It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says ‘sanctuary cities’ should lose funding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

So does that mean that those in NC and other states who are passing laws allowing them to discriminate, which is against the law, also should lose their funding and be arrested too???

I'm not focusing on what the state or city is doing exactly. They are both breaking laws which is all that matters so far. What I'm looking at is the allowance of the Federal Gov. to yank it's funding.

I've heard some people say that pulling the funding for NC is Fascist. But wouldn't pulling the funding on these cities be allowing the same Fascism to take place???

No.

Defund em both and see who gets it back first.

Defund PP while they're at it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

So according to Trump, these sanctuary cities are crime ridden because of illegals immigrants? These cities should lose all funding and I suppose this would affect the illegal immigrants?

Well, if you want crime to go down this is not the way to do it. Desperate people commit crimes.

Why? Think of the money saved when the illegals go.

Think of the crime rates going down and how much money that will save.

Think of the savings!!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: In4ormant
People love to spout the law when it's for their cause. Anti-discrimination, anti-trust, product safety, custody, consumer protection, hippa etc. But when it comes to this man trying to enforce immigration and punish those breaking this law, whether it's a single individual or a municipality, you all have nothing but disdain.

The hypocritical bleeding hearts wonder why we laugh at them.

Don't like it? Change the law. Until then hush.

Yep. Trump is actually talking about policy which curbs a certain problem facing this nation (and others), and he STILL gets burned for it.

Let's face it, there are people that would oppose Trump regardless what he says or does. It's the nature of the Beast.

They keep screaming about not hearing any policy or solutions from him, obviously they wouldn't know it if it hit them in the head.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

How about that...a Republican who doesn't want more illegal aliens. Almost like a real Republican. Most of them just talk the talk while holding the door open. Illegal immigration has been the best thing to happen to rich corporations. While they may not (in most cases) directly employ illegals, they use contractors & sub-contractors who do. They reap the benefits of diminished wages for all. In short, Republican members of Congress won't like this. Neither would their partners in crime, the Democrats.

Really? You think the sub-contractors are gonna lower their bids because they have illegals working for them?

All Trump has to do is name names of the dirtbags come their election times.

That should shuffle the deck.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed at the same time those sanctuary cities also harbor fugitives. Who in their right mind would be FOR asanctuary city much less live in one.

Libralist that's who .. laughs. here's an idea, those liberals can use their own $$$ to send all the illegals back to where they came from and let their own country support them instead.

Didn't you know south america is in flames?

There is nothing to go back to.
It's all gone.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
And one more thing about sanctuary cities like san fran.

edit on 5 20 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 20 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
OK, 1 more from our hot judge.

She explains it pretty well.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: reldra

Some examples with details might help that argument.

Yea, but Trump doesn't do specifics too well.

He's using the same rhetoric that the NAZIs used to get into power. Conjour up a few myths about some terrible situation or target group, then start talking about it without being specific or giving examples, under the guise of political correction, until the angry mob is behind you with their torches and pitch forks so you can storm the castle and take down the big nasty monster.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

originally posted by: xuenchen

Some examples with details might help that argument.

Yea, but Trump doesn't do specifics too well.

He's using the same rhetoric that the NAZIs used to get into power. Conjour up a few myths about some terrible situation or target group, then start talking about it without being specific or giving examples, under the guise of political correction, until the angry mob is behind you with their torches and pitch forks so you can storm the castle and take down the big nasty monster.

You some kinda nazi expert or just a parrot?

That bs is so last january.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
So pulling federal funds out of a state because the state wants to discriminate against certain groups that's an outrage and an abuse of Federal Power.

But using that same pulling of federal funds out of a city because they don't want to remove illegal immigrants is a great idea??

I know it's not apples for apples. One is a city and one is a state. But both are still illegal, both Illegal Immigration and Discrimination. So other than the size of those being punished what am I missing that makes one ok and the other one not ok????

It's not apple to apples because one group is illegal aliens and another group has 100% access to bathrooms that match their gender.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ridiculous. Cities where religious and charitable organizations help immigrants should be denied funds? These places also help imigrants on the path to citizenship.

Trump is backwards, as usual.

He is right, because he knows what this admin is doing, he's just not saying outright....here in my state churches offered to help take in Syrian refugees when they cannot be vetted. Religious people can be very naïve sometimes when they are trying to be compassionate.

You know, people applaud executive dictates when it suits their own particular world view, and condemn when it doesn't. It's just the nature of the two party system.
edit on 20-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

It was your silly statement that needs backing up, not the OP. I think you're the one who needs to provide examples that these cities are havens for the downtrodden, full of charitable and religious selfless protectors....

My two cents...feed your own people before sheltering illegal immigrants.

Not to mention it goes against that whole, "Christians are hateful bigots" narrative....

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Obamasays a lot of things, then says other things completely contradictory.

I am amazed by those still listening to an obvious quack

Fixed your post for ya.

edit on 20-5-2016 by rollanotherone because: Html

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ridiculous. Cities where religious and charitable organizations help immigrants should be denied funds? These places also help imigrants on the path to citizenship.

Trump is backwards, as usual.

Backwards would literally having it be illegal to enter the country without permission, and then NOT enforcing the law.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Their are a number of people who support Illegal aliens and sanctuary citys on ATS. Kathryn Steinle was killed by a illegal who was basically protected from being deported by such a city.

My question is why do you supporters of illegal immigration and seemingly open borders always seem to put the needs of Illegal immigrants first and the safety of your own fellow legal Americans last? I really can not stand any of you bleeding heart liberals. As far as im concerned you are traitors to your own countrymen.

You all make me fckn sick.
edit on 20-5-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

They can't see through his snakey lies. The guy is a circus con artist who had a rich daddy otherwise he would have been a nobody.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: defiythelie

They can't see through his snakey lies. The guy is a circus con artist who had a rich daddy otherwise he would have been a nobody.

Again, are you referring to Obama? Can never tell.

And didn't Justin Trudeau come from money himself?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Those charitable organizations are the ones who promote radicalism and help destroy our cities. I have no problem helping people but the radical ideas represented by Islam are a grave threat to us all. People say that not all Muslims are like that but I would have to disagree because all of them are. Their children's children will learn to hate the world from all the wars that have been waged on their soil. Hate has been ingrained in their religion since it began. I've heard of these so called sanctuary cities popping up across North America. Non-Muslims are not allowed in the towns and sharia law is enforced. Before I get the people that say "well look at all the horrible stuff Christians did and when all the native Americans were killed off."
Last time I checked it was 2016. People try to rationalize how we owe Indians and Muslims etc from what we did to them. By my count I don't own no one nothing. Neither do my parents. I don't owe it to the Mexicans to provide them a check when they are here illegally, I don't owe it to the world to cover my wife's face with hijab just because Muslims demand they do. No one owes these people besides the elites who did it to them. If a war came to my hometown and was reduced to nothing like Syria I wouldn't run and go crying to another country about how I need money and a place to live I would stay and fight..everyone's always looking for handouts

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join