It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax | "Moon Buggy" LRV is a Willys Jeep

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Greetings from the Emerald City!

So, I like to keep track of recent articles/videos regarding the so-called Apollo Moon Landing Hoax (while avoiding Flat Earth if possible) and came across this recent attempt to prove that the Lunar Rover (Designed & Built by Boeing) was actually a 1953 Willys-Overland CJ3B Jeep (widely used during the Vietnam War). At least that's what some guy has speculated. In my opinion, if anything, Boeing may have used the dimensions of an already established vehicle, but I do not believe that they stripped down a Jeep to send to the moon (or a CIA/NSA film studio @ Area-51).

I will say that I appreciate the work that the person obviously put into this video, it's actually pretty decent quality compared to some I've seen. I look forward to hearing what my fellow ATS members have to say about the idea that Boeing used a Jeep for their LRV design (not whether or not you believe we landed on the moon or how stupid you think I am for posting this).

Here is the video:

edit on 5182016 by seattlerat because: my spilling sugs

edit on 5182016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree with your statement... Boeing probably used the Willy's Jeep (which had already been proven to be an awesome multi-terrain vehicle) in the design of their LRV.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Couple things I'd like to point out/question -

1) "look where his right hand is, right on the knob." That's comedy gold, not gonna lie.

2) "they're cheap so they went with what they had laying around." Uh...what? They put all this money into an elaborate, huge, massive scale hoax but decided to be cheap on THIS because THIS was the one thing they couldn't be arsed to spend money on?!? Uh...sure...or they figured the jeep wasn't a half bad design and they didn't need to reinvent the damn wheel?

3) so what if it is a jeep? How does that prove anything about landing on the moon?

ETA - questions aren't directed at you, OP. At the video.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

wheres de engine tho?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So the moon buggy is similar to a Willys Jeep.. And how exactly does this debunk the moon landings.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The design for the jeep was to be a light weight,multi terrain vehicle,as was the rover.Why not use it as a starting design?! If I wanted to build a new sports car,why not base it on a corvette concept/design ,its called reverse engineering!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

The design for the jeep was to be a light weight,multi terrain vehicle,as was the rover.Why not use it as a starting design?! If I wanted to build a new sports car,why not base it on a corvette concept/design ,its called reverse engineering!

Not reverse engineered as it has already been designed and built. We have the plans for it..
edit on 18/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Because of the low gravity an engine is not needed.
The jeep was peddled by the astronaut driver.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yuh wrong! it was a bloody Range rover stripped down...one of the first to come off the production line in 1969.

BTW, here's yer man's website,

lifttheveil411.com...
edit on 18-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hoax?
well. they can see the lrv there themselves.

granted it's not a great pic.
the hubble is still a small diameter telescope.
you'd need something bigger to see it better.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.00.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This again??? Is the Earth Flat as well? Yes we went to the moon, more than once, yes we have rovers on mars and probes and satellites. Why is this ever even still a question???

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hold on guys, this character is saying that what you are seeing is actually a JEEP as in JEEP, not something made out of JEEP bits and pieces, and that the body parts have been edited out! the guy's totally nuts. That's creepy since he talks in that low plausible sounding voice.
edit on 18-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's actually from LRO, not Hubble.

On topic: This has gotta be the nuttiest goddamn thing i've seen all week, and i've seen some gems, let me tell you...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: grey580

That's actually from LRO, not Hubble.

On topic: This has gotta be the nuttiest goddamn thing i've seen all week, and i've seen some gems, let me tell you...

I just discovered there's more, the same guy has redone the video because he's miffed that most people thought that he was talking about a stripped down JEEP. This time it gets crazier because he adds that the fenders aren't really there, that the wheels aren't really "transparent" huh?.... because the light reflects off them......
he does not even know that those wheel sare an open mesh affair, that you can put a stick right through them.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You are corect sir.

My bad.

www.space.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
apparently the volkwagaon bug prototype wasn't completely credible

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
it looks similar so it must be a hoax !

huh ?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't see it. I mean, sure there are similarities, but as far as I know the jeep was not front-articulating. So..... it ends up looking like every other stripped-down version of a vehicle. Not a huge stretch IMHO. Why reinvent the wheel? I appreciate the thread and the video. Doesn't at all seem conclusive to me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
oh, a 30 second google search and you can find the operations manual an a description of how it was made

and it was folded for storage and deployment, show me a jeep that folds up, lol

go to 27:00, this idea is silly

lunar rover

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join