It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, The Heist and Pending Economic Collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Carl Ichan, a brutally efficient and successful Billionare investor has come out publicly in support of Trump and is backing him financially.

Now…Economists and Prominent Investors have sounded a loud alarm recently explaining that Donald Trumps expressed philosophy around economic policy would terrorize markets, cause skyrocketing economic uncertaintity and spike interest rates if he was to be President.

Just a few snippets from the past week alone on how Trump would handle the economy..

TRUMP:
“I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”
“And if the economy was good, it was good. So, therefore, you can’t lose.”

“I am the king of debt,” he said on CNBC on Thursday. “I love debt. I love playing with it.”

"First of all, you never have to default because you print the money," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said on CNN.

Such remarks by a major presidential candidate have no modern precedent. The United States government is able to borrow money at very low interest rates because Treasury securities are regarded as a safe investment, and any cracks in investor confidence have a long history of costing American taxpayers a lot of money.

Donald Trump is floating an insane idea that would tank the American economy
www.businessinsider.com...

Donald Trump just made a new mess while walking back his controversial plan for US debt
www.businessinsider.com...

Wall Street: Trump's debt policy smacks of bankruptcy
His vow to 'make a deal' with creditors would undermine U.S. economy, bankers say.

www.politico.com...

Trumps economic proposals are so frightening to actual economists that Economist Magazine ranked a Trump Presidency among its TOP 10 GLOBAL RISKS!
The Economist rates Trump presidency among its top 10 global risks

A Donald Trump presidency poses a top-10 risk event that could disrupt the world economy, lead to political chaos in the U.S. and heighten security risks for the United States, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
Electing Trump could also start a trade war, hurt trade with Mexico and be a godsend to terrorist recruiters in the Middle East, according to the latest EIU forecasts.

The well-respected global economic and geopolitical analysis firm put a possible Trump presidency in its top 10 global risks this month, released Wednesday.

www.politico.com...

SO…let’s back up…

WHY…in the world would an investor like Carl Ichan be interested in backing Donald Trump for President?
And investing 100M+ in a Super Pac (first time Ichan has entered politics) to do so?

Should not someone that depends on the US economy for making money be terrified by Trump as President??

Wait for it…

May 10th
Carl Icahn Is Betting Big on a Stock Market Crash with 149% short
fortune.com...

May 9th
With A Historic -150% Net Short Position, Carl Icahn Is Betting On An Imminent Market Collapse
www.zerohedge.com...

This is a HUGE and unprecedented position for him to take. He is going all in to a degree he has never gone all in that the Economy will crash…

While at the SAME TIME throwing his support behind Donald Trump for President he is betting like never before on the economy crashing!

What about other Billionaires?

Oil Tycoon Boone Pickens?
Billionaire Harold Hamm …oil and gas industry

…No doubt Trump is the man to drive Oil Prices sky high…He wants to pick a fight with OPEC.

From “oilprice.com”…Trump is the best candidate to increase oil prices..

Should Trump win the nomination and then the election, it is likely that oil and natural gas companies would get a big boost. Trump has actively discussed his interest in confronting OPEC and making the U.S. energy independent. He is a firm advocate for oil and its importance in the overall U.S. economy.

oilprice.com...

Unsurprisingly everything I could find on Trump and price of oil predicts he will drive the price higher while deregulating oil drilling and fracking at home.

Andrew Beal?…falls into Ichan’s camp..He made his fortune during the last near economic collapse betting against the economy.

I propose the answer to the question of “Why would Billionaire Investors back Trump despite every economist and wall-street in general being terrified by the economic policies he has proposed?”…Is simply…

Higher oil prices and a crashed economy….

They are literally betting on it…and then paying (contributing) to try and make it happen.

We are watching a slow motion set-up and heist...Billionaires positioning themselves to profit from high oil prices and a crashed economy while funding the man that everyone agrees will make it happen.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Look at what He did for the USFL™ in the ESPN show "30 for 30- Who Killed the USFL"

Here is an article from 2009. deadspin.com...

Here is the imdb. for the episode:www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

How many times have You gone bankrupt? (not that there is anything wrong with that...)

Now I have to polish up My Trump University Valedictorian address...

Edit: And a "business man" that will continue the spigot for Big Bu$ine$$ as One could opine that He is obliged to pay back "favors".. Where is the thumbing the nose at The Establishment? This is "business as usual" (pun intended)

How does this sound so far? ... Welcome friends and family of Trump U. As-sellamu Alykum- We, the graduates of 2016 look forward to paying Mr. Trump back for all He has done, not only for Us, but for 'Merica..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Wow. That's a hell of a short on the US economy. The last time someone tried that they shorted the Housing Market which after a lot of confusion why it was taking so long, did crash.

