It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The States Begin to Fight Obama’s Transgender “Guidance”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: shooterbrody

Do you think people in the South were happy that the Jim Crow laws were banned? Do you think they were happy they had to allow blacks into their restaurants, hotels, and bathrooms? They were not happy AT ALL. Did they get over it eventually? Yep. Same will happen here.

That has what to do with the fact that businesses can still discriminate just not openly?
"Oh we are closing now"
"Sorry we just ran out of that"
"We cant get that to you until next month"

And my new favorite today "Facebook, now arguably the most important distributor of news online, has cultivated the idea that its bar is an impartial algorithm that responds to “likes” and gives users only what they’ve indicated they want.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
best option I have heard is get rid of urinals and make all bathrooms stalls with locking doors on them.

Probably should be that way anyways..

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sure, businesses can try that. And sometimes they will succeed. But if they do it too many times to the same group of people (who are protected from discrimination), they just might get caught. Which is why we need anti-discrimination laws.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
best option I have heard is get rid of urinals and make all bathrooms stalls with locking doors on them.

Probably should be that way anyways..

How about a separate section for urinals?

I was thinking about that yesterday.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: network dude

sorry, if you cannot understand the whole issue then I cannot have an intelligent conversation with you

Yep, I 100% agree.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not a bad idea, but how do you stop the same potential problem from occurring?

If everybody can safely lock themselves up to do their business the argument dies... And with everything screwed up in our country today, and the potential theft of a presidency (both parties pulling shenanigans) I think we have a lot bigger fish to fry.

It scares me whenever this kind of argument is shoved by the government and the media, cause everyone should be asking what are they doing in the dark of the night while we argue over toilet.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Have you ever been there? There's nothing wrong with how the people of Portland have chosen to live their lives, but you're crazy if you think Portland is how the rest of the US ought to be. I do not think Hipster Capital is an unfair assessment at all. Again, nothing wrong with it, but the way the majority thinks there is definitely not a good representation of the rest of the country. People who live in Portland have moved there to be around like minded people. If you have to move to a specific part of the country to feel as though you fit in, then you are probably on the outlier in some way of what society on the whole thinks.

Whether thats a good or bad thing is totally subjective. I liked visiting Portland, I will never live there.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: SKMDC1

You know, we actually fought a war over that idea, and we determined the States DO NOT determine their own policies when it comes to discrimination toward Americans. All men are created equal (even if they identify as a woman.) The "all men are not created equal" side lost, rather badly. No one is being forced by a single man or a king. It's the majority of Americans who think it's not okay to be a doucehbag to a fellow citizen. Sometimes, the Federal Gov't has to step in and say, okay now, we're getting near douchebag territory!

NC Bathroom Bill Poll

Why stop here though? I work with autistic people that are sensitive to light and sound. Are they not created equal? Shouldn't society have to adapt to them by not allowing bright lights and sounds, particularly in schools?

So, you're saying that transgendered people need to be covered by the ADA? They are disabled somehow?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SKMDC1

I was responding to a poster that said we fought a war that all people were created eaual, therefore we must accommodate trans people in this incident. Trans people suffer from a disorder, gender disphoria. If society has to adapt for them, why not the autistic?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Do you think public places should be allowed to totally restrict autistic people from entering, solely on the basis that they make all the other people uncomfortable because of how they look and act? Places like restaurants, museums, parks, zoos, and any other place an autistic person or child might be interested in going?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No and I don't see how that is relevant. I think that unfortunately autistic people have to choose where they can go in public. It is unfair to ask the rest of the world to totally adapt to a group with a disorder.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No and I don't see how that is relevant. I think that unfortunately autistic people have to choose where they can go in public. It is unfair to ask the rest of the world to totally adapt to a group with a disorder.

It's totally relevant. If an autistic person wanted to go to a public place that was enjoyable for them, but was told "you can't come here because the way you look, speak and act makes everyone else uncomfortable", would that be something you support? Of course not. Everyone else is just going to have to get over their aversion to seeing an autistic person, right?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So schools or businesses are telling trans people they can't go there? That is news to me. I thought the issue was trans were uncomfortable with the restrooms they were being asked to use. If an autistic person is uncomfortable in a restaurant they just don't go there. Perhaps king Obama should send letters to everyone when autistic people feel uncomfortable.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And if an autistic person was comfortable in a restaurant, but was told they were not allowed in?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with anything. No one is saying trans can not go to schools or other places. Are you actually tryingto say that this is occurring?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am saying that a transgender person is told they cannot go to a PUBLIC place (restroom) that is comfortable to them, because it might make other people uncomfortable. That is just as bad as telling an autistic person that they cannot go to a PUBLIC place that is comfortable to them, because they might make other people uncomfortable.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No it's not because there are reasonable restrictions on restrooms, such as cis men can not go into restrooms for women. If a cis man feels more comfortable in the women's room you would be ok with them in there?

You are making it seem like trans people just wanna hang out in bathrooms by comparing it to autistic people and places they want to go to. What a joke.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No it's not because there are reasonable restrictions on restrooms, such as cis men can not go into restrooms for women. If a cis man feels more comfortable in the women's room you would be ok with them in there?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me.

An autistic person shot up a bunch of little kids at a school, so might there also be reasonable restrictions on keeping autistic people out of public places?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKMDC1

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
good for them. States determine their own policies, not a single man on a throne. I want to see more states jump on board.

You know, we actually fought a war over that idea, and we determined the States DO NOT determine their own policies when it comes to discrimination toward Americans. All men are created equal (even if they identify as a woman.) The "all men are not created equal" side lost, rather badly. No one is being forced by a single man or a king. It's the majority of Americans who think it's not okay to be a doucehbag to a fellow citizen. Sometimes, the Federal Gov't has to step in and say, okay now, we're getting near douchebag territory!

NC Bathroom Bill Poll

It is not discrimination to require that EVERYONE follow the same rule that has always been in place. It is SPECIAL rules for a minority of the population to utilize that which ALL individuals have had access to based upon their actual sex. Thus making Obama's "rule" discrimination against the majority...which appears to be his last year's agenda.
edit on 5/19/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

You guys ever see that 90's movie "Starship Troopers"?

They had coed showers and fought giant bugs! But that's all just fantasy.

Sure have.

All 4 movies.

And it was a FASCIST society much like the 'kings decree'. That's reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join