It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this guy wrong? If so, please explain.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And there were probably a few people who tried to marry their toasters just to make a point about gay marriage ruining everything. It passed. This will blow over as well.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What does this have to do with what I posted? I think you misunderstood my post. It was about women being harassed in women's bathroom because of their "tom boy" appearances.

I honestly would never question anyone about this, for the exact reason those people are upset. I have seen people who I really couldn't tell the sex. If I saw them enter a restroom it would answer a question, but sure wouldn't make me angry.

How is this about you?

I think the real problem is some folks are clueless how to act in public. But when you FORCE EVERYONE to do something, it's almost a guarantee you will get blowback. It's just not how educated people act.

What are you talking about, "FORCE EVERYONE to do something"??? Nobody has to do anything, except use the bathroom!

edit on 18-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: windword

Are these people wrong for using these bathrooms?

YES!

You asked.

You don't want women using women's rest rooms? You want "tom boy" girls to use the men's room?

Make up your mind!!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Seriously this is great. You could head right in to the girls locker room to sneak a peek and the schools will be too terrified to say anything or even punish you. Just say you identify as a woman today and you get a free pass.

You're setting your sights too low. I plan to identify myself as trans-presidential so I can use Air Force One to fly to a vacation in Hawaii.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This could be sooooo simplified with basic information and common sense. If a transwoman wants to use women's facilities, either you won't know she is even trans or she will at least be obviously presenting as a woman. If not, the employees should be able to use their judgement and see if it's just some smart ass with a conservative blog trying to make a point or even some pervert.

If a person is presenting as a man, has a beard, and in all ways behaves like a man but insists they are a woman, by all means, address the person as they want to be addressed but there is no reason to allow that person into the women's facilities.

A major point of all this debate is to prevent trans people from being forced to use restroom they might be assaulted and to afford them the basic dignity of recognition. If the person is clearly presenting as a man, that person is in no danger using the men's room which is where they should go in that case.

Common sense, people.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What does this have to do with what I posted? I think you misunderstood my post. It was about women being harassed in women's bathroom because of their "tom boy" appearances.

I honestly would never question anyone about this, for the exact reason those people are upset. I have seen people who I really couldn't tell the sex. If I saw them enter a restroom it would answer a question, but sure wouldn't make me angry.

How is this about you?

I think the real problem is some folks are clueless how to act in public. But when you FORCE EVERYONE to do something, it's almost a guarantee you will get blowback. It's just not how educated people act.

What are you talking about, "FORCE EVERYONE to do something"??? Nobody has to do anything, except use the bathroom!

OH, I thought you were up on what this whole discussion is about. You posted pictures of some women who looked a little butch, and then posted stories about how they were harassed in the bathroom, or perhaps it was someone else, but I think it was you. Anyway, although you don't really know my true identity, I can assure you I was not the one doing the harassing. So the point you made is Meh, as best.

But the Federal Government is trying to force the transgender bathroom issue on North Carolina and they are using federal gran money withholding as the punishment. So yea, someone is trying to FORCE SOMEONE to do something.

Here is a news article about it so you may catch up. Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

100% agreed. It's a shame a small group of boneheads had to make a huge stink over this. If they had left it alone, it would have never been an issue.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a ploy on her part to get media/national attention and then perhaps level some litigation at the company or the man or both.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You asked, (not so innocently) "Is this guy wrong?" for using the woman's dressing room, just to make a point. I countered your trite and overused example with real life consequences of fear mongering and hate baiting, like you're doing here in this thread, by asking "Are these women, who were using women's bathrooms and were attacked for their looks, wrong for using their gender designated bathroom?"

It was North Carolina that was doing the forcing, forcing a non-issue, that turned into a massive discrimination and hate bill against LGBTQ and tons of other people as well. It was North Carolina that was doing the FORCING, FORCING transsexuals to change their bathroom habits, regardless of their appearance.

The only thing the federal government is FORCING, is The Constitution, equal protection. The fact is that people who were never even supposed to be targeted by this bill are being singled out, followed and subject to humiliation, harassment and abuse because of their "tom boy" appearances, all because people have gone transphobic cray cray over these stupid discriminatory laws.

Because of these stupid laws, and because of people like the man in your OP, women and children are a lot less safe. Not because of transgender people.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ether this guy did this to prove a point, or because he was taking advantage of the policy, which is EXACTLY what people have stated would happen. Shows we are right to be concerned, eh?

So, some dude that claims he's a woman can walk right in, because no one wants his feelings hurt, but the women who don't want him there can suck it up and deal? And that isn't discrimination?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, just NO! Some person's feelings, who has a mental issue and thinks they are the opposite sex, do not trump the feelings and rights of everyone else.

