It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Homes for the Homeless Now Under Attack in California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We once had a drunk come down our road, as well as a couple of others bouncing off the parked cars along the streets, they nailed my husband truck, totals the really nice, new car, as well as about four other on the street. Luckily they were empty cars and not tiny homes with people sleeping in them, and the tiny home that was shown in the photo really didn't look like it would take too much abuse at all..

if enough concerned citizens in a city could get together, hopefully, with some of them owning decent plots of land, and if not, maybe willing to make deals with landowners in the area where they can rent a small amount of land for a tiny house, with plumbing, ect installed into it (at the groups expense.) the homeless could be spread out in the communities and it wouldn't be such a problem.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

we have the resources to care for these people

Who has all these resources you speak of?

Who do you want to pay for all of this?

Let me guess...me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You think you can knock together a few tiny homes in an afternoon, use up a few 4x8 pieces of plywood, stick on a roof, and voila! Problem solved!

So where is the bathroom?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

in your house if he happens to decide to park it at the curb in front of it???

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
One idea is to make them bigger. A size of a car garage at least.

This isn’t anything new....Just think of trailer parks.

They should have little home parks. Though--as I say above---make them the size of a gar garage.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Something has got to be done because with Trump and Hillary as a choice this country is destined to get worse.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack
a reply to: RedDragon

Come on man. Must EVERYTHING be liberal or conservative?

In this case, the situation gets reduced down to either the residents tolerate these little homes (liberal) or don't tolerate them (conservative). There isn't anything in-between. You are either willing to put up with homeless people begging for money for food, public transport, -liquor and drugs or you are not.

There should be some kind of assistance for them, but that would only be able to done on remote cheap land which the homeless don't want to go, And the residents in wealthy areas don't want them. So the only place left is under overpasses and downtown.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am looking at that tiny home and wondering what happens to the sewage.

Not exactly making light of it, but dumping raw sewage in storm drains creates very real problems.

And as others have mentioned, if there is no electric or gas hookup on any kind ... someone could make the mistake of cooking or using open flame in one of those. Place it in the wrong random spot and you have a very real fire hazard, both for the tiny home and for the larger area as Cali is prone to wild fires.

If you are going to create a tiny home movement, it needs to be organized. Like this tiny home village in Kansas City. It is a planned development for homeless vets, and it's using the donations to add tiny homes to the community, but in a planned fashion.

Doing a google search for "tiny home village for vets" shows that it is hardly alone, too.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

you would guess wrong but if u like to play conservative victim go for it.

we have the resources and space, but since everyone cant see past what the government lets people like u see, people like you will always play right into there hands, i feel sorry for you brother.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Why does it need to be done through government though and compelled?

Can't it be done through other means? Clearly people are doing it one their own, voluntarily. Look at the potential for people to get good out of it on the way too. My high school had a senior year vocational class where the seniors actually built a house. Wouldn't tiny houses be outstanding for such classes at area high schools to build? The kids wouldn't have to be paid for their work; they're getting early practical experience to help them get set up for a trade future. They could be mentored by tradesmen.

There are all kinds of avenues to get something like this done without it needing to be a government program with all of the waste and abuse that implies.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those little homes are more like they should be.

I wonder though that some one will come along and start making money off those

No more free

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

i was not saying more government programs i was saying less government restrictions.

if we were allowed to colonize are are own land without out being policed by the feds the homeless would not have to hang out in citys, and the ones that did stay in citys would have more resources to help them get back on there feet through the programs that already exist.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

you would guess wrong but if u like to play conservative victim go for it.

we have the resources and space, but since everyone cant see past what the government lets people like u see, people like you will always play right into there hands, i feel sorry for you brother.

Again, who is 'we' with all these resources?

The Government already stole those resources from the people.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah....well -
the authorities can attack whatever.

This stuff is happening. People are stepping up - providing food and shelter and help to those who the government has abandoned.

I applaud the efforts.
It's happening across the country, actually.

Cops come in and decimate or dismantle 'homeless' camps (where these people have homes), and then want to criminalize them being vagrants. It's so retarded.

It's so.....
so......
*takes a deep breath*
GOP. *ducks and runs*

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

we the people, our land, our humanity

the government splits us up, sanctions which land we are allowed to live on, and breeds in humane aholes using mind control tactics through media and education institutions.

we could stop this most would have shelter and most would have food

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Tiny homes are great if sizing down to going off the grid if what you're looking for. Room wise a compost toilet fits neatly into a small bathroom.

It always seems to happen when there's a light in the tunnel for the downtrodden who will be safer in these extra tiny homes, regulations(paid off crony gangsters) come along and ruin everything.
edit on 18-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: these*

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So your fellow citizens are now living in dog kennels, finally the American dream has arrived. The only problem its barking mad, and if you wanted to escape and leave the madness you cant because the queues are too long at the airport.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm on my phone, so I can't embed.

Austin, Texas seems to have a novel solution that seems to be working pretty well so far.

m.youtube.com...

They have created a village of these tiny homes. It's a small community where people learn skills and try to improve their situation.

I don't think it would work well for Cali though, mainly because nothing works well for Cali.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: JimiBlack
a reply to: RedDragon

Come on man. Must EVERYTHING be liberal or conservative?

In this case, the situation gets reduced down to either the residents tolerate these little homes (liberal) or don't tolerate them (conservative). There isn't anything in-between. You are either willing to put up with homeless people begging for money for food, public transport, -liquor and drugs or you are not.

There should be some kind of assistance for them, but that would only be able to done on remote cheap land which the homeless don't want to go, And the residents in wealthy areas don't want them. So the only place left is under overpasses and downtown.
Still has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism. I'm neither. If you are COMPLETELY liberal about EVERYTHING or COMPLETELY conservative about EVERYTHING, in my humble opinion, that makes for a VERY closed-minded individual.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join