Then "we the people" bailed them out.

Anyone get the feeling that these kinds of "Wall Street Gambling Policies" should be stopped and people arrested and jailed before it's too late??

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Another conspiracy in plain sight... shorting the markets then backing Trump in the election. How much more obvious does it need to be made? Trump has never had the best interests of anyone but himself in mind.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I agree with you guys. We should vote for Hillary! Trump is a known LIAR
edit on 18-5-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mr. Icahn may want to reconsider his hopes.
With the strenght of the economy as it is the Fed's are considering raising interest rates come June.
That really doesn't smack of an imminent crash.

The rest of that reads like a horror novel.

People can't really be serious about him as president.
Primaries are very different than general elections. People take voting for a president very seriously.
edit on 5182016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

As far as priority is concerned everyone can vote in "Deez Nuts" for all I care. Because if we don't stop this kind of Wall Street Market Manipulation and Stop allowing Billionaires to play games with our economy it doesn't matter who's president anyway. They'll be President of a Broken Nation which has fallen in to chaos anyway at that point.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm trying to find something definitive but Icahn's announced initial commitment of $150 million to start his pro-Trump super PAC is nearly twice the amount of all contributions to this presidential election's largest super PAC thus far (Jeb Bush's which had about $80 million) and looks to be the largest amount of money any individual has ever spent on a single campaign.

Call me cynical but I don't think you'd find a billionaire in the world who would drop $150 million without some expectation of a return.

Interestingly, just yesterday it was reported that Standards & Poor downgraded Icahn Enterprises's credit rating to BB+ aka "junk."

Fortune - S&P Cuts Carl Icahn's Rating to Junk

U.S. ratings agency Standard & Poor’s on Tuesday cut the credit rating of billionaire investor Carl Icahn‘s Icahn Enterprises to junk status after the portfolio absorbed declining investment values and higher leverage in the last few months. S&P dropped the long-term issuer credit rating and senior unsecured debt rating of Icahn Enterprises to double-B-plus from triple-B-minus, the agency said in a statement. Additionally, S&P said it removed all of Icahn Enterprises’ ratings from “CreditWatch” with the outlook at “Stable.”

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Oh yeah. Lovin' it!! I'm sweating with joy!!!

I really enjoy how it collects around my neck so I can feel and hear the wet squishyness of it whenever I turn my head.

Soooooooo Nice!!!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I am hoping you can entertain a thought that is not binary.

Any interest in discussing the OP?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The rest of that reads like a horror novel.

Oh yes...and it can get worse...

Trump has said Carl Ichan would make a great Treasury Secretary!

Let the looting and pillaging of America begin!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

We don't know each other, but I feel as if we do... A man of your stature who plants his feet firmly and stands with his back straight and his head held high may have his words go over the head of lesser men, but the fault is not yours.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

We don't know each other, but I feel as if we do... A man of your stature who plants his feet firmly and stands with his back straight and his head held high may have his words go over the head of lesser men, but the fault is not yours.
Tanks Brother

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Another conspiracy in plain sight... shorting the markets then backing Trump in the election. How much more obvious does it need to be made? Trump has never had the best interests of anyone but himself in mind.

this from Investopedia:

A Big Payoff If the Market Crashes

That said, Icahn's bearish bet will pay off nicely if markets do indeed crash and a bear market ensues. Similarly, shareholders of Carl Icahn Enterprises will stand to benefit; owning IEP may be a hedge against being long the broader equity market.

Known for being one of the world's most intuitive and methodical investors, Carl Icahn must have something more to go on that a simple gut feeling regarding the near future of the markets.

www.investopedia.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In the words of Dr. House: "Everybody lies." The question is: which liar is less likely to wreck the economy and drag the country into a trade war... or even a shooting war?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

In the words of Dr. House: "Everybody lies." The question is: which liar is less likely to wreck the economy and drag the country into a trade war... or even a shooting war?

What is "D; None of the above..."

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I’m still dumbfounded over the fact that Trump has gained so much support from the electorate. How gullible can you be? People are always slamming the president over not fulfilling every single promise made during their campaigns, and then some snake oil salesman comes along promising the moon and the stars and they buy it hook, line and sinker. Not only does Trump get away with promising to deliver everything imagineable, his supporters require no plan for how he intends to do it. They just believe him, no questions asked.

I think the super-rich have it all worked out. They’ve hoarded enough of the world’s resources so that they can withstand a crash. Then, once the markets bottom out, the elite can buy-up everything in the Great American Firesale. Then We the Sheeple can condemn the president, talk about what a low-life he is for not doing what he promised he would, and then take our places in the food line.

I can’t think of anything good to say about this election cycle and what it has produced. It seems like this country is headed to Hell on a bobsled, and it’s our own damned fault.

Cheers!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join