It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this guy wrong? If so, please explain.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
dfw.cbslocal.com...

Shopper Upset Man Allowed To Use Women’s Dressing Room In Ross

A Forney woman says a Ross department store in Mesquite let a man into the women’s dressing room Monday. “I was in the dressing room, when we heard a man’s voice,” said Lisa Stickles, who says she quickly told a manager. “She went inside the dressing room, came right back out and called me to the side and told me… he was representing himself as a woman today,” Stickles said. A customer service representative with Ross would not comment on the alleged incident but said they do not discriminate against the transgender community; adding, customers may use changing rooms that apply to their gender identity. “What about me? Or my feelings?” said Sickles. “(The manager) told me that if I felt uncomfortable in the dressing room with him there… I’d have to wait until he’s finished.” Sickles said she waited, and was shocked when she watched the man walk out. “He was in no way dressed as a woman,” Sickles said. “He had on jeans, a t-shirt, 5 o’clock shadow, very deep voice. He was a man.”

I realize this guy likely did this to prove a point. And he has one. This kind of sweeping law does nothing but enable this behavior. Is it right? no. But will it happen again? You can bet your ass it will. How about schools? How long will it take the kids to realize that a free pass exists to walk into the girls locker room now? You can tell me all about how this is not the intent here, but you can't piss off this many folks, and then not expect them to push back just a bit.

Good luck ladies. Oh, and you are free to come into the men's locker room too. Just beware when someone starts to twirl a towel.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Personally?

I think this broad is a drama queen!

Unless dressing rooms have changed, aren't they basically a personal closet? If that's the case? Idiot drama queen!

It's one thing to be in an open space in a locker room being able to see everyones naughty bits, but to bitch about someone in their own little closet is ridiculous.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

NON ISSUE EVERYONE WALK AWAY!!!!!

why didnt the lady just speak to the dude and say hey dude i dont like you in here while im getting undressed please leave. Why make a stupid big deal in the media?

Or on the other hand why didnt the lady say i going into then mens changing room and tell the manager not to let anyone else in but other women.

The lady is a wuss the manger is an idiot and the dude either has a mental problem or is taking advantage of the new media hype.

YOUR ALL BEING PLAYED i hope you see it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another one of these threads?

What happened to ATS fighting the establishment? This is a website that has turned from denying their agenda to promoting it every single day. SMH

I don't know what to make of this situation, and honestly I don't really care. Was the woman spied on or raped? If not, what is the big deal? If someone wants to go into a woman's changing room and spy on them then some law won't stop them from doing it.

There are booths for privacy. Unless someone forces their way into your booth then there is no threat to you, and if they do force their way in then some transgender law wasn't going to stop them to begin with.

Such a dumb issue and I'm sick of seeing it littering the forums day after day, hour after hour.
edit on 5/18/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am hoping everyone will see how stupid this whole thing is and finally end the idiocy. I think it's going to take a whole bunch of people doing idiotic things like this to bring it into enough light for all to see it for what it is.

link   
I wonder what they do in Thailand, lady boys and stuff, maybe the US could learn something from them.

link   

Are these people wrong for using these bathrooms?

Woman Harassed in Bathroom for Appearing Transgender — and She’s Not Alone

Aimee Toms, 22, [...] said that she was using the bathroom at a Danbury Walmart on Friday when a woman suddenly approached her from behind and yelled, “You are not supposed to be here! You need to leave!” The woman then gave Toms the finger, told her she was “disgusting,” and stormed out.

Oh, and you are free to come into the men's locker room too. Just beware when someone starts to twirl a towel.

Yeah...Are they really?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Oh I know. It's 100% subjective now.

I talked to my dad last night, and that's the first thing he said, "So with this new thing now. What would stop me from going into any women's room or locker room and just saying 'I feel like a woman?'" My jaw dropped. He's usually not that astute.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It seems so. See, there is already this to protect anyone who feels threatened. It's much like the law that states you can't kill other people. It's pretty easy to understand, and if enforced, it would end every bit of those examples you mentioned. Or, if you like you could put it in the same class as our immigration laws., on second thought, don't do that.
edit on 18-5-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I honestly would never question anyone about this, for the exact reason those people are upset. I have seen people who I really couldn't tell the sex. If I saw them enter a restroom it would answer a question, but sure wouldn't make me angry. I think the real problem is some folks are clueless how to act in public. But when you FORCE EVERYONE to do something, it's almost a guarantee you will get blowback. It's just not how educated people act.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Kudos for having an Archie Bunker avitar and using "broad" in a sentence. You sir, rock.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There's a chance a man is watching her from the security office, anyways.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Personally?

Unless dressing rooms have changed, aren't they basically a personal closet? If that's the case? Idiot drama queen!

It's one thing to be in an open space in a locker room being able to see everyones naughty bits, but to bitch about someone in their own little closet is ridiculous.

Oh, boy, are you out of touch! There are 3-sided full length mirrors in the women's dressing room that are OUTSIDE the personal individual dressing room. Many times I have walked out of the dressing room to use the 3-sided mirror and sometimes I was half dressed like when I want to view the length of the skirt. Sometimes I have just the skirt on and my bra. Don't get me started on the 3-sided mirror when examiniing the fit of a bikini!! Now we have to worry that some man identifies as a female "today".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: seeker1963

Kudos for having an Archie Bunker avitar and using "broad" in a sentence. You sir, rock.

Agreed! When I read his posts my brain automatically hears Bunkers voice and his sentence structure is perfect for it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: seeker1963

Personally?

Oh, boy, are you out of touch! There are 3-sided full length mirrors in the women's dressing room that are OUTSIDE the personal individual dressing room. Many times I have walked out of the dressing room to use the 3-sided mirror and sometimes I was half dressed like when I want to view the length of the skirt. Sometimes I have just the skirt on and my bra. Don't get me started on the 3-sided mirror when examiniing the fit of a bikini!! Now we have to worry that some man identifies as a female "today".

You are right! I am out of touch.

Been 30 years since I used a dressing room!

I just remember the old closet with a small bench and a few hanging hooks. lol

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Seriously this is great. You could head right in to the girls locker room to sneak a peek and the schools will be too terrified to say anything or even punish you. Just say you identify as a woman today and you get a free pass.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
People wait for change rooms? Ridiculous.

If there isn't a room available, I try it on at the rack.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Are these people wrong for using these bathrooms?

YES!

You asked.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Real man don't use the dressing rooms

They grab & pay and are done within 5 minutes.

Her point of "He is a man" is invalid.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

well, hes not wrong, he has that right, lofl

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join