It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this guy wrong? If so, please explain.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Um. do you know of some news article that states otherwise? I live here, and this is what I saw happen. If you truly understand the way the majority here think, you quickly see that this forced the state government into the position it's in, and there was little option to do anything different.

Remember, the Charlotte bill came first. First being the thing that happened before everything else.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Remember, other states and other cities have passed the same anti-discrimination laws before Charlotte did. Charlotte wasn't the first in the country to do it. North Carolina WAS the first state, however, to enact a bill to fight anti-discrimination. How proud you must be for that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: windword

You asked, (not so innocently) "Is this guy wrong?" for using the woman's dressing room, just to make a point. I countered your trite and overused example with real life consequences of fear mongering and hate baiting, like you're doing here in this thread, by asking "Are these women, who were using women's bathrooms and were attacked for their looks, wrong for using their gender designated bathroom?"

It was North Carolina that was doing the forcing, forcing a non-issue, that turned into a massive discrimination and hate bill against LGBTQ and tons of other people as well. It was North Carolina that was doing the FORCING, FORCING transsexuals to change their bathroom habits, regardless of their appearance.

The only thing the federal government is FORCING, is The Constitution, equal protection. The fact is that people who were never even supposed to be targeted by this bill are being singled out, followed and subject to humiliation, harassment and abuse because of their "tom boy" appearances, all because people have gone transphobic cray cray over these stupid discriminatory laws.

Because of these stupid laws, and because of people like the man in your OP, women and children are a lot less safe. Not because of transgender people.

no, actually, you missed a step. Did Gov McCrory just wake up one day and decide to end his political career by making HB2? Oh Wait, no he didn't. A group of LGBT people enacted a city ordinance in Charlotte that opened this whole mess. The NC government reacted to stupidity in haste and now we have this mess. But if it wasn't for the snowflakes that thought the transgender people needed some recognition, everyone would still be just fine, like they were. So please, first get your facts straight, then you can twist them how you like.

The last thing that "Trans People" want is to draw attention to themselves!

Secondly, this didn't start in Charlotte. It started in Colorado with the baker who refused service to a gay couple. It started when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Gay Marriage. It started with county clerk Kim Davis refusing to marry gay couples in Kentucky. It started when Kansas proposed a similar bill, and then pulled it because of the backlash, then Alabama followed suit.

Seriously. you think your State of North Carolina is on the cutting edge with this vile bill, and that they're protecting citizens against the evil gays and trans people? You're mistaken, and your state will take the same fall that Kansas and Alabama did.

edit on 19-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Can you explain what the Charlotte thing was all about then? See, before this, Trans people somehow were able to do whatever they needed to and survived. I am sure at some point in time in most cities and countries across the world there were stupid people who openly were abusive to LGBT people. But that doesn't mean we need to make sweeping changes that fly in the face of a large part of the demographic that makes up the state.

Hate crime laws exist. They are there for the exact reason this new bill was introduced for. So it's purpose was not to save the poor oppressed less than 1% of the population, it was to PISS OFF conservative Christians. Mission accomplished. Now, if you are offended, you must be a hater. No middle ground exists. And no common sense will be used here.

But regardless of what happened elsewhere, the impact this is having on NC is profound. And as I said, it's 100% manufactured outrage. So while you and other SJW's want to make this a moral issue, you seem to be blind to the reasons behind this to begin with. Again, prior to February of this year, it is my firm belief that trans gender people were able to use the restroom and do so without issue in ALMOST all cases. (and Frieda, please save the pictures of pretty trans kids, we know)

I can almost guarantee, everyone EXCEPT the militant left and LGBT warriors would rather NONE of this ever became an issue. It's a no win situation. But it's out, and can't fit back in the bag now.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

First of all, this ISN'T a bathroom bill. The bathroom part is merely being played for its faux terror factor. The fact that you're presenting it as such in this thread, conveniently ignoring the rest of its content, just shows how you're promoting ignorance and division, exploiting fear and hate for flags and stars, and for your "Christian" crusade. Just like the man in your OP, who wanted to make a point by terrorizing women and children in dressing rooms, your thread is created "Christian special snowflake" media hyperbole.

