It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uploading image from imageshack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
since the uploads section in member cener is down, I made a free page with image shack. The problem is that the image on the page is larger than the image in my paint program, even though in paint its only 160 by 400 pixels. If I upload the image from imageshack, will the image by the size it is on the website, or the size on my paint program? I'd try but its 2500 points, and I doubt i'm getting that back any time soon

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Avatars don't cost any points, only background images do.

Try it out as an avatar first and see how it looks.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can you post the link to the image so we can view it?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
oh I thought avatars and background images were the same....so both of you have avatars right? I followed your instructions KL but my member upload doen't work. Its been 'temporarily disabled' ever since I got here, day and night. The link is here, not much because I don't have the computer knowledge to do any better

img33.exs.cx...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If your image is no larger than 160x320 pixels you can use it as an avatar. Simply host the image with ImageShack and use the URL they give you.

Edit: your image is too big. Give me a second and I will resize it for you and post the link in this thread.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That does show up pretty big.

160 x 375

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I read that if the image is low in size, the height can be up to 400 pixels. I know I saw this a few days ago posted by a mod, but I forget where exactly...i'll try to find it. KL, thanks for taking the time to reformat it. I appreciate all of your fast responses

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's a slightly smaller version:

If you want to use it, just use this url:

mixallow.blogdns.net...

112 x 263

Under 4k

[edit on 14-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If your avatar is over 320 pixels tall it has to be under 50k in size. You're just over the limit. You can reduce the height to 320, or try using a little less resolution on the image. If you are not sure how to use the avatar then read the instructions here Avatar Instructions (skip to step 5 if it is hosted outside of ATS)

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is 160x320 pixels, if you choose to use it copy the url below and paste it in your avatar url box in your mini profile.

btw- the color code of the orange color in the avatar is CC6600 if you ever want to use it for your background color.

img149.exs.cx...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
thank you Ace, i'll probably be using that one, but could you tell me how you resized it so I can play around with it some more. My actual one is right between the size of yours and the one on imageshack. Or maybe i'll try to resize it on paint. Thanks again for your effort

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ah, thats perfect KL...thank you guys for helping me with this, you should see it up in 5 minutes

(edit) just forgot...I can't go to member uploads becuase its 'disabled'. Will it work if I make it a background image and pay for it?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
never mind...got it. Thanks guys

new topics

top topics

join