It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The States Begin to Fight Obama’s Transgender “Guidance”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xuenchen

Pucker up buttercup, all these kids need to do is say they identify as a woman today, and POOF*, free pass. Yea, this can't miss.

Nope, not how it works at all.

How do you know? Can you read minds?

If you stop him, you are discriminating. Lawsuit inbound. And besides ... what are you so worried about? There are laws that will prevent someone from doing anything once they're in with you because that would be illegal.
edit on 18-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Pucker up buttercup, all these kids need to do is say they identify as a woman today, and POOF*, free pass. Yea, this can't miss.

Nope, not how it works at all.

Um...I don't think you thought this through. It absolutely does work just like that. And if you question that person, aren't you just the same as those who you have brought up in the past as being oppressed?

I think it's wrong and a slippery slope to be sure, but my opinion means nothing. I'd love to hear your reasoning on this.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

I do love to be educated.

ok, ok, not the nicest thing for me to say....but, why can't these state legislators look around to other states and see how they are dealing with this, instead of going bats**t, fox news crazy?.....that Portland high school has been doing this for over 2 years, and the kids themselves say it no big deal. why are the "adult lawmakers" in these southern states so nutszoid over this?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A student's parents are required to officially communicate with the school admin to let them know their child is undergoing counseling, puberty blockers, hormones in order to facilitate their transition as a transgender student. A random kid can't just walk in to school and say "I feel like a girl today so I'm going to the showers." The school knows exactly who the true transgender kids are.
edit on 18-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Because the states having major issues with this are the same states who went batsh*t crazy over same sex marriage (and civil rights for blacks back in the day). The religious conservative powers that be are struggling to gain back some kind of control, which they have been losing steadily over the years. (and I'm pretty sure they'll lose this one too.)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

A student's parents are required to officially communicate with the school admin to let them know their child is undergoing counseling, puberty blockers, hormones in order to facilitate their transition as a transgender student. A random kid can't just walk in to school and say "I feel like a girl today so I'm going to the showers." The school knows exactly who the true transgender kids are.

What about the ones whose parents are not accepting? Are they still expected to be discriminated against?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bathrooms aren't even split up by gender, they're split up by sex.

Have a penis, obviously the bathroom with the urinal in it is meant for you whether you identify as a male, female or giraffe. The more I think about it, the more I don't see what the F the whining is about. One can identify as a female if they have a penis, great, the bathroom with the urinals however are still for you. That's what urinals are for.

Unless you biologically have to squat to pee, there's no need to go in the women's bathroom.
edit on 18-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It looks like in some cases the student can go to the school on their own behalf (especially if they are older), but they still have to officially notify the administration. A 17-year old boy can't just randomly walk into the girls' shower saying "I feel like a girl today".

1. How do schools find out that a student will transition?
Typically, the student or the student’s parent or guardian will tell the school and ask that the
school start treating the student in a manner consistent with the student’s gender identity.
Some students transition over a school break, such as summer break. Other students may
undergo a gender transition during the school year, and may ask (or their parents may ask on
their behalf) teachers and other school employees to respect their identity as they begin
expressing their gender identity, which may include changes to their dress and appearance.
Some school district or state policies address how a student or parent might provide the
relevant notice to the school.

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKMDC1

You know, we actually fought a war over that idea, and we determined the States DO NOT determine their own policies when it comes to discrimination toward Americans. All men are created equal (even if they identify as a woman.) The "all men are not created equal" side lost, rather badly. No one is being forced by a single man or a king. It's the majority of Americans who think it's not okay to be a doucehbag to a fellow citizen. Sometimes, the Federal Gov't has to step in and say, okay now, we're getting near douchebag territory!

NC Bathroom Bill Poll

Why stop here though? I work with autistic people that are sensitive to light and sound. Are they not created equal? Shouldn't society have to adapt to them by not allowing bright lights and sounds, particularly in schools?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

A 17-year old boy can't just randomly walk into the girls' shower saying "I feel like a girl today".

How dare you discriminate against the gender fluid! Some people do feel like a man one hour, then a woman the next. By oversimplifying the problem sayin a "boy" can't just claim he is a girl you are furthering stereotypes against the gender fluid. If "transgenders" are to have their rights be allowed by using the bathroom they identify with, shouldn't gender fluid people have the same option?

Here is a CNN article explaining the gender fluid.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 18-5-2016 by Grambler because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh, so what they identify as isn't good enough, they actually need the school's approval?

That's discrimination!

I never needed permission to use the men's bathroom. But if I identified as a girl I'd need permission from some faculty member and have to transition in a way in which the faculty approves?

Discrimination I say!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You seriously can't make this stuff up.

Per usual, the progressives jump at an opportunity to blow something minor out of proportion and into the national news, attempt to quickly pass legislation while it's a hot topic so they look good and look like they're doing something productive, yet time and time again they fail to think things through, consider the bigger picture.

Unbelievable.

Their "solution" is just another form of discrimination.

Seems to be a war on logic and common sense in America today.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
These ops pop up faster than I can keep up.

Here is a repeat of my thousand words...

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: suasagefingertphonetyporepairjob

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
For clarity, here's the actual letter sent out from the government departments ...

Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students

edit on May-18-2016 by xuenchen because: quote from clarity

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

See, now you are being mean. How do you know what that person is going through? (I realize this is going way over the top, but if you stop for a second, you find it's difficult to find where to draw a line with this.) It's slippery slope and is going to have problems. You can't open pandora's box, take a peak in, then expect everything to go back like it was, the box is opened. Accept ALL the fallout, good and BAD that will be associated with this.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Adding a unisex bathroom is the only answer.

You can't take away privacy for all just for a few people.

I want actual numbers of kids per school now.

I bet the number is like .01

More planned controversy.

This pres is absolutely psycho. Fn with the kids and parents now.

He should just stop being a B and admits he hates the country and wants to teach us a lesson.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes, yes. Hyperbole, hyperbole. Slippery slope! Slippery slope! People will start trying to marry their toasters if we allow gays to marry!

Calm down children. All these things will work themselves out. Life will continue and the world won't end. Trust me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes, yes. Hyperbole, hyperbole. Slippery slope! Slippery slope! People will start trying to marry their toasters if we allow gays to marry!

Calm down children. All these things will work themselves out. Life will continue and the world won't end. Trust me.

If I was gender fluid, I would find this comment unbelievably offensive. You can not have it both ways. If it is bigoted and immoral to not respect the gender choices that people make, this means ALL people! You do not get to leave certain people out because their gender choices do not fit nicely into your agenda. In fact, isn't that the very criticism you are making towards people?
edit on 18-5-2016 by Grambler because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think this funniest part about this whole 'issue'.

IS that I have spent the majority of my life AVOIDING public restrooms.

I am sure I am not alone.

edit on 18-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

As I said, all these things will work themselves out. No need to fear monger. All will be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join