I hope that woman goes very public, and that store goes out of business.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Seriously this is great. You could head right in to the girls locker room to sneak a peek and the schools will be too terrified to say anything or even punish you. Just say you identify as a woman today and you get a free pass.

You're setting your sights too low. I plan to identify myself as trans-presidential so I can use Air Force One to fly to a vacation in Hawaii.

You can't have it!! I Identify myself as president, and I want to head to Tahiti!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Sometimes I have just the skirt on and my bra. Don't get me started on the 3-sided mirror when examiniing the fit of a bikini!!

So you are worried about some dude checking you out in clothes that cover more than bikinis and when wearing an actual bikini which is what you would wear on a beach?

Underwear makes people loopy. They see it and they think you are underdressed but you could be flossing your ass on the beach with a thong and it is acceptable.

This is a non issue.

edit on 18-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Common sense, people.

The people behind this "Trans" agenda have already forgone all sense and reason.

They lack basic common sense.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

You can't have it!! I Identify myself as president, and I want to head to Tahiti!

Tahiti sounds good. Do you need a First Lady? How about a Presidential dog?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I just remember the old closet with a small bench and a few hanging hooks. lol

They're still that way. Mostly.

Some just have additional mirrors outside with side mirrors so you can see 3 sides. You do not have to walk out there in your bra.

My mom had polio. Her husband always went into the dressing room area with her to help her.

There is a law that an opposite sex person (spouse/caregiver) can accompany the disabled in areas such as bathrooms and dressing rooms. (not sure about all states).

edit on 18-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Tahiti sounds good. Do you need a First Lady? How about a Presidential dog?

I prefer a First Husband, and am sure he will agree! A cat, thanks! Have one well suited to the role, though he might argue that he's in charge! Maybe he can lead on alternate Tuesdays!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Is this guy wrong? If so, please explain.

Are there no frikking stalls in both men's and women's rooms?
What sort of neurotic, infantile, juvenile, repressed, mentally/emotionally ill people can't take a leak or dump is someone of another gender is in the next closed booth?!
And if there is a trough, and all those penises horrifies you, JUST DON'T LOOK!
And go into your booth!
What a frikking embarrassingly sick/infantile society I have had the misfortune of falling into!
The world is falling apart, and the morons are worried who's peeing next to them!

Y'all (damn hateful 'believers'/bigots) make me want to heave!

edit on 19-5-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You asked, (not so innocently) "Is this guy wrong?" for using the woman's dressing room, just to make a point. I countered your trite and overused example with real life consequences of fear mongering and hate baiting, like you're doing here in this thread, by asking "Are these women, who were using women's bathrooms and were attacked for their looks, wrong for using their gender designated bathroom?"

It was North Carolina that was doing the forcing, forcing a non-issue, that turned into a massive discrimination and hate bill against LGBTQ and tons of other people as well. It was North Carolina that was doing the FORCING, FORCING transsexuals to change their bathroom habits, regardless of their appearance.

The only thing the federal government is FORCING, is The Constitution, equal protection. The fact is that people who were never even supposed to be targeted by this bill are being singled out, followed and subject to humiliation, harassment and abuse because of their "tom boy" appearances, all because people have gone transphobic cray cray over these stupid discriminatory laws.

Because of these stupid laws, and because of people like the man in your OP, women and children are a lot less safe. Not because of transgender people.

no, actually, you missed a step. Did Gov McCrory just wake up one day and decide to end his political career by making HB2? Oh Wait, no he didn't. A group of LGBT people enacted a city ordinance in Charlotte that opened this whole mess. The NC government reacted to stupidity in haste and now we have this mess. But if it wasn't for the snowflakes that thought the transgender people needed some recognition, everyone would still be just fine, like they were. So please, first get your facts straight, then you can twist them how you like.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

no, actually, you missed a step. Did Gov McCrory just wake up one day and decide to end his political career by making HB2? Oh Wait, no he didn't. A group of LGBT people enacted a city ordinance in Charlotte that opened this whole mess. The NC government reacted to stupidity in haste and now we have this mess. But if it wasn't for the snowflakes that thought the transgender people needed some recognition, everyone would still be just fine, like they were. So please, first get your facts straight, then you can twist them how you like.

Do you really think a groups of Trans folk woke up one day and thought, "Hey, North Carolina is a progressive, caring, even bohemian state; let's draw national attention to ourselves."

Besides the fact that if they managed to enact a city ordinance then the people of that city have spoke and they've done nothing wrong and harbor no blame in this matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join