Secondly, do you understand that the "T" is part of LGBT? This bill discriminates against them all, allowing your PISSED OFF conservative Christians to discriminated against the entire LGBT community, when it comes to services, employment, housing, medical assistance and family support systems, undermining federal guideline that were already in place.

Not only that, this hate bill allows your PISSED OFF conservative Christians to, under the guise of religious freedom, widely discriminated against, not just LGBTs, but also the handicap, elderly, single mom's/dad's, women, people of color, foreigners, and disallows them them to sue in state court.

See, before this, Trans people somehow were able to do whatever they needed to and survived.

This is among one of the most ignorant statements I ever read on ATS! That's all I have to say on that!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yep, we are witnessing the attempt at takeover by the Christian Taliban - In North Carolina, as well as other Southern states.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Can you explain what the Charlotte thing was all about then?

It means LGBT was added to the anti-discrimination law for Charlotte.

Why? Because you have to force people not to discriminate.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yep, we are witnessing the attempt at takeover by the Christian Taliban - In North Carolina, as well as other Southern states.

Not just NC, unfortunately.

I don't believe the majority of people support the Christian Taliban (which is what it is), but are apathetic. Unless it affects them directly, most don't motivate themselves to do anything about it.

It's getting down right scary.

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a billion defense bill on Wednesday which allows government contractors to discriminate against LGBT workers on religious grounds, overturning an executive order issued by President Obama in 2014 that protects LGBT people from discrimination in the workplace. www.advocate.com...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not just NC, unfortunately.

Have you seen the Texas GOP's latest platform?

It's getting down right scary.

It most certainly is.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

at this point, I am going to need you to point out what have conservative Christians done to hurt the LGBT community. Be specific so there is no wiggle room for me please.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

See, before this, Trans people somehow were able to do whatever they needed to and survived.

This is among one of the most ignorant statements I ever read on ATS! That's all I have to say on that!

Can you explain how transgender people used to relive themselves before February of this year? Again, be specific please.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Can you explain what the Charlotte thing was all about then?

It means LGBT was added to the anti-discrimination law for Charlotte.

Why? Because you have to force people not to discriminate.

Great, what was done TO discriminate that brought this about?
edit on 19-5-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

once you have captured our territory, what states will you be going after next?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe he pulled a Bernie and went into the wrong bathroom by accident. Not all Wal Mart restroom doors are always left for women. Yes I know it wasn't Wal Mart.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

From your first link:

A new study from the Williams Institute confirms that transgender people face significant levels of discrimination and harassment simply when trying to use the restroom. The study focused on people who identify as transgender or gender non-conforming/genderqueer in the Washington, DC area and found that an overwhelming majority — 70 percent — had experienced some sort of negative reaction when using a bathroom.The study notes that this is in spite of the fact that DC’s enforcement regulations contain “the strongest language in the country in regard to gender-segregated public facilities” to protect trans people from just these sorts of issues.

Second link:

On April 18, Chrissy Lee Polis was viciously attacked by two teenagers as she entered the women’s bathroom at McDonald’s, after her attackers recognized Chrissy is transgender. Polis was dragged across the floor by her hair and repeatedly kicked and punched to the point where she had a seizure, while employees and others looked on. The brutal attack lasted more than three minutes, until another patron intervened. It was filmed by a restaurant employee – who can be heard laughing and urging the assailants to leave before the police arrive – and became international news a week later when the video went viral on the internet. An 18-year-old woman and a 14-year-old girl have been arrested and charged in the attack, which is being investigated as a hate crime. Polis was treated at a hospital for her injuries.

From your third link:

The 15-year-old student assaulted Monday, who is biologically female but identifies as male, told officers he was leaving a boy's bathroom at Hercules Middle/High School when three teenage boys pushed him inside a large stall and assailed him, Hercules police Detective Connie Van Putten said. Van Putten said the attackers reportedly made disparaging remarks to the student, allowing police to treat the case as a hate crime.

And sadly, from your 4th link:

According to surveys, 4.6 percent of the overall U.S. population has self-reported a suicide attempt, with that number climbing to between 10 and 20 percent for lesbian, gay or bisexual respondents. By comparison, 41 percent of trans or gender non-conforming people surveyed have attempted suicide.

