority that accepts what is "right" defends what it accepts, simply to shun what it believes to be "wrong". This dichotomy serves to create the catalyst for change at all, as without conflict between the two opposing forces, in this case "right" vs. "wrong", there is only balance, for lack of a better term.
A ball on a flat surface moves not, but to tilt the surface one way or another...
"Right" and "wrong" are simply two words for opposing sides of the coin. A majority choosing "right" over "wrong" is really no different on a cosmic scale, than say, a person tossing a quarter and choosing to call "heads" rather than "tails". Existence will play out according to the whim of everything, of course, but the initial statement "This coin will land heads" or "Charity is right" is simply a conscious being's attempt to "choose" the way they perceive that existence.

Just my thoughts on the subject. What do I know? I'm just some electricity in a meat case on a mineral scaffold driven by bio-goo.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

To 1 right and wrong in this thread basically are tied to if the majority accepts and agrees on subjects and or topics that may cause harm to the "entire" later...
And if the minority begin to sense potential future issues that may harm the entire later, are they wrong for not going with what the majority in the first place.

edit on 5/19/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Say there are some apple and orange farmers. Overtime they farmed apples and oranges and all was "ok"
Then a small group of farmers decides to modify their crops to produce different types of apples and oranges that make pear juice...
So now all of a sudden the apples oranges that make pear juice are catching the farmers abroad interest so well that now the majority of the apple and orange farmers are ONLY PRODUCING pear juice making apples and oranges...
Eventually this is okd by the "entire" as the time passed. And without anyone noticing THERE WERE NO MORE APPLE JUICE AND ORANGE JUICE PRODUCING Apples and Oranges, just PEAR JUICE

So was it right or wrong of the farmers to eliminate NATURAL apple and orange juice in order for modified pear juice to become the norm?

Not saying natural or even modified pear juice is wrong necessarily, but if it eliminates Natural apple and orange juice it may be.
Is encrypted out of respect...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It depends upon the idea/concept/belief being examined.

It depends upon whether or not it effectively leads to the desired intent or not.
Whether it "works".

With some concepts, they actually only work if within a specific system - if everyone invests in it, it becomes self-fulfilling.
Which would indicate- if you choose to not adhere to that idea, and you are localized within the system or collective that has invested in it, you might be "wrong" depending upon intent.

Um...like in France, to criticize a person, tell them what they should change about themselves, is collectively determined to be a gesture of care, attention and consideration for someone. Doing so will develop trust and bonding with others, establishing and nurturing relationships.

If one person here decides that they do not want to do that, they do not want to believe it is a sign of care, but they also want to develop trusting affectionate relationships,
Then they are "wrong". They are choosing an ineffective route; they will not fulfill their intent.
Though if they go to a country with a group think that considers that act as a sign of not caring and of badwill, then suddenly the same choice will be "right" because effective.

It is impossible to make a sweeping judgement on all ideas.

Though, for some reason, I have the sneaky suspicion that right and wrong in terms of intent is not what is really being referred to here, but rather, a universal of static "good" and "evil".... am I mistaken???

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Though, for some reason, I have the sneaky suspicion that right and wrong in terms of intent is not what is really being referred to here, but rather, a universal of static "good" and "evil".... am I mistaken???

What's being referred Bluesma is basic natural or un natural farming processes that may depopulate the farming industry. And are the acts accepted by the majority right or wrong if in the end there exists only pear juice. I think you pick up encrypted... Prevents emotions from clouding responses, somewhat.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Encrypted so if thread derails no derailing content presented accept by derailing interest as it is a important topic for humanity farming.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: Bluesma

What's being referred Bluesma is basic natural or un natural farming processes that may depopulate the farming industry. And are the acts accepted by the majority right or wrong if in the end there exists only pear juice. I think you pick up encrypted... Prevents emotions from clouding responses, somewhat.

WHAT??

Is the OP a veiled reference to some current issue in the US that I am not aware of concerning Farming??

Whatever. If I didn't get it it's because I am ignorant of the issue so have nothing of value to contribute.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

You gets Bluesma

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
It will blend past some minds, that may just wish to throw emotional input who wont look at the future due to potential subconscious indoctrination...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Each action affects all of humanity like a wave that spreads.

For example, what John does to Max affects how Max will feel and behavior towards Suzy, and therefore affects how Suzy feels and behaves towards others, and the energy spread around the entire world and that affects howo fill the world, Acts of Kindness are very important. Each Act of Kindness is an influence of Peace for all of humanity.

And thinking and speaking are actions, too. So positive thoughts and positive intentions (and prayers) are very important.

edit on 19-5-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If there are no such things as right and wrong, then there would be nothing to prevent your neighbor from breaking into your house in the middle of the night and shooting you in the face. Society has rules in order to keep us safe. I enjoy living in a safe, quiet neighborhood. There are consequences to all actions. Good and evil is a social construct and it benefits most everybody who is a law abiding citizen. I'm sensitive and I preach generosity and compassion. The animal kingdom has rules too. So did the wild west. I see a general decline in moral attitudes in my country.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If the majority begins to accept a group think, does that make what is accepted right?

From their perspective, the answer is yes.

Further, if some do not accept the group think, does that mean they are wrong?

From the prespective of the same group, the answer is yes. Because this group have accepted a group think above individual thinking which has become irrelevant.

Of course as already pointed out, it is a matter of interpretation and perspective but relating it to the world we live in, I have to say that unfortunately the answers above apply and Indoctrination is just another word the same group would use to make Brainwashing sound socially acceptable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join