It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this guy wrong? If so, please explain.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.

link to the #ing source.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

I have no patience for someone who's defending the legislation of massive abuse and discrimination laws against minority groups on the basis of religion, and under false pretenses.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You don't have to agree with someone to have a civil discussion, but to each his own I reckon.

Carry on!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.

link to the #ing source.

Okay, I stand corrected. SOME crimes against members of the LGBT community are allowed to be prosecuted as "Hate Crimes" under federal law. But obviously, you still think it's okay for the State of North Carolina to deny that these crimes are "Hate Crimes", when committed by "religious snowflakes", as well as the legislation barring them from seeking justice through state courts!

As well, you're happy to allow religious folk to deny them housing, medical treatment, counseling, employment etc........and with this bill, it isn't just LGBT folk, it's anyone a religious person has a deep hatred for.

edit on 19-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

you know, I am really tired of being told what I believe. At the risk of being banned, I am out, and I hope you find a way to not be such an ass in the future. Either way, that respect, it's about gone.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Faux respect is no respect.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If it's wrong to prevent a man from using the ladies room, it's wrong to have seperate men's and ladies altogether. You can't accommodate everyone. Fit in or...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join