On that, I can't help but think there are many factors involved. I sure know plenty of kids who weren't on the A list their whole school career, and were bullied as some point, myself included. It sucks and I wish it didn't happen. It does. And not just to these few kids.

On the last two, remember, up until a few years ago, the medical community called transgender a mental problem.
cnsnews.com...

Winword, I honestly have a lot of respect for you on this board, so please don't take my discussion as a personal attack. It's really hard to get people on your side to realize that there are people on the other side of this who get it, but don't feel the exact same way you do. I happen to be one of the. I admit, before all this, I had no clue about transgender people as I never encountered them to my knowledge. I have also never met a grey alien, but there are many here who swear they exist.

As you can see by what I posted to your links, there are some interesting things that I base my opinion on. First and foremost, there is Hate crime legislation in place already that provides amazing protection (legally) for the LGBT community, and the part of HB2 that has everyone upset about, does nothing to remove that legislation, it only removes the ability to marginalize it as the local level. I think you would agree that a hate crime against a member of the LGBT community is something that should get attention, so others can learn from it and hopefully not repeat it.

In your fist link, I highlighted the part where DC has some of the strongest wording possible in place to protect this group, yet it still happened there. So apparently the wording isn't what makes people hate, it's something else. One last thing I'd like you to notice, is that while the Right wing Christians are the bad guys here, you would have to find a very non Christian person to put them in a place to harm another human for their appearance or sexuality. They/we may be a bit backwards in thinking opposed to California Liberals, but we stop at shaking our head and saying "Bless your heart", an ass whoopin is reserved for those who really deserve it. (IMHO)

So in conclusion, I sincerely apologize of anything I have said here hurt you or anyone else, this is a touchy topic and seems to make everyone a bit edgy. Again, sorry.

edit on 19-5-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You said; See, before this, Trans people somehow were able to do whatever they needed to and survived.

Not true!

I said: This is among one of the most ignorant statements I ever read on ATS! That's all I have to say on that!

You said; Can you explain how transgender people used to relive themselves before February of this year? Again, be specific please.

Very cautiously!

I showed you, citation after citation, of how dangerous it has been for transgender people, before these issues became public spectacle. Then you try to pick apart each story??? ...WHF man?

Their problems didn't begin because of this bill, which endangers their lives, now more than ever, or because you started to pay attention to hate baiters, and now you suddenly have an opinion about something that doesn't and will never affect you or your family!

First and foremost, there is Hate crime legislation in place already that provides amazing protection (legally) for the LGBT community, and the part of HB2 that has everyone upset about, does nothing to remove that legislation, it only removes the ability to marginalize it as the local level.

I think you would agree that a hate crime against a member of the LGBT community is something that should get attention, so others can learn from it and hopefully not repeat it.

So you agree that crimes against members of the LGBT community should be considered "Hate Crmes"?

The State of North Carolina's governor refuses to recognize any member of the LGBT community as in a "protected class", so the state does not recognize crimes against them as "Hate Crimes". Yet, you try to spin that as a good thing for the LGBT community? Get bent man!

They/we may be a bit backwards in thinking opposed to California Liberals, but we stop at shaking our head and saying "Bless your heart", an ass whoopin is reserved for those who really deserve it.

Like a transwoman in the bathroom?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
we are way done here.

edit on 19-5-2016 by network dude because: edited out offensive comments that I know should be said, but are against T&C

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

so hate crimes aren't hate crimes in NC?

No, they're not!

What is considered a "Hate Crime" in California, and other states, is not considered a Hate Crime in North Carolina. Not only that, but North Carolina went steps further, barring LGBT, and all victims of discrimination, under the guise of "religion", from their day in court over their perceived discrimination.

There is no federal protection for these people, either, except from the Obama administration's directive against LGBT discrimination in federal job positions, which people like you are foaming at the mouth over!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You seem to be the one "foaming at the mouth"

He's trying to be civil and you're showing no attempt to reciprocate

Relax, and have one on me.
edit on 19-5-2016 by essentialtremors because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join