It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man to buy Boeing and skyscraper to recreate 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: intergalactic fire

if he wants to recreate it correctly he'd build 3 towers and buy 2 planes and see if he can get all 3 to collapse on the first go.

Sadly, so far Salo has raised a paltry $500 of his $1.5 million goal.

+ an extra 3mil, this is going to take forever!
I will add a donation of 5 bucks to speed things up.

edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This has as much chance of happening as monkeys flying out of my bum..where is he going to crash a plane into a building, who would let him?..Detroit maybe..lmao

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This has as much chance of happening as monkeys flying out of my bum..where is he going to crash a plane into a building, who would let him?..Detroit maybe..lmao

The Thai government so it seems

edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well the logistics are a nightmare as well,as the overheads
Though it's not a bad premise, crash a jetliner into a building and see if it implodes, sounds like a plan.
Sure it won't be exact science, it should give a reasonable outcome, it should prove buildings stand, fall or I,plods.
If the building is a weaker structure than the original three towers, then the outcome should be validated.
Hell why not just buy it and see if it collapses by itself as if it was standing next to a building that was hit by a plane

What can it hurt, his money, his plan, sounds like a few people are already stressed by this story, hmmm

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire This reads like a badly put together mythbusters plot. They may have to revisit this one.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well that's interesting but to prove anything regarding 911 it would have to be an identical building..I think 1.5mill wont be even close to enough and the logistics involved. I wonder what happens to the money collected if it doesn't happen?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's actually kind of an interesting idea...certainly can't prove anything conclusively, but it would be fascinating to compare the two results of a plane flying into a building.

People waste a lot of money on things way more stupid then this ...heck making a movie can cost millions on blowing stuff up.....it keeps the pressure on and the conversation about 9-11 going...why not?
edit on 18-5-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

First this won't work.

The plane sure. you can get an abandoned 747 for cheap.

But you won't find a building built in the same way the towers were built.

And no city, town or state will let you crash a plane into a building.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I wonder what happens to the money collected if it doesn't happen?

Will be spend on hookers and dope off course, just like our tax money.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good someone contact Al Qaida tell them we need five willing men.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

The man is an idiot to think he could even find the plane for that much. He's short by a few hundred mill... 247wallst.com...

He also needs to buy an "abandoned" skyscraper that fits his model, all this for $1.5 million?

Actually, you can buy a "run-out" 747 for well under a million. I know of one now up for auction in the UAE with a reserve price of only $30,000. If you're going to crash it, you're not worried about total airframe and engine hours or cycles.The cost to fill it with fuel, though, is not cheap. The 747-400 I fly holds over 57,000 gallons of jet fuel. Jet A at JFK airport sells for $6.25/gallon, although if you get on a contract to regularly buy a lot, you can get it for less - as little as $3.30/gallon at some places in the midwest and South or in Jeddah.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To be honest this is a publicity stunt because no way he'll buy a 747 for 1.5 million. Unless he's thinking a model and a sandcastle.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They do this to ridicule the whole thing.
so they can say "conspiracy nuts".

just like most of the UFO stories.
the Goverment bury the truth with hoaxes.

you get a lot of them on conspiracy sites like ATS.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Clearly this idiot isn't a scientist. Pointless experiment seeing as all the variables imaginable will be different. Stupid.

I'd still like to see it though cuz it would be fun.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
They do this to ridicule the whole thing.
so they can say "conspiracy nuts".

just like most of the UFO stories.
the Goverment bury the truth with hoaxes.

So you guys keep saying...but offer no proof.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Step up to the bigz. The planes are a sideshow at most.

The buildings didn't collapse. They turned to dust in mid-air.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Is it going to be constructed the same? Furnished the same? Suffer the same damage? So many variables make this a waste of money and nothing even resembling science.

It's to make profit. This is a business venture to capitalize on conspiracy people.

He will probably make a documentary out of it, write a book, sell merchandise...

For the 1.5 million he invests, he'll probably at least double that. All the "jet fuel can't melt beams" people on Twitter will pay to see his little movie.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: butcherguy

There are multiple sources with the same story, it's not about the news source posting hoaxes.
metro.co.uk...
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... b01359f687637d

Yes, apparently the guy is telling everyone what he wants to do, but on the face of it... it really can't be done. If a person had about a billion dollars to waste, maybe you could build an exact replica of one of the towers in a remote area, and fly an old airliner into it... but the chances of that happening are very, very remote.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

1.5 million for a 747 and a skyscraper? Bit optimistic, ain't it?

That's what I was thinking! If deflation has hit that hard, I'm gonna grab $300 and buy a Tesla Roadster and a nice vacation home with a climate-controlled garage to keep it in!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join