It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump unveils list of his top Supreme Court picks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Trump has announced some of his preferences for filling the Supreme Court Justice vacancy.

This might suggest the Senate will not be acting on the vacancy any time soon.

Obama has one nominee, the nothing is moving in the Senate.

Trump apparently compiled this list from Republican recommendations.

He says all the people are in line with his own principles and values about the Constitution.

I imagine there will be some opposition brewing very soon.

Trump unveils list of his top Supreme Court picks

Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, has released a list of 11 potential Supreme Court justices he plans to vet to fill the seat of late Justice Antonin Scalia if he's elected to the White House.

Trump's picks include Steven Colloton of Iowa, Allison Eid of Colorado and Raymond Gruender of Missouri.

Also on the list are: Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, Joan Larsen of Michigan, Thomas Lee of Utah, William Pryor of Alabama, David Stras of Minnesota, Diane Sykes of Wisconsin and Don Willett of Texas. Trump had previously named Pryor and Sykes as examples of kind of justices he would choose.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Two of the first 3 mentioned aren't from Yale or Harvard Law, so I view that as a positive.

Not because there's anything wrong with Yale or Harvard, but I'd love to see some different perspectives.

Allison Eid - U of Chicago Law
Raymond Gruender - Washington U, St Louis Law

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So basically a bunch of people who want to end our way of life, and start living the way THEY want us too.
I see. Some scary sh!t.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
why would bernie need his list ?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
why would bernie need his list ?

Did someone say Bernie needed his list?

On another note, I've been noticing that Trump sure seems to be on the ball lately in terms of having a response ready for everything. And more than the early ridiculousness/name-calling kind of BS. I mean it seems like he must have one heck of a team pulled together, because his campaign is truly owning all others right now (note, I'm not a huge fan, but I have been waiting for the turn, knowing he would start putting it together more after he got beyond gathering the Pro Wrestling base.)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

why so serious ?

a joke !

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Wasn't meant to sound 'serious' - I thought I had missed something.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Trump apparently compiled this list from Republican recommendations.

He says all the people are in line with his own principles and values about the Constitution.

And these tell the whole story.. Again, where is the "thumbing at The Establishment"? This way everyone gets to "save face".. Disgusting and bee's wax as usual..

When does Teddy Canuck get the title "Constitutional Advisor"?

If it wasn't so cold in Canada, I'd join The Exodus but don't want to get grouped/labelled a "commie" so I'll head to Uruguay and dodge Zika skeeters..

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So basically a bunch of people who want to end our way of life, and start living the way THEY want us too.
I see. Some scary sh!t.

Isn't your way of life supposed to be based on the original constitution and subsequent amendments?
Do you think these people will change this significantly?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That's what a lot of people have been saying under Obama

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If Clinton is elected, Trump told supporters at a rally earlier this month, "You will have a Supreme Court that will destroy our nation."

Trump is definitely right about that.

Clinton, meanwhile, had warned before Wednesday that Trump's picks for the court would roll back the rights of individuals and further empower corporations.

Just shows how idiotic Clinton is.

People ?

Want to know where the REAL money is ?

FOREX the largest market in the world.

Virtually UNREGULATED.

top topics

join